College Basketball

bs69

• Forum MVP
On 3/31/2017 at 9:42 PM, PoetryGirl said:

Lady Gamecocks !! Woot woot - here comes the championship game. 

How bout them Lady Gamecocks, Poetry Girl ???

Interestingly, Darius Rucker has been scheduled for a couple of months now to play a free solo show on the Horseshoe Sat 4/7 (a promise he made last year if the football team won at least 6 games). I suspect that it will be quite the auspicious celebration given the antics from the past week........should be fun!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Little sleep tonight!  UNC will need to shoot much better from the outside to win it.  It's not their game but if the Zags don't need to move out to the shooters, it may be a long night.

Go Tar Heels!

• Forum MVP
32 minutes ago, Tea for Texas said:

One of the sloppiest games I've ever seen - Wow!

The belt is the belt tho....

Worst officiated game in the history of time. Neither team could get any rhythm whatsoever due to the constant whistles. No doubt the best team won, but a real shame the way it played out. Go Tarheels!!! Yea baby. We'll take it!

• Forum MVP

Not nearly as ugly as the UCONN/Butler final....that was the worst final ever....... congrats to the Tarheels.

As a Duke fan, I'm jealous that Roy gets his guys to stick around for several years and not transfer or go pro after one year......it shows.

• Forum MVP

Not very well played or officiated, but it was close until the Zags decided to end all drama at the end and start passing it to the light blue shirts. Adam Morrison sighting, guess he's out of missing persons now.

• Forum MVP

I feel for Karnowski - He had the worst game of his career.  A lot of his trouble was due to the size of Meeks but it did appear that the moment was a bit too big for the BIG guy.

While the Heels are deserving champions, this was a devastating non-call for Gonzaga - the Ref was right there too: 

AR-304049899.jpg&q=80&MaxW=550&MaxH=400&

The officials couldn't get out of their own way and could just never get a handle on how they wanted to call the game.  Tons of calls were makeups for what they missed at the other end of the floor.  They swallowed the whistle when it got really physical and then started calling hand-checks and fouls on 50/50 rebounds.  

The college game is great when there's some flow but nearly unwatchable when it gets bogged down.

Until next year :)     

Archived