Pro Football

bs69

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Unbelievable. Falcons choked. In field goal range, just need to run a couple times to burn clock or timeouts and they get sacked and then a holding penalty. Would have been over with a field goal there. Have to give it to the Pats, no panic just keep playing hard. That catch was ridiculous, should have been a pick. I think one of the reasons the Pats are so hated is that they are boring, all short passes on crosses and rub routes. Boring but obviously effective.

• Forum MVP
50 minutes ago, bs69 said:

Unbelievable. Falcons choked. In field goal range, just need to run a couple times to burn clock or timeouts and they get sacked and then a holding penalty. Would have been over with a field goal there. 

Damn -  even a single first down maybe 2 seals the deal.

Outside of player execution, there were more than a few coaching mistakes with play-calling and time-management.  That choke was truly a team effort!  It gives Brady and Bellichek GOAT status.

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, acududeman said:

I must say that I thought Lady Gaga put on a really good half-time show!

She looked pretty confident during that high-wire act.  

She beat all those damn re-treads they wheeled out over the last few years.

it was getting late and the kids were circling the drain.  I was THIS close to turning it off near the end of Q3 - boy I'm glad we stuck it out!  Still processing what I saw really.... 

12 hours ago, cm_hayden said:

I still see this as the last hurray for this current Pat team. Even, if Brady doesn't retire and Gron comes back.

Curious for your thoughts on last hurrah.  Possibility of Gronk won't be 100%?? (its possible)  Hightower, Amandola, Bennett are free agents...but I would believe they will sign at least one of them.  Floyd and Martin were good pick-ups this year. Edelman is staying  Team will have a draft pick.  Will the Dolphins be the only competition in division?...maybe.  If true, then at least a playoff spot for Pat's.  TB turning 40 and starting to degrade?  Maybe and it will eventually happen.  Matt Patricia (defensive coach) interviewing with Rams and Chargers  - Yuge loss for Pat's if he goes.  Josh McDaniels (defensive coach) interviewed but did not take job....so the coaching staff should be almost in-tact.

What is the meaning of "last hurrah"?    Do you mean Superbowl hurrah?  It's awfully difficult for any team to win the Superbowl - so that is a real unknown and the best possibility for last hurrah.  The Cowboys will be real tough next year.

If "last hurrah" includes conference and division, then that is hard for me to see - Jets are in building mode (I'm actually cheering for them but believe 2 years for them), new head coach for Buffalo, Steelers aren't getting any younger.   I am NOT being an obnoxious N.E./Boston fan.   I'm trying to think analytically toward the statement.   Giants have a great receiving team but a difficult division with the Cowboys, Eagles, Redskins on the rise - not an easy division.  Colts, Texans, Ravens - a lot can change for any one team.

Okay, that's my brain dump.   Not meant to be obnoxious or piss anyone off (not my style).

• Forum MVP

Quick and easy: This will be an old team next season ( QB 40 yrs. old, DE 36 yrs, WR 34 yrs. DB 34 yrs). As far as Gron it'll be in the wind, Brady benefited from 4 games off maybe a year off help healed his body or could be the down turn in his career.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived