Indian Ranch

Still Truckin

Clear sky and roasting temps when DSO took the stage at 2PM on 8/13.  Four songs in - Alabama - Greatest Story - Dire Wolf, Me & My Uncle I was pretty certain we were listening to 12/5/79.  Confirmed when they segued into Big River, but then dashed when instead of Cold Rain, So Many Roads booms out of the speakers.  An elective set list after all - with a great first set and a rain soaked second set marred by the band's early departure due to lightning storms arriving!

Sitting home now, still wondering what the rest of that second set looked like - Rob, help us out...

Set 1:

Alabama Getaway, Greatest Story Ever Told, Dire Wolf, Me & My Uncle > Big River, So Many Roads, Keep On Growing,

Mama Tried > Mexicali, Simple Twist of Fate, It's All Over Now, Bertha 

Set 2:

Estimated > Foolish Heart > Music Never Stopped > Terrapin> Saint of Circumstance > Drums > Hand Jive 

Glad to have made the trip, even with the weather-related issues and challenges.

Great place to see a DSO show, hope the band returns next year.

Will put in an early request for a re-creation next time as we Re-creationists never tire of DSO re-creations

and would argue that the re-creations best allow DSO to re-create Grateful Dead experience!

While dancing to foolish heart in the pouring rain something happened inside of me that will stay with me forever.... an experience I wouldn't dare even try to describe. Everyone has their own, and wow, I felt mine.... The band really brought the energy but I didn't think there were too many people there really into the dead.... But who am I to say? I'm still new and will be for a while... Let's all just appreciate good music :)

• Forum MVP

While dancing to foolish heart in the pouring rain something happened inside of me that will stay with me forever.... an experience I wouldn't dare even try to describe. Everyone has their own, and wow, I felt mine.... The band really brought the energy but I didn't think there were too many people there really into the dead.... But who am I to say? I'm still new and will be for a while... Let's all just appreciate good music :)

Welcome aboard, Amanda. That feeling occures occasionally for some and more often for others. 

Ripple in still water

When there is no pebble tossed

Nor wind to blow

Peace and Love,

Doc

Venue was very cool, had some fun dancers in the back, second set turned it up a notch with the storm brewing and noticed a lot more dancing with the rain and being cooler. Glad that Koritz told the audience not to cheer for thunder, Scott and I had said the same thing right before he mentioned it, where there's thunder, there's lightning and then the show stops. Glad DSO could play as long as they could, but def don't want anyone electrocuted!

Archived