Hockey

bs69

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Forum MVP

Jackets clinch a playoff birth, neck and neck with the Caps and Pens for the top seed in the east. It will be a huge advantage to the top seed as the other 2 will have to play in the first round with the new playoff format.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

The Jackets look like a very different team from the regular season - at least against Pittsburgh.  They went from being the aggressor to sitting back.  Not nearly the level of forechecking that made them a 50 win team.  I'm not a Pens fan so I too am hoping for an epic comeback.

Heaven help the Caps if Toronto gets them again.  They are way too skilled to be in a must-win game in RD 1.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Stanley Cup Playoffs are right there as the one of the best post-seasons in all of pro sports.  

Great action, big momentum swings, unbelievable skill.  Most of the commercials are during intermission so not as many stoppages.  Only soccer is better in that dept.

Great game1 between the Caps and the Pens.  Too bad the top 2 teams in the Metropolitan have to square off in Rd 2...

• Forum MVP

The second season is so great that it keeps my interest even when the Hawks are no longer in it (don't rub it in).

And the parity is particularly high this year, it seems.  Any guess to win it all that comes to fruition would have a pretty sizable component of luck.   

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, Ammagamalin Crew said:

Glad the Caps won last night. They controlled the game. Still incredible games going on

Concur.  Not a fan of either team, but dislike the Pens more and felt bad for the Caps for that last 120 seconds of regulation.

And that cross-check on Sid was not suspension worthy.  The game misconduct was more than enough punishement for that play.

• Forum MVP

Pretty chippy last night but it was a great game !  The Pens were on their heels most of the 3rd period but Fleurry was up to the task.  Not sure the Caps have the makeup to force a game 7 if history is any guide.

• Forum MVP
On 5/4/2017 at 8:32 AM, Tea for Texas said:

Pretty chippy last night but it was a great game !  The Pens were on their heels most of the 3rd period but Fleurry was up to the task.  Not sure the Caps have the makeup to force a game 7 if history is any guide.

We know the Caps are goners.  As in "He's..."

I strongly dislike the Pens.  

Archived