College football 2016

Rude

• Forum MVP

Yes it's almost time. And to kick it off here's a funny top 10 list. Dumbest fan bases across all sports.

THE Ohio state university comes in at number 3. I don't get all the references but guessing u OSU guys will. http://www.outkickthecoverage.com/the-ten-dumbest-fan-bases-in-america-3-the-ohio-state-buckeyes-100113

Before you go off on me, UK basketballs fan base is rated the number 2 dumbest on this same list

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Have to think that Clemson and Alabama are the favorites to return to the Championship game. I think LSU, Tennessee, Oklahoma and Florida St are all teams to watch, but the schedules are tough. So many teams with question marks this year, should be a lot clearer a few weeks in. There are a lot of great games early this year. Can't wait!

• Forum MVP

Have to think that Clemson and Alabama are the favorites to return to the Championship game. I think LSU, Tennessee, Oklahoma and Florida St are all teams to watch, but the schedules are tough. So many teams with question marks this year, should be a lot clearer a few weeks in. There are a lot of great games early this year. Can't wait!

Right on....this time the Tigers WIN !!

• Forum MVP

I look for the easiest road to the championship since the format is nonsense. Bama had the hardest schedule in history last year and I was shocked they made it. There's too much parity in the sec west. Clemson has 1 conference team and 2 SEC teams to beat. Clemson is my lock. They can even drop 1 to an sec team and make it. My sleeper is Tennessee. They have a harder schedule than other conferences but they avoid bama until champ game. They have to beat the best but anyone can win 1 game in crunch time. UT won't go undefeated having to play that schedule but unlike bama last year they get UK and vandy. Last year bama played the 10 hardest SEC teams and didn't play any of the 4 weakest. That's crazy. I still think Ohio state will be set to win their conference. MSU will suck. Only Michigan will present a challenge and they are a year or 2 away from taking it away from OSU.

• Forum MVP

I thought you were a Duke fan?

I am primarily a Duke, South Carolina, Redskins and Nats fan......those are the teams that have my heart.

I grew up in Columbia SC as a Gamecocks fan, but as I've gotten older I've let go of my conditioned disdain for Clemson. I really like this current Clemson football team, and would be thrilled to frankly see anybody but the usual suspects win the trophy (Bama, OSU etc).......so.......GO TIGERS !!

• Forum MVP

And Evebtually the SEC will not have a 1 loss team. It's like requiring the AFC to have a 13-3 team to qualify for the super bowl. Too much parity. Bama was best in football and barely squeaked into the playoffs. It's time that every makor conference gets 1 team in plus 1 from the rest and the top 2 get a bye. Comparing 2 conferences isn't fair to anyone and the time will come when someone gets screwed.

• Forum MVP

Clemson is now one of the usual suspects FYI and ate the favorites to win it all.

Let's put it another way for you then.......... I'd prefer to see a team win it all this year who has not won the trophy in 35 years or more.

• Forum MVP

Watch out for Notre Dame also, they only have 3 true road games. Hardest  game is either Stanford at home or at USC. Ohio St. has to play at Wisconsin this year and they always struggle in Madison, game is always at night and the cheeseheads will all be loud and drunk. Just once I'd like to play them at noon eastern when we go there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

App State had that game - Tennessee looks like they bought their own hype.  Poor kicking, poor execution on the Vols side of the field, and god-awful clock management and the end of the 4th doomed the Mountaineers. 

This weekend is wall-to-wall football with decent matchups.  I suspects the powers-that-be in college football are keenly aware that the NFL cranks up next weekend - might as well try and get your attention early.  The NFL still eats their lunch but I dig college football!

• Forum MVP

Ratings are dumb. Bama shouldn't be number 1. Clemson should be number 1. Bama lost their QB. Clemson's returns with more experience there. Bamas D again will be the best in the nation with key returners as well as a great O line but they won the championship last year with their QB. He was perfect his last 5 games throwing I think 0 int's in that stretch. It's hard to bet against Bama, but Clemson has an easier road to the playoff plus an offense to die for and elite SEC talent. Florida state is their true test even though auburn is loaded with talent as always and that could be a game of Clemson turns it over. How do you stop that kid. You would have never known Alabama had easily the best D in the country when those 2 teams played.

I think the game of the week will be Monday nights ole miss vs Florida st. Ole miss lost 3 1st rounders but Chad Kelly back at QB and he doesn't have treadwell to throw to but he's a solid QB. Floruda state lost jalen Ramsey(stupid Dallas should have drafted him. He will be pro bowl within 2 years), but their defense is top 5 loaded with star power. Should be fun.

Nonsense talk I've heard or read early in season.

1. Ole miss will contend for a national championship. Huh? In the 1st half of the season they play at Florida state, LSU, Arkansas and have home games vs Bama and Georgia. Then if they run that table lmao they have auburn, vandy, miss st, Memphis. No way in hell ole miss is a playoff contender with only 1 from the sec that can make it.

2. Tennessee is way overrated. They return 17 starters including their star RB and so so QB from last years top 10 team. They looked horrible. Lots of turnovers. They weren't ready. They sat on their laurels. They were content with a season like last year, maybe. We will see if this is a game or a trend. If it continues I call it pulling a USC. Ohio state pulled a USC last year. That's having talent off the charts and sucking. USC over the last 10 years is probably the 3rd best recruiting school behind Florida st and Bama. But they have sucked. I guarantee you Dabo asked his kids if they were happy being number 2 many times this offseason when practice and conditioning got tough. Tennessee finished the season so well they thought they had it by showing up. Everyone sucks in 1 game. Let's see what they do when they play real teams. No skating through their season. Too many pitfalls.

3. UK will make a bowl game. No need to even acknowledge this one. This is one of their harder schedules and there aren't enough cupcakes to get 6 wins. Bye bye stoops. Hiring a coach based on a last name doesn't seem a no brainer anymore. U.K. Actually recruited well over his tebure(average 30th class) but he can't develop talent and obviously can't develop QB's. Lots of 4 star QB's flopped.

Archived