930 night 2

Tom Banjo

Here is what I remember, first set fuzzy, so good! I am missing chunks!

St Stephen

Dancin

Think

??

???

China

Rider

Scarlet

Fire

Corrina

Shakedown

Chimes of Freedom - Lisa crushed this one!

Other one

Stella

Other one

Saturday night

Run Rudolph

• Forum MVP

I have a lot of thoughts about these past three shows.

There were highlight through out the night, and though sold out, more room 2nd night then first!!!

Dance always limited at 930, but with a little help from my friends, I was able to dance to the music we all love!!

Opener, St. Stephen. Thankfully DC is fashionably late, so I got leg kicking room for this tune. It filled in wuick there after, but I got my groove!!

Does not matter who talks, it's such a loud and clear venue, our ears transformed the music into tears:)!!

A dancing night for sure, Lisa shining her best. The fire was fire. Some of the best production of a song with more memories then words!!

I hate when others are right. I never have danced to a Corinna. Maybe in Hampton Beach, but never with GD. A late song played with out much enthusiasm, by the original artist. My opinion....got to say that DSO can play, and plays it to older feet, but wiser ears, and it made me dance. I got dance time on the upper bar level!! Some birthday girl came up with her slurred compliments. Dressed to impress, not to dance. I don't understand that, needless to say, she left with a smile, and hopefully a better understanding that it's ok to let the music move your body!!

Huge props to the China rider as a set closer. I was thinking we are done, then bam bam across the head, you get once of your favorite dance to the Dead!!!!

Played with energy, confidence, and speed!! Fabulous!! Fucking fantastic

Many of other little tales and spins of the music,. But I shall leave with another compliment to another awesome tour closer. It's great when the Band can let their passions be free....love the originals!!

• Forum MVP

12/3/16  9:30 Club Washington, DC

St. Stephen, Dancin, Sugaree, Passenger, Chimes of Freedom, Think, Cassidy,

Sing Your Blues Away, China>Rider

Scarlet>Fire, Corrina, Shakedown, Don't Need Love, Drums, Space, Other One,

Stella Blue> Other One, Saturday Nite

Run Run Rundolph

First set may be incomplete

Second set pre drums killed

Fire completely off the hook and highlight of the night

Great friends, Great music

Enjoy the break DSO

• Forum MVP

A terrific show......much needed....I needed renewal and spirit bath.....more than I realized until I walked out of there feeling lighter and more joyful than I have felt in weeks.

I usually hate the 9:30 Club, but I lucked out and spent the 2nd set on the side rail alongside 2 very cool guys....plenty of room to groove and watch the band at will.

Dancing with DSO is the best medicine for my gypsy soul.....thanks to band and crew.....you bring it each and every night.

I heard Corrina for the first time in 20+ years at the tour closer in Pittsburgh and really loved it.  I think I only heard it once before on some really shitty sounding audience tape.

I find it stuck in my head all the time since.

• Forum MVP

While I've seen better set lists, from a musical execution standpoint DSO absolutely nailed every song this night. These were some of the best versions of these songs I've heard. The Dancin was long, funky, sublime. The transitions between scarlet fire, and space to the other one, elusive, teasing, anxious, mind bending. Sound was excellent in the venue, and it was loud and full. Many thanks to some great people for dance space in that sardine can, and for accommodations in a very cool section of DC.

Ps: for those that don't know, in the winter Sunny wears shorts under his jeans and takes off his pants in the venue to dance, drawing more than a few looks. I'll just say if you take off your pants to dance, you better bring your A game. He did not disappoint.

• Forum MVP

Set One: Saint Stephen > Dancing In The Street ; Sugaree ; Chimes Of Freedom ; Passenger ; Think ; Cassidy ; To Lay Me Down ; Let Me Sing Your Blues Away ; China Cat Sunflower > I Know You Rider

Set Two: Scarlet Begonias > Fire On The Mountain > Corrina > Shakedown Street > Don't Need Love > drums > space > The Other One > Stella Blue > The Other One > One More Saturday Night

Encore: Run, Rudolph, Run

Totally agree with how superb Corrina is played. GD versions are unremarkable. Furthur was pretty good. But DSO has made it 2nd set brilliance. I feel Matson's playing is often sinister he's so good and the group dynamic with these guys is fantastic. The version at 930 was excellent but the oversold atmosphere detracted from the experience for this solo head, o well, still a blast. My brain needed washed off the walls at Stage ae in Oct! Thanks DSO! See ya in Denver!

This is a version of Corrina worth giving a listen!  They played the first half of it so weird.  At about 7 minutes it gets pretty serious though.

https://archive.org/details/gd1992-06-08.sbd.miller.89981.sbeok.flac16

The So Many Roads on this is really nice 

It's too bad I was out in the parking lot being part of the problem for this one.  :unsure:

Archived