Pisgah Shows coming up?

TnJed#48

My wife and I were at the Saturday show last year and loved every minute of it.  Grate vibe, grate show, I could go on and on!  After being out of the scene for so many years after Jerry passed...DSO and that Pisgah show gave me an energy I had not felt in awhile.  This year my wife and I are coming back but for both shows and are bringing our 7 year old that loves the shows/festivals etc.  My question is...Where is everyone camping or where is a chill place to camp that there will not be hassels?  We were gonna go to the Jubilee but I only trust the 1995 Previa so much.  Glad I found the DSO family!  Much love!

Sean

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Lots have camped at the koa. The local sheriff and staff there haven't been too kind to us. A big group of us got a vacation rental but we full on space there and not really kid friendly although we love the kiddies. The super 8 has been super kind to us. Staff has worked with us to avoid police contact and allowed us to have fun. I would recommend staying there if budget matters and ac required. Otherwise I do the black mountain inn. A little closer to venue lots of famous authors stayed lived there.

• Forum MVP

There's another campground that people have stayed at besides the KOA. It's a little further away but heard it was a great spot. I can't recall the name of it, though.

• Forum MVP

There's another campground that people have stayed at besides the KOA. It's a little further away but heard it was a great spot. I can't recall the name of it, though.

Mama Gerts campground - beatiful spot! The Proprietors are not fans of noise which is why it doesn't get much run as a suitable alternate for camping.

Super 8 unless you want to camp quietly.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

That was a fun run. We were treated to some interesting news during the Montana part, as I recall. I also liked the show in Boise in '05. It was in a nice club and I think it was sandwiched between a show in Tacoma and on the UNR campus in Reno. There was some good dancing room at those (if you are into that kind of thing).

I'll see what I can do about a show for Papa in Ketchum and one at Cannery Row for Steinbeck. The "For Whom the Bell Tolls" or "Travels with Charley" tour.

Much like MC, I rented a house that sleeps 8. It makes a lot of sense and ends up costing the same as a a hotel room, maybe a tad bit more but the setup is kind and the company makes it even cooler. My first Black Mountain run and am looking forward to it very much!

....and Driggs was SICK!!

• Forum MVP

I would hit a mintana show with you Rick but you can't do tour unless it ends up in the sawtooths or something. DSO followed by time in the Bridge, or meander down to the Tetons, ride a snake. Kills toe lives with one stone!! GD, and the wonders of nature. Should just be living it, rather than planning a trip!!

• Forum MVP

ELEVEN days to Bear Mountain shows....Pisgah Brewery with the best beer on tap...Wonderful setting ...trees with stars among the leaves...fine friends...room to dance...and the best music in the country 

Come all you pretty women with your hair a-hanging down
Open up your windows, 'cause the Candyman's in town
Come on boys and gamble
Roll those laughing bones
Seven come eleven, boys, I'll take your money home

• Forum MVP

Hoping we get the hook up in the South ! Some kind of nice variety and special treats - fried just right with all the fresh fixings with sweet tea with biscuits and gravy and molasses like we like it down here. You know- a real dog that hunts.

• Forum MVP

Hoping we get the hook up in the South ! Some kind of nice variety and special treats - fried just right with all the fresh fixings with sweet tea with biscuits and gravy and molasses like we like it down here. You know- a real dog that hunts.

If we don't get it at the show, we can go down the street and get it, with a side of hoppin John and cornbread.

• Forum MVP

Any place with bumper stickers that say " I'm sticking with the Pig" has to be a- alright !!

I use to shuffle into the Piggly Wiggly grocery store barefoot from the beach. That was in the dark ages when it didn't matter at all. I can t imagine doing that now !! If that ain't old school, I don't know what is ! ......... The paper bags around back to school time would turn into DIY book covers.

• Forum MVP

One week until Bear Mountain shows....

Up on the Blue Ridge mountain, there I'll take my stand
Up on the Blue Ridge mountain, there I'll take my stand
A rifle on my shoulder, six-shooter in my hand
Lord, Lord, I've been all around this world

Archived