College Basketball

bs69

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP
5 hours ago, PoetryGirl said:

Oooo - gotta get by Godzilla and such first but wouldn't it be something - North vs South ? 

You got this

godzilla-breath.jpg

Just watch out for the breath and USC should be just fine.

• Forum MVP
21 hours ago, acududeman said:

Back in the 70's & 80's, the female Carolina cheerleaders had "Go Cocks" printed in white letters on their asses......you could only see it when their skirts flew up while flying through the air during cheers......it was outrageous and wonderful

That's hilarious

• Forum MVP
2 hours ago, acududeman said:

Do you think such a collision may also finally settle the mustard vs vinegar debate?     :P

Like If one didn't quite cut the mustard ? 

Just as long as it is that ketchup slop I am golden ( but long live mustard !!)

• Forum MVP
18 hours ago, PoetryGirl said:

Like If one didn't quite cut the mustard ?   HA!

Just as long as it is that ketchup slop I am golden ( but long live mustard !!)

Wait - What?  You like the ketchup slop?  Say it ain't so.....

God - why did I have to become preoccupied with BBQ!!!  Damn It - Now I'm starving.  Gotta get a hold of this - tonight!:

193378_640x428.jpg

• Forum MVP
2 hours ago, Tea for Texas said:

God - why did I have to become preoccupied with BBQ!!!  Damn It - Now I'm starving.  Gotta get a hold of this - tonight!:

193378_640x428.jpg

OMG !! I have been hacked !!! 

Just as long as it is NOT the ketchup junk!! Aka vinegar is ok

Mmmmm.. My crock pot is ripe today with Carolina Gold BBQ chicken thighs right now begging for a Brioche hamburger bun, side of slaw and hot pickle slices. Yum 

• Forum MVP
3 hours ago, acududeman said:

Maurice Bessinger was a racist asshole, but I must say his BBQ sauce rocks.....

I had lunch with Paul Bessinger last year on an introduction from a friend and I was star struck. Some people are impressed by Hollywood credentials, I'm impressed with BBQ credentials. He had em in spades. And without the asshole element his dad was know for. If you ever get to columbia, you'd be remiss not to partake in some pulled pork with mustard sauce and hash over rice at Maurice's ... damn that's good shit. 

• Forum MVP
6 hours ago, gr8fulpair said:

I had lunch with Paul Bessinger last year on an introduction from a friend and I was star struck. Some people are impressed by Hollywood credentials, I'm impressed with BBQ credentials. He had em in spades. And without the asshole element his dad was know for. If you ever get to columbia, you'd be remiss not to partake in some pulled pork with mustard sauce and hash over rice at Maurice's ... damn that's good shit. 

That's great to hear.....I had heard that his kids were good people without the hate.

• Forum MVP

A buddy just remarked " with  South Carolina drawing so much attention for making it to the  Final Four, my mother-in-law from Wisconsin mentioned the unusual name." Of course we don't mean to be crude here even though the state dance is named the shag. Carolina's mascot is a reference to revolutionary Brigadier General Thomas Sumter, the Gamecock- Cromwell nicknamed him-said he fought like a gamecock after the British burned his home. 

But it can get spicy around here with a little creativity. 

• Forum MVP

Well PG,, as you know things aren't always quite as spicy out here in the upper left corner but this final 4 lineup has quite the geographical concentration with the Pac NW vs Carolinas. People out this way are pretty hungry for a win in the finals as well so I'm so curious how it will go down. I'm not steeped in college Bball but it would be pretty exciting to see Oregon or Gonzaga pull it off. I think Gonzaga will end up in the final and have 54.674% chance for the win. 

• Forum MVP

So now there are threats on the refs (John Higgins) life that officiated the KY vs. UNC game. Kentucky fans have also threatened his family, and are trying to destroy his business. Absolutely, I think some of those calls early in the game were questionable to say the least. Calipari certainly didn't help things by what he said in his presser. But the game was officiated evenly in the 2nd half, and Kentucky did have a 5 point lead. Calipari whines about everything, no wonder why he's the most despised coach in the game. John Chaney should have beat his ass a long time ago, when he had the chance.

On another note I am touring USC the 3rd week of April with my girls. Doing the whole Carolina thing. Elon, High Point, USC, Clemson, Coastal Carolina, and College Of Charleston. I have to get them out of bum fucked Jersey for college. I have family in Myrtle, and Murells Inlet. Love the Carolina's even though people don't know how to drive down there.

Ironically, some cover band is going to be down south when I am. Some of the logistics just might work out. 

• Forum MVP

Did u guys notice in the U.K. Carolina game that the shot went through with .6 secs and they never adjusted it up from .3. It wouldn't have made a difference but I've never seen the refs after reviewing not get the correct time on the clock. They looked at it for minutes and we did slow mo and was like at .6 it went under the basket. 

• Forum MVP

So it occurred to me that I've posted as much in the past two days as I have in the past two years. Now it's time for me to climb back into my hole and go dark again like my buddy Vegas.

I'll see you beautiful people on the playground. Stout out.

• Forum MVP
45 minutes ago, August West said:

Love the Carolina's even though people don't know how to drive down there.

I've never seen more left-laners in my life!  They hug that yellow line and only speed up when they realize they've been going 52 in a 70 OR if someone has to try and pass them on the right.  Damndest thing that many down here don't seem to know that the left lane is not a travel-lane.

Anyhooo Stout - Good luck with the Southeastern swing and I hope your girls find a good landing spot down South!  It is pretty sweet down here save for the pollen, the drivers, and restroom confusion.  Hope to see you once or twice as you're passing through the southern part of heaven and please feel free to come up to periscope-depth on here from time-to-time!

• Forum MVP
3 hours ago, August West said:

...Ironically, some cover band is going to be down south when I am. Some of the logistics just might work out. 

Certainly hope you can catch some of the shows in the Carolinas.  I'm planning on a run of at least four in NC and maybe one in Virginia the week before. I know there will be many old friends around.

Peace and Love,

Doc

• Forum MVP
On 3/28/2017 at 3:58 PM, Tea for Texas said:

193378_640x428.jpg

If it didn't work out, Hardee's can eclipse your world with pork.

Lordy. Jesus be a fence. 

https://postimg.org/image/hsp51vi83/]IMG_4715.jpg[/url]

• Forum MVP
4 hours ago, PoetryGirl said:

Lady Gamecocks !! Woot woot - here comes the championship game. 

Hell yeah!!  And the thrilling OT buzzer-beater loss by UCONN.....oh my.......that "Itty-Bitty" 5'5" point guard for Miss St is fierce!

Sunday's showdown should be fun......GO COCKS !!

Archived