2017 Jubilee Lineup Announced

Tea

• Forum MVP

For those that have the energy to see every act over 3 days, I guess it's bit of a pullback from years past. For me, less is more as the lineup has more of what 'I' like.

$350 is a stout commitment for RV but not outta line IMO.

The price for amazing music and the for the great fellowship is well worth the investment. Hope you can still make it.

• Forum MVP

Looks like late night grass is on the menu. That is right up my ally. Double Tuna again. Check. Tons of dead. David nelson. Looks like I'll be hitting this year with the boys in tow. Like I always say, 3 nights DSO sells the ticket for me, everything else is gravy

• Forum MVP

I will be there and I am by no means making this comment to try and convince people not to go. I am aware of unattended comments and recognize maybe my take is better left unsaid but I am way over late night grass.

The year with dumpstaphunk was awesome. We also got Mickey on the bill one year. I can't argue with those that feel the line up has been slimmed down. Seems like more members of Dso are playing multiple sets and carrying the load. That is also a slimming down but on that front I love it. I tour with Dso pretty heavy but rarely get to see their side projects. I very much look forward to catching some of the side projects. Seeing some original music made by the band members that enrich my life so much.

All I need to know is 3 nights Dso and I am in. Tough to make it to stage for much else anyway. I definitely won't be down there for late night grass.

• Band Member

Hey there folks.  Whie you are correct that it is late night bluegrass again, to an extent this is beyond our control.  They have noise ordinances in place that keep us from being able to have the late night funk throwdowns that the band and the fans crave.  We still talk about the Dumpstafunk set and wish we could do that again, but the powers that be (local authorities), keep that from being possible.  In years past, I have had the honor of drummng late night with YMSB and even that was, technically,  breaking the rules.  Just wanted to clarify why it is what it is.  Stay tuned, we still have more acts to announce.

THANKS!!!

• Forum MVP

All I saw was 3 nights of DSO and thats the only lineup that matters to me. :),

And Rob, I love it every time you play with yonder!!!  They need to make the move and get a full time dead style drummer!!!  Heck every band needs an off beat funk/jazz drummer on the payroll.

• 1 month later...
  • Forum MVP

The jubilee is for DSO... Does anything else matter??? ;-)

I said that about JITS and people got on me. All bands matter, mango. And from talking to non tour people at jubilee, I was surprised that many go there for other bands. I talked to several that were there mainly for devil makes three 2 years ago. I thought that was very strange. But then again if I was 18 and didn't know the dead, I'd just be there for the party. We didn't have fests in my youth. But then again I don't know if I could have handled the freedom. Seeing dead lot the 1st time at buckeye lake 94, having 0 clue how huge and fun it would be, I took in every aspect of it from noon until 4am when they started booting us out. I was in awe of this magical place I never knew existed even if I knew very few songs. I'd guess a good portion of people go to jubilee just for that except it's 30x smaller than that buckeye crowd.

And to finish the story on an embarassing note if u haven't heard it, I had some store bought tie dye that show. If u were there u knew how hard it rained at that 94 Buckeye show(not poca level but 30 minutes of thunderstorm with no shelter). From 95 and sunny to 65 and thunderstorms in a matter of minutes. My generic tie dye starts bleeding colors down my shorts and legs. If I wasn't weird at the time, I'd have thought it was cool. My asshole friend who's now an asshole judge proceeds to point at me from a short distance encouraging everyone around us to look at me and my melting shirt. 50 people were pointing and looking at the colors run down my leg. Very uncool experience. Then hypothermia started coming on. We were all soaked and freezing. No warm concessions as it was 95 earlier and no one wanted coffee. People taking the cold harder left. There were some in bad shape. I didn't feel comfortable trying to pile under someone's tarp so I just froze. But I was hooked after that and didn't know a DSO existed so never looked for one. Fate got me here and I can't imagine my life any other way now.

Experience>things. If u live that way you will be much happier and it's scientifically proven. My mental health now compared to 2012 is off the charts better. And a lot of that is due to so many more friends. Gr8fulpair said it best in our hotel in Raleigh. He's like I haven't known u guys that long and we haven't hung out a fraction of my hometown friends, but I feel completely at ease to be myself aro Be u guys. It's like we've known each other much longer. There's definitely a bond that grows quickly and tightly on tour.

Ok so I felt like sharing even though it's not really on topic at all. But it's great when you trust people in a group here enough to share more than superficial feelings. Love u all. Enjoy Jamaica those who are there and hopefully not on a phone reading posts. And very soon mango I'll infuse my groove into those "legendary" west coast dance parties. Excited!!!!

• Forum MVP

I don't know how legendary they are....

I figured all west coasters thought that way, hence my quotes around it :P.  Im excited for my 1st time touring some of the west coast.  Giddy up!

• Forum MVP

That 94' Buckeye show so aptly described by Rude was my attempt to get my wife into the Dead, it failed miserable due to the weather conditions. On the Bright side, I don't have baseball to deal with this year and she has told me to go and have fun with my friends. So I will be making it this year for the first time since the first Jubilee. Already excited!

• Forum MVP

Sometimes are legendary... But can happen in any moment, any where, any time

My legendary dance parties are the shows where no one shows or big outdoor parties. Providence was our little private party. Sunny had a whole tier to himself. Space in itself can make a monster dance party as long as you have a few catalysts motivating others to let go. I'm sure that me, MC and sunny were so wild that it caused others to say what the hell and let loose a little more and the people who were there were there only for the show and not to catch up with buddies.

My friends nick and alex who went to jubilee last year just moved to providence so it will prob lead to making hampton an annual event. I'd love another Lupos show. Providence is so liberal. I love it. Pretty town. Chill.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

So the gf bought us VIP ticket this year.  I had always thought with being able to camp so close in GA, VIP wasn't worth it, but she bought the tix and dont have to carry any gear up or down and carrying for 2 killed me last year.  I've created a monster. I get nonstop texts on tour release day. Let's do this this and this. She likes the experience more than the music even though with it playing so much at the house and her seeing DSO regularly she's now able to identify songs quickly even though she refuses to learn the words. And from DSO she now knows really obscure songs that DSO played more than the dead. I have these "proud parent" moments when she's like Viola? and gets it after a few notes. At 1st I think she thought maybe she didn't fit in at shows but now realizes it's not what you wear just as long as you are there.  There will always be idiots like the ones who said Tea isn't a real deadhead amd looks like a narc, but those are the ones who aren't real deadheads. 

• Forum MVP
3 hours ago, Mason's Child said:

Tea does look like a narc. I wouldn't hook that guy up. Also dances kind of like a weirdo. I would hook that guy up. 

I just need to put a CB antenna on the roof, hang a sport-coat in the window of the back-seat, and get my usual haircut.  I could be be the Narc supervisor - It would leave me above any-and-all reproach.  Well - except for Deadheads.

I dance kind of like a wierdo?  There is no like about it.  Other than the obvious parallels to the Karate Kid or the quasi-rhythmic rearrangement of invisible furniture at a rapid pace, I've not seen this affliction in any other dancer.  The only thing I can say is that it's very much my own strange manifestation.  it may not be much to look at if you see it, but it doesn't take long to guess that it's one of my most favorite things in this life.      

• Forum MVP

You do know that I've incorporated some of your moves into my dance. My dance is a hoppy, hip hoppy, furniture rearranging mish mash of moves now. Im afraid it's going to throw the band off or create a worm hole in time. 

• Forum MVP

DNB had to cancel their appearance at the Big Sur Festival slated for 4/22 due to David's ongoing medical concerns.  For those who may not know, David announced his diagnosis of colon cancer back in February.  He said his prognosis was good so let's all hope that still holds for him and his family.

Here's to a speedy recovery and the hope for an 'all-clear' from his doctors so he can perform at Jubilee!  

Fuck Cancer :angry:

Archived