Update from the Road

Tom Banjo

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

You are only as good at driving as you are in the moment.

Looking at the road is vital.

Even the best driver could die in a moment from one wrong decision.

Treat driving as a meditation practice.

and thank you again, Mango, 

for being the best driver to back my auto down the long and twisted narrow driveway late at night in Black Mountain.

Peace and Love,

Doc

• Forum MVP

The best driver, by all accounts, was Neal Cassady. Probably not the safest however.

He may have had a few traumatized passengers but as far as I know he never had a driving accident and somehow everyone emerged safe and sound...well, maybe not sound, but safe. Well,,,maybe not exactly safe either, but still alive and kicking at least...!

• Forum MVP

Ah, the good ole 1950s.

In 1966, only 25% of people above 65 had teeth. Now, it is 75%.

My chemistry professor's father was a physician in the 1940s. It was the era before penicillin when people died from disseminated tooth abcesses, ones in the maxillary arch because your brain is literally inches away or mandibular because it traveled down the mediastinum. So the good doctor went for a smoke on the john, while reading the daily news. As he finished, he threw the cigarette butt into the toilet and POOF! he charred like a Burger King whopper his a** as flames leaped from the bowl.

Why? It was back in the day when they to put people to sleep with ether, and the nurse just threw the spent ether in the toilet to get rid of it.

(NO2 isn't good because people get REALLY out of control right before they go under, above 50/50)

So Rude, ya using ether next time you go in for surgery ???

• Forum MVP

So you just confused me.  You are saying that people did just fine without teeth in the good ole days.  Trump wants to take us to the simpler days when America was great!!!!  You didn't need teeth back then.  You werent called a racist back then.  Now you get called a racist for doing nothing more than saying racist stuff.  Everything is so PC now.  Cops get in trouble for shooting stranded black motorists.    Now we have to call many women, Doctor.  Women were called nurses back then.  Doctor Mrs. John Smith just seems weird to say. 

I guess I will be using ether for my "surgery" in chicago.  Make sure you have everything prepared when I arrive.  I read fear and loathing.  Seems pretty fun ;)

Archived