West Coast Tour dates - Feb 2017

Teacher Matt

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

More snow fell throughout Western WA over night but it's supposed to hit 50 on Thursday so the weather report lookin suite.

But dang that tour bus and gear truck got a lot of mountain passes and snowy areas to go through to get to Seattle...hope for safe and smooth travels!

• Forum MVP

You call that shit Rude? Man anything over 40 is a good deal considering that Portland has had their share of snow, freezing rain and ice storms this year. Besides, you'll be getting the 'real' NW when it's 43 and raining.

Bring your rain gear for sure,,but make sure your gear is Vegan and sustainably harvested and all will work out just fine for your first trip to the NW. ☔️

• Forum MVP
16 hours ago, Island Bro said:

Bring your rain gear for sure,,but make sure your gear is Vegan and sustainably harvested and all will work out just fine for your first trip to the NW. ☔️

A little background reading too for you Rudy

https://elizabethargyropoulos.com/2016/06/10/one-mother-asks-i-only-let-my-son-play-with-wooden-toys-why-is-he-such-a-douche/

On 10/26/2016 at 9:00 AM, Island Bro said:

Unexpected venue change in Portland,,,mixed feelings about that. The Roseland generally is gonna have better sound in more of the space and I believe is a bit higher capacity which, in my mind, means more dancing space on the plus side. But it just ain't the warm and fuzzy feeling of the crystal ballroom with all its elegance and history...not to mention the bouncing ballroom floor!!

Well,,,I'm sure we can get the floor bouncing at the Roseland!

Surprised at this change but it will still be smokin

The first time I saw DSO was at the Roseland many years ago, and the venue's vibe and security were somewhat negative (like searching my hat for drugs).  After that show DSO strictly played at the Crystal. Well, now they are back at the Roseland, and I'm not quite feeling that rosy glow.  But hey, if the sound qual and danceability are good, then I'll feel rosy.  

On 2/7/2017 at 3:52 PM, Island Bro said:

You call that shit Rude? Man anything over 40 is a good deal considering that Portland has had their share of snow, freezing rain and ice storms this year. Besides, you'll be getting the 'real' NW when it's 43 and raining.

And if you print your ticket on anything other than 100 percent recycled paper, using soy-based ink, then you might not get in...

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, emergency crew said:

The first time I saw DSO was at the Roseland many years ago, and the venue's vibe and security were somewhat negative (like searching my hat for drugs).  After that show DSO strictly played at the Crystal. Well, now they are back at the Roseland, and I'm not quite feeling that rosy glow.  But hey, if the sound qual and danceability are good, then I'll feel rosy.  

Yeah I hear ya...I think there will be pluses and minuses but good sound and decent dance space would be mighty fine...we'll see

im guessing they'll be back at the Crystal next year...

• Forum MVP

Thanks for all the advice!!!!!

Being from KY, I need to remember not to wear camo, leave the guns at home, only chew tobacco once the lights go down, don't say y'all, practice up on my valley girl speak(watched fast times and valley girl this week), bring my organic phone, pack only Patagonia brand clothing and bring spare change for the homeless kids, and avoid roaming bands of wookies who terrorize the streets after dark  

And a cruel twist is Melvin and terrapin flyer are playing an afterparty on night 1.  Yeah like I'll have the energy for 2 shows after slothing it all winter on night 1. Night 1 is the one where you can barely walk after and you eat greasy diner food at midnight and sleep like you've never slept before. 

• Forum MVP
13 hours ago, Mango said:

Rad NAR!

Glad to see you avoided being mugged in Peru and still have your phone!!!!  Imagine south side Chicago then if they didn't have cops in south side Chicago. That's Lima ;)

• Advisory Board

They basically don't have cops on the Southside in the isolated areas in question.  The Chicago murder deal is not understood by the country. It's not about "Chicago". It's about 3 black neighborhoods that are poverty stricken, bombed out and gang infested. 

I suggest we all avoid speculation and opinion as to why these neighborhoods suck and how it came to be that way. But that is the case. The gangs kill each other almost exclusively. Every now and then a stray bullet hits a kid or a grandma. Then you hear some outrage for a week or two. No one cares when the gangbangers kill each other. Less of them around for the unfortunate senior citizens and kids who live there. 

And everyone knows who the shooters are. But no one will tell. These shootings don't result in arrests. 95% of Chicago is as safe as any other city. I image if you removed those 3 areas from the statistics Chicago would be among the safest cities. We are a segregated city. Shockingly so. Been that way since Boss Daley.

And Terrapin Flyer is a local Chicago band. Without Melvin they kind of suck. With Melvin they are great. Every song with long Mel solos and him dominating even when not soloing. Well worth seeing. A can't miss. And he is really cool. If you are female bring him a glass of red wine and he will be super nice to you.

Dr. B

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, rudedogggg said:

Thanks for all the advice!!!!!

Being from KY, I need to remember not to wear camo, leave the guns at home, only chew tobacco once the lights go down, don't say y'all, practice up on my valley girl speak(watched fast times and valley girl this week), bring my organic phone, pack only Patagonia brand clothing and bring spare change for the homeless kids, and avoid roaming bands of wookies who terrorize the streets after dark  

And a cruel twist is Melvin and terrapin flyer are playing an afterparty on night 1.  Yeah like I'll have the energy for 2 shows after slothing it all winter on night 1. Night 1 is the one where you can barely walk after and you eat greasy diner food at midnight and sleep like you've never slept before. 

Natural organic camo is a-ok and saying ya'll is encouraged,,but we will be giving you lots of self-righteous feedback along the way to keep you on track 😝

Have a smooth flight, Rude

On 2/7/2017 at 8:19 AM, PoetryGirl said:

Hoping that there is ok weather for the Seattle shows. There is a guest list on the calendar page that Taper Ron started to show if you are going or not....

Where's the calendar page?

Archived