Hockey

bs69

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Jackets v Caps series crazy good to watch, not good for my blood pressure. Jackets need to win Thursday night and not let them back in it.

How about Fleury? Giving up only 3 goals in four games to the kings!

• Forum MVP
3 hours ago, acududeman said:

Now we face our perennial nemesis......The Pens......maybe this year will be different??

Sure is going to be fun to watch.  I have no dog in that hunt, but will be rooting for your Caps to get it done.

I’ve been to shows in both towns, so that can’t serve as tiebreaker for who to root for.  :-)  

• Forum MVP
6 hours ago, acududeman said:

Now we face our perennial nemesis......The Pens......maybe this year will be different??

Maybe.  Goin down 0-2 and then showing some onions is a good sign.

I'm just rooting for good hockey although I think I'd like to see the Caps throttle that monkey that has taken residence on their collective backs.

• Forum MVP

Looks like the predators are back again. When I was living in Nashville working at a radio station, they were my client when they were a new NHL franchise. Being an amazing salesman I got in really good with the marketing girl. Every year every radio station got 2 games where we’d get a block of tickets and do a radio remote. I got 1st pick. Of course I chose the 2 home red wings games for our remotes. These were always sold out and having a block of 20 tickets to distribute always made me the man. We were supposed to give some away as listener contests but too many clients and employees wanted tix to those games so we prob only gave 4 away on air. The redwings were still in their heyday during the early 2000’s and In the 2002 and 2003 years we won the season series with them and in 2003 we won both of our home game remotes vs the redwings which was awesome as they were the number 1 team in the league both years. During those 2 years I could get 4 club level tickets at any non sold out game and I saw 17 home games season 1. The club level were always last to sell as they were way overpriced so those were the tix I got. I became a huge hockey fan that year. The next year I continued to get the 4 club level seats to many games but I’d usually sell a pair and keep a pair. She would always come say hi and I’d get to know the people I sold the tickets to and introduce them as well pretending they were my friends. Then I just started selling all the tickets for extra cash and a few weeks later the boss told me that he was taking over the account and to not contact them again. That ended my hockey going days. I assume they realized I was scalping the tix and were pissed, but never inquired further as I didn’t want that conversation lol. 

Go Preds!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP
1 hour ago, bs69 said:

Caps looked good yesterday. Will they win that game to get them over the hump or are they just setting their fans up for another let down?

Have to believe that it’ll be the former.  

They will play like it’s the closing of Winterland.

The question might be how they fare when/if they make it to Tampa/Boston.

• Forum MVP
On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 2:33 PM, bs69 said:

Caps looked good yesterday. Will they win that game to get them over the hump or are they just setting their fans up for another let down?

Well  I'll be damned......it's about time!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Caps force a game 7 - on the road.  Gonna be tough to bring the lumber like a they did in game 6 but they are clearly the more physical team.  

Gm7 with a trip to the Finals against the Golden Knights hangs in the balance.  Why not make it a double OT for good measure ?  Stanley Cup playoffs are the best in the business :)

• Forum MVP

Should be great tonight. I'll be rooting for the Caps to finally get over the hump. I think the east winner takes out Vegas, although they will be well rested

Archived