Portland, Maine

sudds94

10/9/76 Promised Land, Mississippi Half Step, Cassidy, Tennessee Jed, Looks Like Rain, They Love Each Other, Minglewood Blues, Scarlet Begonias, Lazy Lightning-> Supplication, Sugaree Saint Stephen-> Not Fade Away-> Saint Stephen-> Help On The Way-> Slipknot!-> Drums-> Samson & Delilah-> Slipknot!-> Franklin's Tower-> One More Saturday Night, E: U.S. Blues

Filler Tore Up, Brokedown

Wow, monster of a show, extremely high temps and needed to pour water on ourselves to not suffer from heat exhaustion. Separate beer side and water side was wonderful for those of us who hate beer spilled on us. Great place, hope to have more shows in the future here. And hooray! No storms! Thanks DSO and crew for a great send off, enjoy your family time! Peace

the show was great. I think I only Sat out lazy lightning and Saturday night.dance the rest of the time.I had to depend on others for a ride there and back.it's time to put money into my car so it's roadworthy. band needs to play this venue again so much fun. Fucked up ride there and back.

Dang,,that is SUCH a beauty '76! How's the dancing vibe and venue way up there in Maine?

We found a lot of fun dancing folks. I bet if it wasn't 90 something degrees with 150% humidity, would've been a huge dance fest. Well worth the trip!

Yes, smaller roomier side was dry side. I honestly had no idea that the beer side was that much bigger til seeing the picture. I joked with Lance, one of the staff,to make the dry side bigger next time and I also noticed after everyone left, the beer side was disgusting, trash EVERYWHERE and dry side had maybe 3 bottles that weren't put into recycling. Too bad so many don't give a crap about keeping our earth clean. At least the bottle caps were taken so they wouldn't choke or hurt the wildlife, or trip us up while dancing.

Nice Pic!

Wait nobody told me the Love Boat was going to be there :)

That is one cool pic, but I'm not sure I like the whole segregated floor thing. While I agree with allowing underage folks in to shows (if that was the intention), wristbands tend to work for most venues, as long as the bar staff is strict. That being said, I sure wish I had made the trip North to one of my favorite states to see this show! Maine in general has a relaxed, friendly vibe, and Portland is an incredibly cool, small city that is really fun to hang out in. Alas, I had to work pretty early Monday morning here in Jersey, and could not bear the 6 hour drive back at night. Always dig '76 re-creations, and I just had a feeling DSO was going to close out their Summer tour with a '76 show. I bet they did it proud!

Like I said, many of us dancing NON drinkers appreciate a show that doesn't involve drunks spilling on us or bumping into us hard enough to cause injury, so I for one like the segregation, sorry, my opinion

• Forum MVP

The infamous "Day on the Green" Show. I'm sure it was all gravy but I'm intrigued about how the band navigated the Slipknot - that can be a toughie when you're in, out, and back in again.

Classic Show!

Brian, the ride back was just as bad, or worse??? It gets more frustrating than "Cheryl"?... that's hard to believe!!!! Those guys are a saving grace, so there is now way in my mind I could imagine the ride being that tough to endure.... people helping people :)

This weekend was quite the adventure, surfacing many emotions, ... on the bright side, smile is still not fading :)

Archived