College football 2016

Rude

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Great Game, good showing by the ACC. Clemson was clearly the better team. I doubt many thought Alabama could lose being +2 on turnovers. Once Clemson started throwing the ball downfield their offense got rolling, Alabama couldn't do the same. Alabama's offense looks just like Ohio State's, only Bama had a better offensive line this year.

• Forum MVP

Amazing game but to say Clemson was clearly the best team I believe is inaccurate. Clemson averaged only 5yds a play. Bamas pathetic QB destroyed them. Bamas D did all they could being on the field 99 plays. Clemson had the ball 6 times in the 4th quarter. 6. That hurts kid will not be their starter next year is my prediction. Idiot herbstreit said the legend of Jalen hurts was born tonight at 1 point. I was thinking legend of worst QB performance ever in a ntl champ game?

• Forum MVP

Was it after he broke the 30 yard scamper. He looked good in that moment.

QB most important position. We both knew Hurts was a liability. Watson proved to be too much. The massive difference in QB play proved that Clemson was the better team.

• Forum MVP

Stat of the game. 17 bama drives. None more than 3 minutes. Then add in all those illegal picks Clemson ran for TDs and there's your game. They did make some INSANELY good catches on that last drive.

Clemson had the best offense with elite skill guys at every position. Bama had the best defense in 10 years. That part was really fun. The yucky part was the other side. Good, but surely not great D vs great line, RB and skilled positions lacking a QB. Very even game. It looked like bamas D would win another but just too much time on the field. 99-66 plays run.

Best game of the season though.

And I may agree, not because of this game, that ACC may have been the best top to bottom conference b/c they had a ton in the middle in the top 40.

• Forum MVP

I knew it wouldn't be long before we misunderstood a rub for a pick play. All teams run those plays. Place it on the grey area. Refs don't make those calls. Your boys were targeting all game. Intentionally throwing dirty hits on Watson. Watson simply outclassed them.

• Forum MVP

Clemson had 511 yds. of offense and scored 35 points, not sure you can call Bama's defense the best in 10 years. Bama has had better defenses in the last 10 years. It appeared that their depth was not that great and they wore down in the second half. Great defense with a lot of future pros, but not the best in 10 yrs. Clemson did the same thing to Ohio St., defense was on the field the whole game with no help from the offense. The difference was that Alabama's offensive line was able to create some holes for the running game and the Buckeye's could not. The defenses for both teams were gassed at the end of the game last night.

• Forum MVP

Clemson had 511 yds. of offense and scored 35 points, not sure you can call Bama's defense the best in 10 years. Bama has had better defenses in the last 10 years. It appeared that their depth was not that great and they wore down in the second half. Great defense with a lot of future pros, but not the best in 10 yrs. Clemson did the same thing to Ohio St., defense was on the field the whole game with no help from the offense. The difference was that Alabama's offensive line was able to create some holes for the running game and the Buckeye's could not. The defenses for both teams were gassed at the end of the game last night.

Clemson ran 99 plays. This is bamas best D maybe ever with the depth of elite 1st round talent. Bama had no drives over 3 minutes. Allowing 5 yards per play vs best offense in the country is awesome!!!! Until bama could do absolutely zero on offense their defense dominated. U can't defend 6x in a quarter vs number 1 wr and QB without a big play. Bama allowed 2.2 yards per rush and 7 yards per pass attempt. That's EXCELLENT.

• Forum MVP

And if you can do those picks, it's impossible to ever stop a TD. The 1st was blatant. The winner wasn't as blatant but still not a stoppable play. Clemson had 2 insane catches on the winning drive. That tight end catch was one of the best I've seen then Williams catches it after the defender knocks it out of his hands. Was just an amazing game. Bama up 10 I called a Clemson victory to my friends. I said bamas gonna give Clemson the ball at least 4x in 4th quarter. Who knew it would be 6 4th wuarter chances lol.

• Forum MVP

It was as even as a game could be. Clemson made that monster catch near the end and won with 1 sec. if they miss that catch are they less than bama? I don't think either team is really better. Was a brilliant game. I didn't fret at the outcome. Was exciting as hell.

• Forum MVP

Instant Classic.......as good a game as they come.....

Very happy for the Tigers!

Now if we can just find someone who can upend the Patriots......

My boys got very unlucky having to play the hottest team in the NFL this week.  But you aint winning a superbowl without beating some great teams.

• Forum MVP

Umm Clemson lowered a helmet on a bama receiver too. But those were irrelevant. Pick plays where passes were thrown beyond line of scrimmage were. But was super fun finish to the year.

• Forum MVP

I found Alabama's play to be way more dirty.  Lots of helmet leads.  Always putting that little extra shove or weight into legal tackles.  I'm not saying they were out to hurt Clemson but definitely out to intimidate them.  They thought their physical play would win them the game and eventually dishearten the offense.  Instead Watson showed why QB play means more than any other position.  Mike Williams showed why he is an high level NFL talent.  They punched back in the football sense.  They outplayed Alabama.  

• Forum MVP

I do agree that bama was much more post play aggressive. I've seen every bama game this year and they never hit ob, they pull up to not get personal fouls. Most those guys are soon NFL but that game they were piling on a little more. They mostly avoided that throughout the year b/c it leads to damage on your own body.

Btw Jalen Hurts was player of the year in SEC lol. That bama d line was player of year or u could pick 3 on that d that were bigger than that QB. Connor cook would have thrown 4k yards this year with that team. Next year I predict a long shot that a freshman QB will take the reigns. Bama goes with a real running QB. This somoan kid is pretty fantastic. He's only 6' but for college he could be a beast.

Archived