Russell Westbrook

Tom Banjo

• Forum MVP

Are you impressed?

I might be considered a hater. I think he takes bad 3s and shouldn't really shoot 3s at all. He plays way too much ISO basketball. His numbers are inflated by dominating the ball and crashing boards when he should release.

On the other hand, he's averaging a triple double that hasn't been done in over 50 years. The overall numbers are staggering.

I do come back to the game I just watched. Russ will get credit for a 7th straight triple double but he didn't play well. Took a terrible 3 down one.

• Forum MVP

He's super athletic and quite fun to watch....clearly a huge hoops talent.

Ball hog? Probably.....but I think that he feels that, since KD left, their only chance to remain competitive is to assume the burden of production for the team.

My .02

• Forum MVP

I watch very little NBA until the playoffs. My favorite team, the Utah Jazz, has been pretty irrelevant the last few years and don't get much air time. Although, they do seem to be improving and I think they will make the playoffs this year.

• Forum MVP

I watch no nba until the finals when a buddy forces me to. You are a city guy, MC. You grew up on pro sports. I grew up on college sports as we have no pro teams besides baseball where we are deep St Louis fans here. Plus no one cares about college baseball.

• Forum MVP

Northeast is a huge pro area.  I think its way more geographic than age or ethnic.  In Kentucky, its all college hoops no matter young or old.  We have no pro sports.  In philly, Boston, and new york what college sports is there?  Temple, Boston college?  Very little.  The entire south is college because we have very little pro teams as we dont have the big cities.  Chicago is all pro as they dont have much in the way of college sports.  Depaul and northwestern.  If you notice, the biggest college programs are in smaller cities.  Vandy is in the biggest city in the SEC and it  has the smallest following.  Northwestern is similar in the Big Ten.  There are a couple schools that buck that trend.  USC and UCLA in LA.  But for the most part the larger the city, the less competitive the college sports teams.

• Forum MVP

The NBA season, like baseball, is so long with so many games. Unless you have a hometown team, there is not much interest until the end. My main interest in watching and following NBA teams during the year would be to see how some of the college players I followed are doing on the next level. Even though Cincy is a pro sports town, college basketball is far more popular in this area with Xavier and UC in town and Kentucky and Indiana just over the border. After college is over I'll watch some of the NBA and hockey playoffs to get my sports fix.

• Forum MVP

I never liked the NBA product. There's actual coaching involved now unlike the illegal defense clearout days but still until playoffs there's no urgency or the intensity you find daily in college hoops. Basketball is the most intense cardio sport and 82 games is ludicrous plus way too much playoffs. Teams play 100 games compared to 40 for college. Compare that to 19-20 NFL and 14 college football. 82 regular season games makes it like the baseball season. You take some games off and accept losses vs doing whatever it takes. But it's not a relaxed sport like baseball so games where teams take a day off hurt the product. I've seen games where teams conceded by halftime as to not waste the energy for a slim chance at a comeback. You never get that in college.

• Forum MVP

I'm familiar with him. I love hustlers. My fav UK players are Kidd gilchrist and Ulis for their relentless play. I don't think I've ever seen a KY player play as hard as Kidd-Gilchrist did. He was a special kid and that was an amazing team and best starting 5 in KY history. 4 1st and a 2nd round pick from that starting 5 including 1,2. Unselfish team. Their top 6 averaged 9.9 to 13.9 points. They all averaged 1 steal and over 1 assist a game with the most blocks by a KY team ever. In fact besides Davis with blocks and Teague with steals many of their stats were nearly identical. 3 guys averaged over 7 rebounds a game. Each player was the definition of a 1 to 5 spot. Watching this KY game made me reminisce of that team in 2012. 38-2 with the losses by a combined 3 points. They only had 3 wins by less than 6 and none by less than 8 in the tourney. But then again Anthony Davis will be known as one of the best ever if he stays healthy. All gilchrist does in the NBA is do what he did in college and rebound 8 a game and defend and use a motor rarely seen to push through his lack of elite talent.

Archived