Other one >

Stella blue >

Other one >

Easy wind

Johnny B Goode

Encore:

Ripple

Brokdown place

I'll bet that 2nd set did flow nicely, and glad to know it was a smoker! Interesting choice of songs for an elective, although I am always partial to those with at least one JGB number mixed in. Always love hearing Cucamonga, which Skip obviously loves playing, and that Eyes>Jam>Other One>Stella>Other One must have been one hell of a ride! I wonder if it had as big an audience as last year?

I was really impressed with this show.

It was certainly a hot night but by the 2nd set thing's were a little more comfortable.

The crowd was in great spirits. A lot of people for a Tuesday show but plenty of space for everyone to dance and not a bad seat in the house. Upstate NY always shows their support. This is my home town show so there were friends at every turn.

The 1st set was well played but for me it didn't start rocking until Cumberland, which got everyone dancing.

The 2nd set cooked from the start, with Eyes a clear high point. It absolutely blew me away.

With encodes I usually have my fingers crossed for Ripple or Brokedown Palace. We got BOTH!

I missed last year's show at Frontier Field but I can tell you that I won't miss another.

What a great time. What a great crowd. What a great place for a show. What a great band.

• Forum MVP

There is no name for that jam as far I know... Is just part of eyes of the world in 73/74... It obviously is not King Solomon's marbles, any one with half an ear would hear that.

• Forum MVP

can see why tapes threw that name on there as Stronger than Dirt is the name of the first part of King Solomon's Marbles, 

would say it is similar to how they jammed out Eyes, but not the same 

Slipknot did develop out of that Eyes jam, as premiered here https://archive.org/details/gd1974-06-20.sbd-set2.finney.211.shnf

• Forum MVP

I would like to add that during Pride of Cucamonga I could swear the band teased 2 or 3 songs during the mid song jam ... can anybody help me verify that because my mind was not right during the show .. but not right in a good way. .a real good way

supposedly a Truckin' tease in that Cucamonga, u recall?

• Forum MVP

can see why tapes threw that name on there as Stronger than Dirt is the name of the first part of King Solomon's Marbles, 

would say it is similar to how they jammed out Eyes, but not the same 

Slipknot did develop out of that Eyes jam, as premiered here https://archive.org/details/gd1974-06-20.sbd-set2.finney.211.shnf

There are a number of Slipknot! jams in '74, notably the one Torin linked above out of Eyes as well as one out of Dark Star at Universal Amphitheater on 7/27/74. Cool stuff!

• Forum MVP

Stronger than dirt is a mislabel too. Just listen to kings solomans from the album and it should be obvious that they aren't the same.

I've always just referred to it as the eyes meltdown jam. Not official

• Forum MVP

the night before 2.22, has the first glimpse of it in the Playin, but just a bit of the intro (check 4min15sec --> 5min 30sec) https://archive.org/details/gd1974-02-22.sbd.gans-latvala.samaritano.26763.shnf  ,same in the Other one 2.23, just the start of it, comes out of the Eyes later more as its own, little more developed slipknot ,which is why 6.20 is considered the first

It sounded like KSM jam to me at the time, could have been Stronger Than Dirt or something else. There were a few tapers present, does anyone have a recording? I would love to hear that second set again. I totally loved that show!

Archived