Pro Football

bs69

• Forum MVP

I figured we better get another thread started for general conversation so that we don't clutter up the Survivor pool. Here are my picks for this year:

NFC

East: Giants

North: Packers

South: Panthers

West: Cardinals

Wild cards: Buccaneers, Seahawks

AFC

East: Patriots

North: Bengals

South: Texans

West: Broncos

Wild cards: Steelers, Raiders

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Dak had a solid game to bring the boys through. Lots of big pass conversions on that game winning drive. 2nd and 14 and 3rd and 11 both converted. 0 int through 2 games. Cowboys rushed the ball more thankfully. It's too early to know if Elliott will be a star but regardless unless you are a Barry sanders, 3rd is too high for a RB when you had 4 on your team already. The boys better figure out how to get more than 90 yds a game on the ground and fast. Dak ain't Rogers. His effectiveness will depend on the Rush game.

The NFC east is a gritty division, I watched the Dallas v skins game only ombré redzone but it looked like a good game. Dak looked solid again 22-30 for 292. Philly has a tough road game tonight.

Gmen pulled out a win from a ugly game. But like I said earlier, the 3 WR are gonna carry us. Shepard had a awesome day to contribute to ODB and Cruz. The saints had many chances to counter on giants turnovers but didn't. When Eli is on point throwing 32-41 for 368 and no INT and the run game is established early..giants will be hard to beat, but the NFC east is gonna be a tough one for sure

• Forum MVP

Giants have the tiebreaker on the boys at this point. They played tough D and deserved that game 1, but 1 player not being on the same page doomed the boys. If that pass was just incomplete, Dallas attempts a 70yd FG with an actual shot of hitting it.

On another note, Dak Prescott now holds the rookie QB mark of most passes 1st 2 games without an interception. Yes it's one of those ridiculous Super Bowl type stats like the 1st team to kick field goals in 2 straight quarters with less than 40 secs left in the quarter or whatever but this kid played with poise his entire college career even against evil defenses and never cracked. Bama never phased him. Hes as poised in the pocket as any rookie I've seen. Pressure doesn't bother him. He has a great internal clock. He doesn't rush passes just because a blitz is on. Only if the blitz is going to get to him does he show haste. If he was 6'5" he's a top 3 pick. But again being 6'2" with pro scouts means you won't be able to succeed. Doesn't matter how many drew brees' dominate, shorter QBs will always have to earn their spots and 6'6" qbs with less talent will be drafted 1st round.

• Forum MVP

Carson Wentz better.

He looked great last night.  It is against the Bears, but he looked solid.

But....Dak was not the number 1 QB most of training camp.  He's had limited practice snaps.  He had a month or so where he was the backup running limited plays in practice even if he was the starter in the preseason games.  Cant wait until they battle each other.  Cowboys D much improved(how can it not be though).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Dak Prescott has the rokue record and counting of 113 passes without an interception. The cowboys are already talking tgar romo is planning to start week 8. If Dallas is 6-1(unlikely) after week 7, starting romo would be boneheaded considering the receivers have all adapted to prescotts theowing and scrambling style. I've always been s believer in if it ain't broke, don't change it and the boys have looked pretty good so far this year. If not for a boneheaded receiver play they could be 4-0.

Giants make me sick. Secondary is depleted, running backs are toast,beckham is a spoiled brat, there's no leader on the team, no short yardage plays whatsoever, Eli hasn't run the ball in 6+ years and on top of it we have Green Bay coming up. Not looking good. At least I have DSO to look forward to this week!!

I'm not a beckham hater at all, he's obviously out best player but his emotions take over and gets the best of him. If he doesn't get the ball or if he gets roughed up then he goes nuts and he gets personal fouls, extra attention from media and refs and opponents. It's to distracting and nobody can talk him down, the whole team try's. He doesn't have a TD yet. It's game 5. Something's gotta change

• Forum MVP

No qb can not have a bad game. Dak won't be the 1st to never have a 2-3 int game. But he's pretty freaking cool in the pocket and only scrambles if he has to. That's what I like about him. He's a pocket passer but he's pretty big and can move decently. He just doesn't get rattled. I remember the Bama game last year and he was getting hit every throw and he still never rushed his throws to prevent a hit. He was the best QB for 3 years in hard defensive conference. He had Miss st ranked 1-2 at 1 point and you can see how bad they are without him this year. He was their team. That pick helped make up for a RB at 4th and a LB who won't even play this year early 2nd round. Yes Elliott is starting to get yards but if we are being honest this line is one of the best blocking lines in history. It's 1 reason Dak is so successful too. He didn't even get sacked in his 1st game throwing 45 passes. That's crazy.

• Forum MVP

Im not putting down OSU.  A rb that high is a bad pick.  RB is one of the few positions that an undrafted guy can do as well as a top pick.  A brokedown RB ran for 1k yards last year for the cowboys.  An undrafted CB will never be at the level of these 1st round corners and safeties.  Jalen Ramsey will be a much better long term player than Elliott.  Cowboys had literally 3 top 60 pick RBs on their team this offseason.  They needed defense.  I get that Jones thought he had 2 years to win a superbowl so he took a RB high to just abuse.  But then why do you take a linebacker 35th who wont play the entire year.  The draft just made no sense to me.  Jones never gave a crap about defense and it showed again.  He likes flash.  Thats why the cowboys have had 20 years of suck.

• Forum MVP

Cowboys looked great. And you still don't get my point. You could have gotten Elliott 10th or lower. There are are positions with lots of parity and positions with little parity. The difference b/t the top and middle or bottom RB's is very little. The difference b/t top CB and bottom CBs is massive. The difference b/t top and middle QBs is also massive. Ellliott is great, no doubt, but in 5 years you can get a rookie that's as good for a 2nd rd pick while a top DB will not be easily attainable. And either Dak and Elliott are top at their position as rookies or the cowboys line is insanely good. Likely a combo of the 2.

• Forum MVP

Jerry jones does love a good O-line. I wish he was into defense as much even though the Boys dominated there as well until the 4th quarter when they went into prevent mode. Has anyone seen a prevent D that ever prevented a score. I guess it prevents a possible fast score but it usually allows points. Bama went to it when they were up 30 on Arkansas and Arkansas began to score. I personally hate it. Add 1 more safety but for god sakes only rushing 3 is ridiculous. You go prevent D on 3rd and 20. You don't do it on 1sr and 10s.

Archived