penns peak narcstar

narcstar orchestra

• Forum MVP

There will always be a bottom 15% and a top 15%, the key is for there to an incentive to get out of the bottom 15%. Incentives and opportunities. I work closely with the construction industry and I can tell you that at least in my area there is a shortage of workers in numerous trades. There are good paying jobs in electrical, plumbing, HVAC, carpentry, painting, flooring etc. College isn't for everyone, but there area lot of $20-$30 an hour jobs that aren't going to be shipped overseas. A year or two in a trade school and apprenticeship is all it would take for those who really want to work and break the cycle.

This is not necessarily true.  I have many friends who are pipe fitters.  They barely get 1k hours a year of work.  They are constantly laid off.  If 5 million people go get a trade there will not be 5 million more good jobs.  Yes you can work to not become a botton 15%er but all you do is push someone else to that level.  Its not about the top 15% anyway.  Its the top .1% or more accurately the top .01%.  These are the people who buy a company just to lay off workers to sell off pieces of the company so that they can make billions that will not be ever used to contribute to our economy.  These people created a market where there goods sell less because they killed worker salaries that helped buy their goods.  There is a massive increase in Fast food and min wage corporate retail.  They have destroyed small businesses and replaced them with bad jobs.  I can give you examples of many people who raised kids and sent them to college and their business eventually went under by a big box store or a big chain.  My grandmothers greenhouse was replaced by walmart garden center and kids making 7 an hour.  A friends mom owned a eyeware store and that was run out some chain.  Another friend's father owned a pharmacy.  Walmarts and walgreens and CVS destroyed most small pharmacies.  The only people profiting from this are the investor class.  People who look at money as a game and they will do whatever they can to make more and more at ANY cost.  In Illinois there is a hedge fund manager who made 1.3billion in 1 year who invested 10mil with the new governor to get road workers salaries reduced from 50k to 40k a year because he thinks they make too much money.  These people are the enemy.  These people control politics.  These people will cause our economic downfall.  They dont care that they will end up destroying their customer base as long as they can build up a massive fortune before that time.  Now we have an entire political party who's only true platform is to reduce those people's taxes.  They will put us in massive debt just to line their pockets so that they donate more and throw them money when they leave office.  Hillary is as corrupt as any other politician and maybe more so, but at least shes not advocating to eliminate or slash the taxes of the already ridiculously wealthy who wont use 1 penny of that new found money to contribute at all to society.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

You don't need to vote for the winner. Bernie was your guy. I think he is phony too but he may actually care. I won't write him off. But I'm skeptical. You could write him in. Even in a losing effort a vote for bernie and vote for your conscience is still having a voice and being heard.

• Forum MVP

But Hillary is not proposing dropping the tax rate on the people who dont need it dropped as trump is and trump is planning to increase our military spending at the same time.  We are just recovering from Bush's tax less as we spend more policies.  The last thing we need is to face trillion dollar deficits again.

• Forum MVP

Michael Doc Watson wins the internet for the love songs link.

As for the original subject, it's pretty clear that the underlying beef is as old as DSO and can be summarily ignored, but the bust is a bad beat and a little sympathy for it would not be misplaced.

Archived