Cuttin a rug

LangeradoSoul

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lager, it was a pleasure dancing with you. Your rug helped tie the space together. We will have to rebuild next year since the black muddy river had its way with the rugs and I hope you'll be there with us.

• Forum MVP

Mine is home and dry after 800 miles in the sun and wind on the van roof. It was a cushy relief every time I would come dance on the rugs. What a tapestry that tied the room together.

Thanks to Going Where and Joe it made it home. GW first threw it in his shoulder and it drained water like a spigot for 10 min and then continued to drain all the way up the hill home to Gertie with Joe. Haha

• Forum MVP

Finally arrived back home in Georgia about two am this morning.  Why is the drive south so much longer than when going north?

Wonderful time this weekend seeing old friends and meeting new ones. Excellent music, beautiful weather, delicious Disco Pitza,  and the Best Band in the Land.  Thank you DSO.

Peace and Love,

Doc

• Forum MVP

Isn't it the truth ! My heart was flung open wider for all the love and mystical blessings on the air and in your hearts you shared with me. I can walk where I feared to tread. I feel so blessed by you all- you wonderful bare footing along people !

Let it Rain - and it did rain gold as the fellows Matt and Justin were yelling for before the show.

image.jpg

image hosting without registration

Even met my west coast fraternal twin, kindred souls, a colleague and soul sister from Buffalo, saw old family and they are expecting a boy named Solomon, my Uncle, and a star walker. It saw the wolf and the people of the forest. All before under a morning Crescent moon.

And that is just a few of the amazing moments. I must have been at Terrapin Station.

But you can't do epic sh*t with basic people !!!

image.jpg

free photo hosting

It was great meeting all of you wonderful people I met for the first time and reconnecting with all those I've known or met from previous shows.  All things considered, it probably was my best Jubilee so far.  Really had a blast this weekend!!!!

I'm considering bringing a rug or two next year, but I'm wondering if it's getting close to the point where someone is going to ask us to tone it down?

Island Bro -

It's great to hear you keep a Jubilee journal.  It would be great if you shared a few select passages!  Can't wait to make it to the PNW... I will eventually, I promise you that. :headbang:

JJ Righteous

• Forum MVP

Are rugs the new tarps?

WSP-Red-Rocks-Hardaker-Photo-01.jpg

In a word?  No.

Hopefully nobody got too bent outta shape about the amount of rug-related real estate.  The purpose was obviously not meant to demarcate space for a group cocktail (talking) party but for calisthenics.  But if it turns out this is why we cant have nice things, I vote for a Rug Section next year.  Let hope in comes with an unlimited water supply and possibly some IV bags of saline in the post-dance triage tent.

There's a market for it :)

Next year I'm getting a hotel for Monday and SLEEPING

BEST TIME EVER

That's smart and I may just do the same.  I ended up dozing off and driving off the road not too long after we left.  Wasn't too bad - no damage and I wasn't stuck, but it was scary as hell.  My dude Shawn drove the rest of the way home.   I basically slept from that moment til 7:00 am this morning.

It was a great time though from start to finish.

It was great meeting all of you wonderful people I met for the first time and reconnecting with all those I've known or met from previous shows. All things considered, it probably was my best Jubilee so far. Really had a blast this weekend!!!!

I'm considering bringing a rug or two next year, but I'm wondering if it's getting close to the point where someone is going to ask us to tone it down?

Island Bro -

It's great to hear you keep a Jubilee journal. It would be great if you shared a few select passages! Can't wait to make it to the PNW... I will eventually, I promise you that. :headbang:

JJ Righteous

Old and new friends. new friends becoming family. Children of the rugs danced and rejoiced in the love on the rug.

Before we are asked to tone it down other options should be investigated.

1. Venue invests money on a suitable dance surface.

2. DSO shops for a new venue.

Thank you DSO and everyone involved in what was experienced this weekend.

Saturday night the rugs were the Petri dish for a perfectly synchronized living organism. The rug is the mycellium that fruits our dance.

• Forum MVP

I had a an unexpected, unprecedented, and unnecessary experience with a thorough ass pat down at the Cleveland airport by the TSA dude. He offered if I wanted to do it in a private room which I didn't care about and then he asked me to "hold your blah blah up",,,and I said, "what?"

And I still had trouble hearing him on the second attempt, but thought he wanted me to stand differently or tighten my ass cheeks or something so there I am in my spaced out, rolling with whatever comes my way, post jubilee groove, tightly holding my sphincter muscle waiting for him to do his thing and then he clearly says, "NO, I need you to hold your belt up from both sides!" "Oh okay", I reply as my confusion lifts and he rubs my ass for a moment...

• Forum MVP

When setting rugs up Saturday, I announced to those around we would be moving back as not to interfere with anyone's experience. Someone in the crowd told me we were the highlight of the show. I think we may be creating animosity amongst the young and yet to be fully initiated but I think many appreciate what we do. We definitely helped some people get off on their experience.

• Forum MVP

MC, I think you are right. GD was a dance hall band The dance was their mission.  Especially Jerry's....  The rest of the stuff- all vehicles  and products of the search to find the individual. Your true name is whispered on the wind and we are trying to catch the wind and listen to it.  Hunter's music so steeped in mythology and legend of humanity is bound to take one to glory if you get on the train,  Barlow and Weir found the muse too along with the others, Dylan, Hendrix, Joplin, Donovan, etc.  I dance as I am inspired but also as I was taught. I was fed on their dreams. The ones I would know by. One has to know the station platform.

The sickness in the (ANY)  scene happens when the focus shifts from it being about being free instead of getting free. Dig? Beautiful people become confused who lose their heart slowly to the world expectations and attachments. Attached to a drug- whatever that drug- pharm, desire, power- instead of it as a means to get where you are going or a product of the moment. It is our humanity, or ego, dragging the spirit down. 

We dance in spite of the world, not for the world. WE are in the world, not of the world. It is shamanic work. We are the remembrance.

• Forum MVP

Island Bro -

It's great to hear you keep a Jubilee journal. It would be great if you shared a few select passages! Can't wait to make it to the PNW... I will eventually, I promise you that. :headbang:

JJ Righteous

Right on JJ,,,we'll see you out here whenever you come! I'll share passages from the journal in time...still in percolation phase on all levels out here! Thought you wrote in it as well but maybe it didn't make it all the way around as intended...

Glad you and Shawn survived the bleary eyed drive home...sounded terrifying to run off the road!!

Old Uncle John used to always say that a hotel room is a hell of a lot cheaper than a burial plot.....I guess that's something we should remind ourselves of when trying to make it home from shows--I've had a few close calls myself trying to fight off sleep,,,

Hoping to finally get caught up with some solid sleep tonight...been over a week now and I'm freakin looped!!

Archived