penns peak narcstar

narcstar orchestra

I may only have $20 - $30 at times to my name and will spend 8-10 dollars to feed someone less fortunate, and I'll listen to a story... This has happened oddley enough at shows Albany a few times, portland and other times. When not seeing shows it is quite ofte. Now if homeless as I am passing by says something derogatory I just might say fuck off as whole.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

For some reason I went through the almost 3 pages of this thread...

Summarizing:

Dr. B analysis is correct. The only worthwhile parts are Doc's vids.

Let me offer one comment to that end before I go back under the radar: can we all agree that Michelle Phillips embodied evertything that was good and true about gorgeous and talented '60s hippie chicks?

• Advisory Board

Thank goodness that the good ol' USA provides free services of every sort for everyone who truly needs it (and much much more for the lazy, the deadbeat and the scammers).

Where else can someone get free healthcare, free food, free housing etc? The homeless who choose to live on the street or do without food and basic healthcare are either making very bad choices or much more likely mentally ill and not able to take advantage of the extreme social safety net that is part of American society today.

The safety net that a civilized society must have for the less fortunate shouldn't be a cozy hammock. Poverty needs to hurt enough to be motivating enough to get out of it. The social safety hammock should never be sweet enough to become a way of life. It also has an exponential effect as it gets passed down generationally. It's the gift that keeps on taking.

Dr. B

PS- those people at the intersections with the cardboard signs, fake limp, scraggly hair and ample dirty appearance who claim to be war vets are all scamming. Hang out for 5 minutes and watch the limp vanish as they hustle off to the side to count their cash and have a smoke.

Most homeless in nj are subjects of substance abuse and no other major mental illness. If all drugs were legalised it would open the prisons to house the addicted and crime would be reduced with government subsidized coke heroin etc. There would be enough surplus money to supply healthcare and if they ever got tired of the life they're living there would be enough $ for rehabilitation

• Forum MVP

jbareham_160818_1191_0046.0.jpg

To be fair, some of us are less flattering than others when we 'necked'  

The political system is rigged and fatally flawed, I get it.  I'm not sure giving the launch codes to a raving lunatic and profound narcissist is the answer though.  Hillrod is a brutal and professional politician and is not much higher on the totem pole.  What city will her naked statue most likely appear in? 

• Forum MVP

I am homeless, crazy perhaps, abusive, only to myself, as self medication is how I made it through the very tough and chaotic life and family I was born into. Constantly kicked out of school, yea.....you try staying still for six hours in my body!! But it was my fault, as I did not have enough self discipline for a 10 year old who had more energy than the entire school.

I don't ask for handouts. I usually refuse free, and have given more than I have received. There has been intense kindness from many of you on my journey with DSO, and I am very thankful and grateful; however, I don't give to homeless.

I pay taxes. I don't give to charity, I pay taxes. I never stopped working nor would I want to but the day the government decided to take my money and give it to others, my days of charity ceases to exist.

That being said, I will still go out of my way to help others who at the very least, help themselves!!!

Homeless.....but I am odd...because I do have homes, I just don't live in them, nor am I aloud to live in the one I want.

Get back to work to help pay for others to have babies they can't afford:)!!!

• Forum MVP

.  I'm not sure giving the launch codes to a raving lunatic and profound narcissist is the answer though.

Apparently these statues appeared in several citys he other day.  I wonder what group paid for this satire.   

I also wonder if in 1933 when Hitler and the Nazi party was voted into power....was it as obvious that Hitler was a madman ?   Did the German people have as much information about Hitler as we now have about der Trump ?

Peace and Love,

Doc

• Forum MVP

Only 15 percent of the German people associated with the nazi party. They stole power, but did it in chaotic times of hunger hyper inflation and a treaty that was meant to punish and appease the poor saps still crying about the Franco Prussian loss.

Hitler was good for the German people. Belive that or not...but out of horriable outcomes came the Marshall plan. A reunited Europe in the face of that horriable empire. If only we could talk history on forums....I would never shut up.

Trump... Hillary...who? How about Johnson? I will vote my conscience. The other two are as more capable as myself.to run the white House.

I love the pics of the artist who gets thousands of nekid people together. He does some cool things....forgot his name.

Don't worry...this manic sta to shall pass;)!!

Just have to say I have enjoyed being a spectator on this thread, choosing not to engage.. It has taken many turns and gained my interest quite a few times... Thanks for entertainment and insight.

Interest lost at the mention of trump!

Be well and keep the peace loves :)!

• Forum MVP

How do you get rid of those who make it run ?

Notice how Trump is changing his rhetoric since hiring his new campaign manager.

Trump, I do not think has the intellectual curiosity presidents should have. Neither did Bush. It will take a smart person to fix all of the mistake of the past four administrations!!!

Teacher Matt....Ohio won't carry Trump. Kasick hates him, and sadly enough, I think your governor was the best choice. A Republican governor that worked with your democratic house, and got a lot of good work done for your State.

He would of crushed that little lying hippocrite Hilary.

It would of been nice to keep this country a republic, and allow states rights to flourish, and the grand experiment to be strengthened by the intent of the founders. Centralized federal powers will be this countries down fall.

Asses and elephants...what a joke, both shit on individual rights, while the uneducated, and lackadaisical populous just lets it happen.

Democracy only works with a informed electorate, and considering the two front runners, it's obvious most of our brethren are absolute morons.

We like Trump...why? Because most of us are tired of soothsayers, snakes with two tounges!! Political correctness...bull shit. Offend people with your thoughts, bring back smear the queer, and allow my kids to say sitting Indian style......not cris cross apple sauce.

A country can not be run by appeaseasing the non doers while persecuting the success of others.

Otherwise, I think Obama care should pay for my dso shows....or just tour!! Why not? Am I not entitled to it, to having fun? Trade tickets for food stamps!!!

American dream is not lost, anyone can make it, you just got to shut the fuck up and work towards it!!

Work...what...huh...why I got to do that? Everyone should make at least 15.00 a hour. Just like ever kids should get a A on every test!!!

Thankfully we have state boarders, militias, and armed citizenry! There was and is a reason. Why the first two bill of rights were the first two. Let me speak my peace, and any time the government wants to stop me from doing so, I pull out my gun, and blow that body politic away:)!!!

Another example of how many of us would not get along in our personal lives, but thankfully we have music that transcends the conflicts and the failures of the human condition.

A escape to a world where hugs and forgiveness is the norm, unless you are a talker:)!!!!

I expect no one to read this, but I had time to kill this morning and I do miss political debate. I realize Truth will never exist, but we get closer to it the more we talk about it!!

At shows however, it does not matter what you wear, just as long as you are there....I would say every guy guy grab a girl, but that's sexual harassment and its very presumptuous, as some girls would prefer to grab a girl while some men would rather grab a man. Goes ask Alice, I think she'll know,when logic and proportion........

Stick with constitutionalist, or the libertarian party.

And for god sakes, bring back the CC Camps, with out the fucking lawyers..Sept for Chuck!!!!

• Advisory Board

I read. I liked. I mostly agreed.

Not only a happy Praying Mantis Grateful dancer with laughing in your eyes and dancing in your feet, but an articulate and educated historian as well.

You made me refresh myself on both the Marshall Plan and the Civilian Conservation Corps. Thank you for that and for being honest about what some would consider politically incorrect opinions. Many more around here probably share some version of what you are thinking than might be apparent. Many choose to stay on the sidelines in these debates.

Modern slavery in our country is the perpetration of a permanent and ever expanding underclass by the institutionalization and ever increasing entitlements that remove incentive and create government dependence.

No one should starve in America or go without needed healthcare. There are ways to achieve both while retaining individual responsibility, dignity and motivation to overcome. Government has a tremendous role to play and even more a role not to play.

If you are receiving a government dime and are not; a senior citizen, honestly disabled, military veteran, or temporarily down and out then I just don't have that much sympathy. Safety net yes. Comfy hammock no.

Poverty must hurt with consequences that are enough to make someone strive to get out of it. The consequences shouldn't be starvation or living in the street or not having health care. We are a better society than that. But government shouldn't be mommy and daddy rewarding poor choices and literally making a whole and growing segment of society slaves to the machine that needs those slaves to continue their rule.

Whatever,

I'm just thankful for DSO and all of you.

Dr. B

• Forum MVP

Ah, another election year. I must admit that I am looking forward to the debates, should be entertaining. If Johnson and Stein can get into the debates, they may steal a lot of votes from the other two. I'm leaning Johnson right now, but need to hear more from him. SNL should have a banner fall.

• Forum MVP

Trump 2016 !! ... down with Hillary and the Washington DC establishment... let's try a non-politican in the White House...

He's a politician too. No ones a politician until they run for office. Trumps main campaign people are Roger Ailes and the Breitbart guy--the 2 biggest fear mongers out there. If you watch Fox enough you will be convinced our country is a war zone. We are not in decline. We are doing quite well during this worldwide recession. There are things to fix no doubt but trump doesn't offer solutions, only promises he will break. He's already backtracking on the wall. Anyone with a brain knew that wasn't going to get built. Even the gov of Texas said its not gonna happen and he's a trump guy. You can't win anymore on the fear of nonwhites nationally. That rhetoric works well in the Deep South but not nationally.

• Forum MVP

he has never held an elected office .nor has he served in any capacity for an elected person.. he is not a politician....

your post is not going to change my mind ... I simply will say your post is bullshit and you are wrong ...

you may vote for Hillary ... congrats on that ..but why don't you stop bashing Trump and instead how about telling why his opponent is so well suited for the office ... I am mature and will not bash Hillary other than say she stole her wardrobe from Chairman Mao Zedong. .hehe.. this guy is voting for Trump

• Forum MVP

Trump supporter logic:

Hillary is a liar because 4 years ago she said a video incited an attack on an embassy. Trump makes up a statistic like when he said 82% of murders of white people are committed by blacks, and it's just trump being Trump.

Hillary made 15 million giving speeches to banks. She's horrible. Trump won't release his returns and bilked billions from investors and outsources his production to China.

Hillary and Bill are in charge of a foundation that has given millions and millions to help the poor and OMG she got money from Saudi Arabia. Trump won't reveal his donations because he doesn't give to charity.

Hillary was cheated on and didn't leave her husband and enabled his behavior. Trump admits to adultery and said his personal Vietnam was avoiding STD's from all the women he slept with. The evangelicals continue to praise trump.

Hillary is blamed for Benghazi while the republicans and chaffetz admitted that they cut security in Lybia to save money.

There's a reason trump said "I love the poorly educated". It's also the reason he's winning big among people with no college degree and in the states with the worst education. He is right about 1 thing. His followers would keep supporting him even if he shot someone on 5th avenue......at least as long as they were black or Latino or Muslim.

Archived