Pro Football

bs69

Cowboys are looking like a serious problem, eagles took a tough loss and the skins survived a last minute drive....and the giants got dismantled but I'm sure we saw that coming, I did. NFC east is looking like the Boys

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Zeke is an amazing back. He made 2 runs yesterday that another back wouldn't. He's awesome. That was never my contention. My contention is that running backs after 2-3 years in pros lose their edge and a rookie that can be had lower will do as good a job. Cowboys had 4 rbs on their roster. They were horrible at corner last year and they lost because teams could pass at will and not because they couldn't run. I'm glad we have zeke on the team. He and Dak combine to dominate. Did you see that read option call inside the 10. The packers all collapsed on zeke and Dak got to the 2. Things like this are why romo won't be starting.

Zeke is great but the Dallas line is so good. Together they combine to be a great combo. I'm shocked at how accurate Dak is throwing. He had 1 int that was caused when whitten got bumped off his route and it wasn't a good throw too. But Prescott is like 3rd in ESPN QBR stat. That's unheard of. Dak has been top 5 in QBR for each of the last 5 weeks. A rookie top 5 for 5 straight weeks in quarterback rating. Jerry jones after the game no longer said romo was the starter. You should fear the cowboys, eagles. We are coming for you in 2 weeks!!!! Gonna be a great game!!!

• Forum MVP

Zeke Elliot ... 28 carries for 157 ... 5.6 avg

1st rookie in the history of the NFL to have 4 straight 130+ yard games ...

continues to be a wasted pick ...

He should have never had 28 runs. Cowboys had it put away and they kept running zeke with 2 minutes to go. The boys have a solid backup in Morris who should have taken those hits instead of zeke. The cowboys are overusing zeke. What's weird is they were giving backups around 8-10 rushes a game early in the year. Zeke can't run 30x a game and still be a good running back in 3 years. He leads the league in carries and that's never a good sign. He should have gotten a breather 2-3x during that game but never did. You destroy a back you got in round 3, not your 4th pick. You try to preserve him.

• Forum MVP

There was no reason to keep him in the game at the end adding 5 carries to his total. 28 is too many. Extrapolate that to 450 in a season and that's insane.

But the cowboys drafted him to use him. They may just wear him out for 3 years and cut him. After 3 years of the workload he's getting currently he won't have any longevity when he gets to his paying years.

Zekes a great runner, but in 3 years I bet jalen Ramsey will be all pro and have a 12 year career. Elite corners are so hard to come by. RB's are a dime a dozen and can be picked up late.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Elliott is a brilliant runner. Glad he's on my team. Cowvoys have prob 3 years to get a title until they can't afford that line. Cut romo. Save 17mil of cap money doing that. That allows u to re-sign that line and maybe add some D.

Quit thinking this has anything to do with Ohio state. It doesn't. He's maybe the best runner the boys have since Tony dorsett. This has to do with team needs and position value. RB has lower high to low end discrepancy than other positions and the top rbs in the league are almost all lower round picks.

I'm sick of my team having shitty D. Cowboys again are in the bottom 5 of spending on defense but they are producing. For 3 years the boys have Dak for only 800k a year. Thats how Seattle was so good too with a cheap QB. It's a rare occurrence where you can save around 20mil of cap money(assuming they cut or trade romo) and stay at same level.

• Forum MVP

Cowboys will go back to Romo. They have too. This was going to be his super bowl team. His chance for greatness. Next spring it's an open competition. Jerry has to give Romo his shot at immortality. Dak won't bring the Super a Bowl this year.

• Forum MVP

This ain't college. This is a just win league. If not for an idiot receiver not getting ob game 1 this team is 7-0 with a rookie QB. He didn't look good until it mattered.

You hate the cowboys. U are an eagles fan. Of course u want romo. Don't act like you care about the cowvoys winning and are wanting what's best for them. You want to break up the dynamic and to cause locker room issues.

• Forum MVP

Romo makes throws to Dez that Dak can't. I want Dez fantasy points. I do have a positive interest.

I honestly think Romo might be best for this team but I personally would stick with the kid. I think Jerry Jones goes back to Romo.

• Forum MVP

Romo can't move anymore. He's gonna get pounded. The read option has become a goal line weapon as you have to respect zeke 1st and that allows Dak those easy scores. Once they start looking for Dak to pull it, zeke gets it for an easy score. If dome well the read option can be impossible to stop. Turn it into a read run pass option and yikes. Some of the only games I've seen great college D's confused as they don't run it in pros is on this 3 way option.

• Forum MVP

Cowboys are doing awesome with zeke and Dak combo.  Why mess with it.  The cowboys have a rare opportunity like Seattle to have a cheap QB.  Romo no longer makes fiscal sense.  Even if say Romo is 10% better than Zak(That would make romo have the number 1 QB rating in football), Freeing up 50 mil over the next 3 years WAY more than overcomes that small difference.  Cowboys are set on offense with a great line and backup linemen.  Great RB and backup RB.  Imagine being able to sign 2 $9 mil a year defenders.  You get elite defenders with that kind of cash.  It also allows you to re-sign all of your Pro bowlers who have big jumps in salaries coming.

Keeping Romo will destroy Dallas.  Its either Romo or 2 linemen.  You lose the line, you lose Zeke as an effective runner too.  Anyone remember Barry sanders, the best RB in history.  When Detroit lost its line, that was it.  He got average numbers.  And they didnt win.  In college you can win with a RB.  In pros you cant.

Mark my words. Romo will not be on Dallas as of July 1st next year.  They will either trade him or cut him after June 1st.

• Forum MVP

Romo fate in Dallas may be sealed. This looks like Dak team going forward into the future. I still think Jerry goes back to the veteran before the playoffs. He wins the super bowl he's back in Dallas. He loses. He very well may be gone.

• Forum MVP

Romo fate in Dallas may be sealed. This looks like Dak team going forward into the future. I still think Jerry goes back to the veteran before the playoffs. He wins the super bowl he's back in Dallas. He loses. He very well may be gone.

Im sticking to the above.  He can come in and play well but fiscally its not a sound decision.  Cowboys are a running team.  You dont take zeke then try to be New england.  Zeke and Dak work great together.  Cowboys arent as reliant on the pass as other teams so why do you need a romo or aaron rodgers.  You need someone who doesnt make a lot of mistakes and who can get out of trouble and thats Dak.  paying 26mil for a QB who is not the centerpiece of your strategy is a waste of money,

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Zekes awesome. Glad we have him.

How about them cowboys. Regardless of who wins, cowboys have the top 2 in rookie of the year voting and 2 in contention for MVP. If either Dak or zeke wasn't pretty much top at their position, cowvoys wouldn't be close to what they are doing.

Dak now has the highest rookie QB rating in history and it's not even close. And his 4th quarter rating is ridiculous. 10/11 on the last 2 TD drives vs Pittsburg and 6/6 in the OT win 2 weeks ago. Romo officially the backup now.

• Forum MVP

In that Pittsburgh game Zeke being too good hurt the boys. He was supposed to get tackled to force Pitt to burn timeouts. Then Rotylesburger was too good and scored too quick. Thank you facemask penalty lol.

Archived