Cosmic Charlie
Around and Around
Goin' Down the Road Feelin' Bad
One More Saturday Night

Not Fade Away

Filler: Sisters and Brothers

• Forum MVP

Thank you so much DSO

Happy Thanksgiving. This show was so much more than you'll ever know for me. It felt really good to really get out and dance again. What a great dance party we had although wish more of what I consider DSO family had made it to the show. You guys really were missed.

I knew this show from the minute that started playing music. This shows is a radio fm broadcast from Captiol Theater, no not the one I've been too, but in Passaic NJ.

The show opens help slip franklins music brown eyed cassidy. I mean come on. That is unreal dance stuff. The show slows down. TLEO through LLR although LLR was very beautiful performed. I thought the playing got a little too spacey and not really having any dance groove but some people love their playing in the band that way. My mind was bent, but my body definitely wanted to dance. Outside of the playing I really have no complaints with the first set. TJed was good for a piss/smoke break. That ended up back firing on me cause my space got galloped up. I laughed about it with a friend when I get back in there and we spaced them back out.

Might as well...well might as well...

Set really takes off with Samson. The high time was dripping with emotion. They teased dancing briefly before firing into Let it Grow. This was powerful stuff. From Samson to God . Listen to the thunder shout!!! However, the high time was the real beauty. Samson and Let it Grow fuel the dance and make you feel like your invincible but its high time you really get your heart pulled on. Dancing was fantastic. Cosmic charlie was unreal. They show kind of tails off at that point. Although DSO certainly rocked it,

Another gem by DSO.  The joint was definitely jumping for the Pilgrimage to Penn's Peak.  The place was packed, sold out show!.  I don't remember seeing the parking lot so full, no spots anywhere.  The energy was palpable, lots of good dance tunes.  DSO did not disappoint.  Might as Well was a great 2nd set opener.  Sampson, Let it Grow, Cosmic Charlie were all done very tastefully.  Skip was dropping Bombs all night and had the walls shaking.  The band said it was their 20th show at the Peak & I believe their 12th Thanksgiving Eve show.  I got stuck in the huge line outside to get in again after arriving a little late (7:30p).  Was also glad to see the Peak decided to open additional beer/drink stations around the venue.  Only had 2 beers which I got at set break, but I didn't have to wait in line for them.  Was playing it cautious due to all the fuzz talk.  Didn't see any cops around the venue in or out which was nice.  It was amateur night though, most traveled day of the year, so it was a good idea to take it easy on the booz.  It was great seeing my DSO fam and everyone had a grate time opening up the holiday season.  Keep on trucking DSO, hope to see you NYE! 

Love this show!

Saw DSO's re-creation way back in Worcester in 2005.

Love the Help/Slip/Frankin/MNS opener and the Playin closer.

The 2nd set is classic '76 and you gotta love any show with a NFA opener (clocking in at 20 minutes in the original).

Love DSO, love their re-creations of these awesome Grateful Dead shows!

• Forum MVP

I found this show to be very strong. I stay away from top 10 analysis anymore. I've seen so many show and on first glance would have like 25 top 10 shows but the band was on fire tonite and the dance space was fantastic.

The show opens so strong. The first 6 songs are a dancers dream to open the show.

I listen to a lot of summer 76. I've definitely listened to every show they play that June and July. This isn't my favorite. I find it to be lacking of a true Jerry ballad although I guess we can count high time as a tune in that slot but I'm not sure any show opens as strong as this one.

Maybe someone can point to another show but I don't think I've ever heard another show that opens h>s>f into music. That is simply a brilliant segment of music and DSO crushed it.

• Forum MVP

Maybe someone can point to another show but I don't think I've ever heard another show that opens h>s>f into music. That is simply a brilliant segment of music and DSO crushed it.

not as an opener, but 9 24 76 William & Mary 2nd set features Help> Slip> Drums> Franklin's> Music> Stella> Around 

u guys are thinking 8 13 75 Great American, does open that way; however there is no transition between Franklin's and Music 

6 19 76 and 9 24 76 are only 2 Franklin's> Music ever 

Archived