penns peak narcstar

narcstar orchestra

• Forum MVP

I think he is expressing frustration, anger, confusion, and a whole host of other emotions.  I have no way to presuppose what is in his heart having never met them or spent time with them and without fully understanding their personal situation.  I can relate.  I've been in his shoes.  Stickers and 69 in a 70.  Trust me trying to pin down my response to any one emotion would be very difficult, but at heart disappointment, sadness, mistrust probably more prevalent than the anger and frustration I was expressing.  Hell eventually these stories just take on a comical tone to me when I tell them.  I know this shit isn't funny, but I'd rather laugh it off.  At heart, humor isn't driving what I feel about what happened.  It isn't at the heart of it.

I was just asking you to clarify on Doc.  I do think he was expressing the hippie spirit, but sometimes I miss posts.  

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Okay I accept that as one of the emotions. Very on the surface emotion. Not reflective of the heart.

Funny talking with many people on these boards and on tour. Deadhead defends their opinions til the end. Very rarely will you hear one say that they were wrong. I guess those I've talked with have that in common with the troll. So full of ego.

• Advisory Board

I loved Doc's musical posts. Without writing a single word he placed a dimension of soothing calm on a thread that had volatility ready to spew forward.

I appreciate greatly when I get shown the light in those unexpected places. Sometimes it's what you say, sometimes what you don't say, and sometimes just the way you say it.

I felt what Doc was trying to do. I got it. And it was just right.

Dr. B.

• Forum MVP

Trying to blame DSO for your drug bust is just retarded.  The fact is if you didnt have drugs, you wouldnt have been arrrested.  Dont blame them for the drug laws in the country.  Blame yourself for driving dirty to a venue.  Im not condemning anyone for that by the way, but take responsibilities for your own actions.  If the band said hey police there is a guy with a joint in the front row, then I could see animosity, but the band did nothing.  Everywhere the dead played had 50+ arrests in the 90's.  If you told them to go somewhere where cops didnt bother people, they would have no place to go.  Leave it at the hotel.  Roll you a show doob.  If you cant hide 1 joint from the cops then you need more help than we can offer here.

Such kind and thoughtful responses from some of you.

The whole Dso getting people busted is ridiculous and equally ridiculous but much more offensive is this trolls take on Lisa's singing.

I would hope that if anybody spoke of me in the kind of gereral disrespect for Dso and Direct disrespect of Lisa that N.O. spoke, my friends would give them a healthy in your face "fuck off asshole". I know it dosent look pretty, it's not all love and bliss but it would be genuine I hope!

I tend not to trust disingenuous people or people pleasers - it's actually a cleverly deceptive way of manipulating people to perceive you as you want them to. Give it real or not at all!

Now I'm sure some will say N.O.has given it real, well what's real for him anyway. Why does he come here and express it if he doesn't like it? I say don't come here, don't be a part of it. Woyld I go to a faith-based religious organization and preach atheism? No, I have respect for what they believe. (btw, i believe in god it's just not based in religion)

Narkstar's purpose for posting is to incite, to cause displeasure, it is malicious! I say this with all sincerity - fuck off asshole!

I will not waste much time trying to help strangers that don't ask for it. There are many people that ask for it. Anyone that knows me knows, I will gladly do all I can, I will give all I have to give.

• Forum MVP

If face to face, I might tell him to fuck off. On line I see no point on such vitriol. I don't see the fuck you as standing up for dso or lisa. Just an expression for oneself. I think trolls should be ignored. I will go back to that general practiice. Let the fuck yous reign supreme.

And I wasn't advocating for you or anyone really to help this guy. No words would suffice. Ain't no time to hate.

• Forum MVP

It goes with tides Mason....I have noticed. But what I think is cool, when a troll does come on here, even some people who are just overly excited about finding musical quality produced by dso for the first time, the board gets busy dissecting, communicating, and protecting this larger family!!

A troll says stupid shit, it happens, but you all rally together and it gets y'all talking.

I compliment this community for its immune response quickly weeding out the thorns!! We all might not get along, and we....I mean this community, but I think many here have giving up so much, and have so much invested in friendships, lovers, and love of the music, that y'all react quickly to ignorance, or even the threat of it!!

To me that is transcending bondship, because many of us would not spend anytime with each other in our daily lives, but the music brings us together, and is a stronger glue than any individual love. Collective love,. Wow, and you all have it!! I am attracted to it, and many know, I worked to be a part of it. Nothing worth having is easy!!!

• Forum MVP

It's a bit funny that some flame brought so many to the table to say their peace.

I have precious little time to post much anymore but it's nice to see others jump on here when it moves them.

I hope to see many of you later this Fall in VA + DC!

• Forum MVP

I think trolls and homeless have a lot in common.  They all need want something.  They all are very confused about how to get there.  They may have some mental issues especially homeless.

I treat them most the same.  I sometimes read their signs.  I rarely but sometime offer some help.  I mostly ignore them with a passing smile at best.  However, I rarely decide to stop my car, kick dirt, and tell them their worthless human beings and to fuck off.  Maybe I should start? 

• Advisory Board

Just don't be texting while you consider stopping in your car. But if you do stop to kick a little dirt, then certainly take that moment to read and respond to your texts.

That could make it all worth while.

Dr. B

I think trolls and homeless have a lot in common. They all need want something. They all are very confused about how to get there. They may have some mental issues especially homeless.

I treat them most the same. I sometimes read their signs. I rarely but sometime offer some help. I mostly ignore them with a passing smile at best. However, I rarely decide to stop my car, kick dirt, and tell them their worthless human beings and to fuck off. Maybe I should start?

Archived