Pro Football

bs69

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Give zeke the MVP and Dak rookie of the year. Considering Dak is 2nd in ESPN quarterback rating and 4th in the NFL one and has the highest all time rookie quarterback rating, he has to win that. Rookies aren't good qbs. Rookies don't have 14 TDs and 2ints plus 4 rushing TDs. That doesn't happen. Idc how good dallas's line is. Honestly I think he should be MVP considering the 2 4th quarter comebacks. 2 games he had 2 straight late drives with 5/5, 6/6, 5/6 and 4/5 passing. That's MVP stuff.

• Forum MVP

How about Dak going on a streak to finish the game vs the best defense in the NFL with 19/20 passing.  That sole incompletion was a pass right on the money to the tight end, escobar who had the ball stripped.  As accurate a display to finish a game that you will ever see.  Tied for 1st in Quarterback rating this week vs the best defense in the NFL.  Cowboys ran 22 minutes off the clock in the 2nd half on 3 drives, each one a demoralizing 10+ plays.  Not sure what excuse the haters will use this week to explain away a 75% completion 3 TD 0 int performance vs the best D in the league.  Tony Romo looking for trade opportunities.  Dallas can free up somewhere near 15 mil of cap money if hes gone.  That will allow them to re-sign most of the people they need to sign and coming off a season like this, contracts are not going to come cheap.  Unfortunately Dak can also end up playing 4 years being an elite QB, get injured and leave the NFL having made only 3 mil.  With cost of living for a football player and taxes, thats not a lot of money.  Jared Goff on the other hand will leave the NFL a rich failure in a few years!

Dak's rookie stats

17 passing Tds 2 ints 4 rushing TDs (also in preseason had 5tds and 0 int)

Ranked 1st in QB rating in 3 games---insane!!!

Ranked 5th in QBR 2 games

Half his games he ranked top 5 in QBR.  This is the NFL. Thats crazy!

No QBR game worst than 16th the entire season that was his 1st game.

He has 3 of the top 14 overall Quarterback rating performances this year!

2nd in ESPNS QBR

3rd in NFL's QBR

3rd in 4th quarter QBR

3rd in yards per attempt so not just doing it on dink passes.

Best Rookie Quarterback rating in history and its not even close

Tied the record for 5 straight multi TD games for a rookie

Set the rookie record of most passes before an interception and he now is on a new 112 passing streak without a pick.

48th all time best Quarterback rating game in his 3rd game in the NFL.

This is the hardest position in all of professional sports.  These are stats we will likely never see again from a rookie. How many rookies ever have the highest quarterback rating in any week and he did it week 3, 9 and 11.

To truly show how great his season is, in 2014, Tony Romo led the NFL in espns QBR with an 81.5 mark.  Dak Prescott has an 84.5 rating. 

In the history of ESPN's quarterback rating since 2006, only Peyton(once), Brees(once) and brady (twice) have a higher Quarterback rating than Dak does to this point!!!

This should put in perspective how amazing a season Dak has had.

How Bout Then Cowboys!!!

• Forum MVP

Would love to see the Skins upset the Boyz Thursday........it's a long shot but the Skins are playing with house money in this one.

I have to hand it to the Cowboys......they are a REALLY good team.......solid from top to bottom.

I don't see my Skins getting to the playoffs this year......

• Forum MVP

And with a grain of salt the final seeds, playoff rounds, and Superbowl picks:

AFC:                                                     NFC:

1. Patriots (East)                                  1. Cowboys (East)

2. Raiders (West)                                 2. Seahawks (West)

3. Ravens (North)                                3. Lions (North)

4. Texans (South)                                4. Falcons (South)

5. Chiefs (WC)                                     5. Giants (WC)

6. Dolphins (WC)                                 6. Redskins (WC)

WC Round:

Dolphins v Ravens - Dolphins              Redskins v Lions - Lions

Chiefs v Texans - Chiefs                      Falcons v Giants - Giants

Divisional Round:

Pats v Dolphins - (no Gron) Dolphins              Cowboys v Giants - Cowboys

( w/ Gron) Pats                     Seahawks v Lions - Lions

Raiders v Chiefs - Raiders

Conference Round:

Dolphins v Raiders - Raiders                           Cowboys v Lions - Cowboys

Pats v Raiders - Raiders

Superbowl:

Raiders v Cowboys - Cowboys

• Forum MVP

And as an eagles fan I just don't see the boys winning the super bowl. I am biased. I think the game gets a little faster and little more complicated in the playoffs. I think Dak will eventually have a game where he struggles but I must admit I'm impressed. That kid can really play.

• Forum MVP

And as an eagles fan I just don't see the boys winning the super bowl. I am biased. I think the game gets a little faster and little more complicated in the playoffs. I think Dak will eventually have a game where he struggles but I must admit I'm impressed. That kid can really play.

I know! I keep waiting for Dak to fall to earth and play like a rookie.

I don't think I've seen anything like this with a rookie QB. Add Zeke and wow!

• Forum MVP

I know! I keep waiting for Dak to fall to earth and play like a rookie.

I don't think I've seen anything like this with a rookie QB. Add Zeke and wow!

Actually you never have. He's 2nd in the NFL in quarterback rating and that's a rookie. He hasn't had a bad game yet. Every so so game he had ended with a perfect 4th quarter comeback. That's where rookies should struggle but his last 4 games in the 4th quarter he's thrown a total of 3 incompletions. That's one of the craziest stats I've seen. Could anyone imagine that Jerry Jones would be getting rid of romo b/c of a 4th round rookie?

And to make an out there claim, I don't know if any QB in the league can get as hot as Dak has gotten this year like he did vs the Ravens when he finished 19/20 and led Dallas to 5 straight scores to end the game against the nfls best d. 1 incompletion over last 20 passes and that was a great pass notpulled in. What's weird is Garrett said he doesn't do that in practice. He's human there. But in games he's a different QB ever since preseason. How can u be better in games than practice. That means he's a player. Dak and zeke will have a good 5 years before salary cap may separate them. Gonna be some great times. Gonna ring that bell! Plus Dak and dez have gotten on the same page. That's even scarier.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

The pass blocking is also a concern. Doug free gets beat every single time. Great run blocker. Horrible pass blocker. Cowboys are only an average pass blocking team.

Last week was in snow and wet Cold conditions. Dallas doesn't even blitz and manning looked worse than Dak. This is the NFL. If you are concerned about 2 games then it's time to fire Eli manning and Aaron Rodgers. Those guys have had so many miserable stretches this year. A rookie wins 11 straight and a loss hits and it's end of the world?

• Forum MVP

Dak just had the 2nd highest completion percentage game in NFL history at 89% completions. Didn't throw an incompletion 2nd half. Had 3 big passes including a TD overturned by penalties too. Every pass was near perfect. 2nd and 10 at his own 5 with a few minutes left and pressure coming throws a perfect 20yd bullet.

Every time people try to tear down Dak, all he does is respond with ridiculous games.

Dallas coaches took 2 games to do it but they adjusted to blitz pressure with 1-2 safety valves a throw and Dak doesn't miss short passes.

Best rookie QB season in NFL history and it's not even close.

/end QB controversy

• Forum MVP

Just concerned. Romo might have a better chance to win it all. That's what it is about. Best chance for super bowl. Not the rookies development.

U hate the cowboys. Why would u be concerned. U want to destroy them with controversy.

Since u hate stats here's one for you. Romo has won 2 career playoff games. Career. How is that your best chance???

Very questionable calls in that giants game. One was so-so when wentz got slammed pretty hard but the second one he barely got touched. Can Newton almost got decapitated and he gets a penalty for throwing the ball at the guy. In last nights game those are game changing calls. No pass interference on that last throw is rediculous. Chris collinsworth needs to stop broadcasting. His comments are so stupid. He said that the refs shouldn't call that penalty on 4th down with the game on the line, just let them play. Then why even call it at all or even call it ever? Eli had a some really bad throws, I'm not making excuses bc they didn't play there best but when bad calls ruin the game it makes it twice as bad.

• Forum MVP

When Dak loses first playoff game cowboys will look foolish. When Romo wins the SB in Denver next year. They will look twice foolish.

You would be the worst coach and analysis in football history. You have a 40% chance of getting an I told you so if dallas loses 1st round. Romo has won 2 playoff games in his career. 2. But somehow he's the savior? Dak just won 11 straight games under center. Has a bad game in cold wet temps and if not for dez fumble could have won that too. Then last week he puts up the 2nd highest completion percentage in NFL history against the team who has played the best defense in the NFL in the last 5 weeks and leads the league in takeaways. The cowboys would have a mutiny if they put in romo. All romo does is choke. Remember the bad hold in the playoffs. Remember all his turnovers. Y know why daks winning? Eliminates turnovers and makes smart decisions. And finally last game the coaches started running more of a west coast offense which is the perfect configuration for the boys. With zeke at RB, a ball control game is what you want. The defense is decent but they are pretty good only on the field 25 minutes.

Romo is done unless Dak gets hurt. No one wants romo back. Dez even said the only peiple calling for romo are people who want to see the cowboys lose and you sir want the cowboys to lose. Your team is the cowboys arch enemy too.

Archived