penns peak narcstar

narcstar orchestra

Thanks narcstar orchestra for getting your patrons arrested.why would you play a place that has checkpoints outside of it.why dont you RECREATE what the GRATEFUL dead did about playing in Texas? Thanks for all 33 shows of 70s greatest hits too.i love how the donna girls job is just to scream and twirl around too.if I close my eyes its just LIKE I'm there.....

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

I'm guessing it was the crack that got you arrested, not the band. Get off that shit before it's too late. You will look back at all the blowjobs you gave to get free crack with regret as you age.

• Forum MVP

And only a rookie drives dirty post show. Seriously. I've seen cops looking for busts at most venues. After the jubilee wake up call where they got serious about profiling, I think most take what they need and leave the rest. If you have ever read these forums you would know that they roadblock that shit every show.

sounds like a personal past story with the blowjobs,and u even brought up that u regret it with age so u no doubt did it.hahaha.let me warn people of impending doom like CONCIOUS ALLIANCE should.and just think of all the REAL dead shows you could have saw if u wernt paying to see fakes

No Jerry Garcia died in 95.all members kept playing with there own projects.please anyone reading this DO NOT GO TO PENNS PEAK FOR A DEAD SHOW.even if u make it in they have burly security doods that will give u the option of keeping your drugs or giving them up to stay and watch the show??????? Great venue it just has that "warm" sound! SELL EVERYTHING AND MOVE AS FAR WEST AS U CAN!

• Forum MVP

I feel for you brother.  I've had friends get harassed by those same unethical and in my opinion illegal tactics used by the local authorities.  I've even known a few like you who's lives were changed or marked forever by a permanent record for some menial crime.  We've warned everyone we could on here about those tactics.  It is a real shame the way the local authorities have chosen to treat us.

Penns Peak has long been a favorite venue of Northeast starheads.  We've been seeing shows by DSO there for years (many here started before me) and the scene and atmosphere has always been topnotch.  Don't smoke in the venue (pretty simple and easy to follow).  Great lot scene.  Great place to hang with old friends and meet new ones.  Great view of their balcony.  Music inside has always been topnotch.  For those of us yearning for a place to belong, the pre-Thanksgiving show has become a fabric of our lives.  We used to go party there and have fun there without much attention from the local authorities.  That has changed.  One of the first times they set up a road block.  I had to park at the hotel and have a friend come pick me up.  It sucked.  

They have only intensified their efforts.  When I go to Penns Peak now, I need a sober driver and a clean smelling car.  I also prefer to head up to the parking lot early before they set up the road block.  It has detracted from the overall experience.  Still, despite the local police presence, I would still rather roll the dice and go see shows at Penn's Peak then lose the experience altogether.  I would bet many here are in that boat as well.  

The notion that DSO is in bed with the local authorities is absurd.  Maybe Penn's Peak management has a spoken agreement with the authorities but this is another tour stop for DSO.  I do not speak for them, but I am overly confident that DSO gets no benefit from setting you up.  I would bet that they sympathize with you although don't necessarily appreciate the way you chose to express your anger and disappointment.  You should redirect your energy towards the local authorities and local politicians.  Disrupt their activities and raise support against them.  I will gladly sign your petition.  

See you at the Peak.

Sounds like this guy is not having a good time at these deadish shows and needs to try to get us to stop seeing Dso so we can bring our energy to the other ones. Not gonna happen! Dso is the best dead music played by anyone today!!! Oh and Lisa is truly the Best!!!

With all seriousness, compassion and understanding N.O. deserves with all my heart and I've got a lot I say to you

FUCK OFF ASSHOLE

• Forum MVP

PG is always a breath of fresh air, and her attitude is what makes this community so nice to be around.

Sometimes beauty is hard to find when most everything in front of you is dark. Greatfullness is hard to understand when it seems most of the good things have been taking away. I too have hated penns peak. Hated it so much I made a ass out of myself with a innocent person.

Damn snow, canceled show, a trip up north just to be turned away again. Not that I was used to rejection, but it seemed to double up that day:(

But, I spent time with friends. Drinking good warm cider, and walking g the streets of jim Thorpe. You can always see the bright side if your so willing to see it. I get glimpses here and there, but compared to orange peel, penns is a place in heaven, and hide your drugs better!! Duh.......

6 shows in Virginia:)!!!! What y'all boys and girls think about that brightness and shine of light. There is a point that you wonder....am I missing DSO, or is DSO missing me.....I got 6 shows close to home, and one at home:)!!!

That's some happy stuff to find out and plan for.....easy planning, but I want you to know, security looks for drugs at these venues as well. So no need to come, I will take you dance space;)!! Greafully take your dance space, and I won't even complain about it!!!

• Forum MVP

And only a rookie drives dirty post show. Seriously. I've seen cops looking for busts at most venues. After the jubilee wake up call where they got serious about profiling, I think most take what they need and leave the rest. If you have ever read these forums you would know that they roadblock that shit every show.

Maybe it was just a dream, but didn't I see you in a car post show Philly with the driver sucking on a balloon? I think someone hit a mailbox at a roundabout?

• Forum MVP

I've been in a car post show dirty with several of you. Many of our friends have been lucky to get through that road block. It wasn't because they were a vet or kept a car clean. I get it this guy came in like a bull in the China shop. Maybe that's why such a harsh response from most of us. I choose kindness forgiveness compassion. It's all selfish really. They serve me better. The darkness never goes from some men's eyes.

• Forum MVP

Clearly, one attracts what is in their heart. If you are condemning then condemnation comes your way.

And really Doc hit the nail on the head. It is about freeing the heart and letting love in so it can shine out.

The real enemy is ego that rules with fear and separation.

• Forum MVP

I can't wholly agree with your statements.  I found nothing Doc said to have any bit of condemnation in it.  Some redirection maybe.  Some light into the darkness.  I do agree that if you plant ice you will harvest wind, but this wasn't a harvest.  If he's planting ice here, the seeds have just hit the ground.  We are no wheres close to harvest time.  I think for the most part we responding defensively.  I won't even say we were projecting whats in our hearts as forgetting what is truly in our heart.  We've never taken kindly to perceived trolls.  We've even been harsh on those that turn out not to be trolls.  We are also overly protective and defensive of our beloved DSO.  This poster is or most likely is a troll.  I doubt we see them around here much and if they don't change their style, I know Ron will put an end to it.  I very much believe we were put in a place to make a choice.  We didn't have to respond with condemnation.  We could've not responded at all.  I was really surprised to see all the responses, but figured we could use the troll to open up a dialogue since the days between are so quiet here.  I even had some of that defensive urge inside of me. I was not pleased that my thread became one of the trolls homes. Defensive urges are urges from the ego.  Many here responded with ego driven responses towards the troll.  I never seek to separate myself from the ego.  I am one person.  All aspects of me make that person up so even my responses can be seen as ego driven.  However, I find one attracts what in their heart to be a crock of bull shit.  Did Jesus attract Judas.  Did MLK have racism and violence in his heart?  Did mother Teresa carry homelessness, poverty, and hunger in her heart.  Jesus chose to forgive.  Wasn't Judas attracting something else?  To presuppose to know what is in one's heart is ego driven in it of its self.  The only thing we could control here was our own response.  I find many here responded poorly.  Does their poor response and their condemnation mean they are destined to experience the same thing soon in their own lives.  I hope not.  I'm not a believer in an eye for an eye.  I'm more of a do unto others kind of guy.  I'm certainly not looking for a world full of blind people absence of love.  If every time you encounter hate, evil, or negativity, you respond the same, we won't have much of love, light, or positivity left.  

• Forum MVP

I believe getting arrested at a check point or via some other grey area search and seizure can be traumatizing.  It certainly can diminish one's trust in humanity and make it more difficult to see the light.  He may have been a troll, but in some small way the venting and that is what this is may just help him some.  I certainly think it would have helped if they saw many here relate to him and express understanding.  I know that became hard when he tried to say no go to the show, but we all know were going to the show.  His or her words carry no weight here when it comes to that.  

Would you tell a rape victim that went on a tirade about hip hop music and the objectification of women in society.  Would you tell them that they had it coming cause they wore a short skirt and tight a blouse.  Would you say that they were harvesting whats in their heart?  Would you have no sympathy for them?  

Archived