Cuttin a rug

LangeradoSoul

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Advisory Board

And Rick, you have done an amazing job of organizing and facilitating the rug community over the years. I would say whether you bring a rug or not, and whether you help in the set up or carry that you have earned your place on the rugs in perpetuity. You can always share my rug and if you want I will bring a thrift store rug for you too!

Maybe without feeling any ownership or need for responsibility you can have an easier time having fun on the rugs.

Dr. B

PS-and a special thank you to Sunny who always ends up carrying my rug for me!

• Forum MVP

Dr. B that's been the point of my message here. If the vibe suits me on the rugs, I will dance on the rugs. If the vibe doesn't, I will move along. Having a rug and doing set up and break down makes me feel entitled to the space. Inflates my ego to the point where I think others don't have a right to that space. It will just be easier for me this way.

• Forum MVP

What if you paid for a vendor spot, but just took a couple golf carts and trailers. I bet you could get $20 a trip and load peoples camp in nonstop all day friday and out all day Monday and make bank. I know I'd give $20

• Forum MVP

I've been feeling similar to Mason... Like if the rugs are there that's cool and I'll definitely enjoy hanging out, having a central location. Sometimes I'm moved by the music and need to get in closer. Ultimately we are all together, each having our own unique experience and weaving it into the collective. Everyone should focus on being happy. In the end I'm sure many of us will dance together. Family is good. Lovin' you all~

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Since my "Camel Rug Tote Service" was vetoed by the venue because we could not find someone to pick up the droppings,  I want to show you this tote bag that Goodwill gives out.  It has a shoulder strap that does not show up in the photo.

Tim with tote Bag

• 3 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

So it was funny because there were these mushroom costumes that anyone could use... Some people came out and danced ( not really that awesome but ok) ... Kidded with the guy that they were trying to compete with the magic carpet ride. But really - no comparison !?! Duh ?!?

Archived