Olympics.....

acududeman

• Forum MVP

I generally enjoy watching the Olympics, and this year is no exception.

In short, the US is kicking butt. Phelps & Ledecky are keeping their end of the bargain.....unsurpassed.

And the ladies gymnastics team is downright fierce, perhaps the most dominant from top to bottom that I've ever seen.

Thoughts?

• Forum MVP

I like the races (swimming/track). The volleyball game between the US and Brazil the other night was pretty good. I was surprised the women's soccer team lost that early. The basketball is pretty boring.

• Forum MVP

It's best if we don't see that these athletes have faults just like regular people. Obviously Lochte has some issues. It's weird a guy who's as good looking, athletic, famous and rich as him would have those issues. If you look back at other comments he's made like he won't make the mistake of having a girlfriend again while at the Olympics, it starts to make sense. My armchair analysis is that he needs constant affirmation. He uses sex for that mostly. He thinks that he missed out b/c he had a girlfriend. The grass is always greener..... He also needed to embellish this story for attention. This mistake will cost him millions. His career took a nosedive. He's not going to get endorsements now. He's still sticking to the story when he needs to say he was wrong and took a story and twisted it because he thought it made a good story and didn't think of the consequences. His failure to repent will really doom him.

• Forum MVP

It's best if we don't see that these athletes have faults just like regular people. Obviously Lochte has some issues. It's weird a guy who's as good looking, athletic, famous and rich as him would have those issues. If you look back at other comments he's made like he won't make the mistake of having a girlfriend again while at the Olympics, it starts to make sense. My armchair analysis is that he needs constant affirmation. He uses sex for that mostly. He thinks that he missed out b/c he had a girlfriend. The grass is always greener..... He also needed to embellish this story for attention. This mistake will cost him millions. His career took a nosedive. He's not going to get endorsements now. He's still sticking to the story when he needs to say he was wrong and took a story and twisted it because he thought it made a good story and didn't think of the consequences. His failure to repent will really doom him.

I certainly did some stupid, and destructive, shit in my day.....usually fueled by alcohol. So I'm hardly one to judge these guys. Lochte, being an Olympic veteran and 32 years old, should have known better. But he's still hunting for his bottom, apparently.

I'm pretty sure that Phelps will be a useful support for Lochte, as he knows a thing or two about screwing up while drunk and yet came out the other side better for it.

Archived