Pro Football survivor pool

bs69

• Forum MVP

It's that time of year again. Let me know if anyone has a good idea for a prize, show tickets have proven difficult to coordinate. I will say that if anyone can make it through the entire season unscathed, I'll buy them a jubilee ticket. Here are the games for week 1

Panthers @ Broncos

Buccaneers @ Falcons

Vikings @ Titans

Browns @ Eagles

Bengals @ Jets

Raiders @ Saints

Chargers @ Chiefs

Bills @ Ravens

Bears @ Texans

Packers @ Jaguars

Dolphins @ Seahawks

Giants @ Cowboys

Lions @ Colts

Patriots @ Cardinals

Steelers @ Redskins

Rams @ 49er's

I will take the Seahawks

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Tough game for the Panthers. They had a great game plan but Denver did a good job forcing them into obvious passing downs in the 2nd half.

Cam sure did take some punishment and maybe didn't get a couple roughing the passer calls other QB's may have. But when your 250 and run like he does it's not gonna look quite as bad as a QB 50lbs lighter taking the same shot. Not the reason they lost per se but it still had an impact on the game.

I think Denver may have found their QB. While Semien didn't post gaudy numbers, he looked pretty damn poised and made some very difficult throws look pretty easy.

Not a bad way to start the NFL season despite the result for my Panthers.

• Forum MVP

I don't like the home matchups very much - not very much sizzle although it is OFFICIALLY football season :cheers:

1) Chiefs

Down 17 heading to the fourth. Sand Diego grips defeat from the jaws of victory against KC and T stays alive.

• Forum MVP

I remember we had one of these go like 8 games or more. People were running out of favorites to pick. Now picking any game is a crapshoot. Note I took the Cowboys and not some 12 point fav so I take the blame here.

Week 1 was pretty wild. The two major picks were Seattle and KC and they both pulled a win out from there ass. Week 2 doesn't look any easier.

As a giants fan I'm happy we didn't blow it again in the closing seconds and we stopped another opening day loss to the boys. With Cruz back, beckham and Shepard the offense looks high powered and if Jennings contributes solidly. we played well but the first half was insanely lopsided with Possesions time and first downs and by the last few minutes of the game we both had 283 combined yard.s I'll say this tho, we got lucky....if they had a timeout or if they get outta bounds and gave Bailey a shot for a 60+ yard try that dude has the leg for it. His 56 yarder was probably good for another 5 yards. Romos job security is def in major jeopardy if dak keeps playing that way and getting better.

• Forum MVP

Dak did as good as a rookie can do having to throw 45 passes.  If that heralded Cowboys line cant open up holes to run, then they are doomed.  Right after Dallas had 2 15 play drives but allowed that bomb by manning I started screaming at Jerry Jones as to why he didnt draft that superstar to be Jalen Ramsey at corner.  We didnt need running backs. We had a ton.  We have no secondary.  Jones loves offensive teams.  Hes never cared about defense and its why its been 20 years of crap years.  Dak did as well as he did because of protection.  Hes always been calm in the pocket and took a team with the talent of Kentucky to the top of the SEC west.  I thought he was a great pickup.  Hes lacking in size at 6'2" or hed be a 1st rounder.  Defense isnt flashy though but it wins games.  Jones just cant seem to get that.  Do I just accept this is the way it is and concede that I will never have a consistent winning pro team with Jones running things?  Yes the Giants are a solid defensive team and the cowboys looked better on D but weve lost the culture of winning.  A team that wins gets the F out of bounds.  Pro teams have drills where the receivers throw the  ball out of bounds backwards to stop the clock.  Backwards latteral that thing if you are gonna get tackled.  The kicker has a monster leg.  Im convinced if that pass was incomplete, the cowboys would have attempted a 70 yarder as time expired.  And hed have had a shot too.

• Forum MVP

Looks like we lost a couple in week 1. Here is the slate for week 2:

Jets @ Bills

49er's @ Panthers

Cowboys @ Redskins

Bengals @ Steelers

Saints @ Giants

Dolphins @ Patriots

Chiefs @ Texans

Titans @ Lions

Ravens @ Browns

Seahawks @ Rams