2017 Dave's Picks

John A

On 1/6/2017 at 4:47 PM, John A said:

For the purpose of this discussion, Weir Smokestacks don't count. :lol:  The same would be true of course for a similar discussion of Lovelight or Good Lovin'.

I never got to see pigpen. But the bobby love lights were awesome. But the best lovelight I ever heard was DSO in May of '07. "It feels so god damn good!" 

On 1/6/2017 at 4:47 PM, John A said:

For the purpose of this discussion, Weir Smokestacks don't count. :lol:  The same would be true of course for a similar discussion of Lovelight or Good Lovin'.

I never got to see pigpen. But the bobby love lights were awesome. But the best lovelight I ever heard was DSO in May of '07. "It feels so god damn good!" 

• Forum MVP
2 hours ago, sgrmag2564 said:

But the best lovelight I ever heard was DSO in May of '07. "It feels so god damn good!" 

It is really, really, awesome :wub:

There a link somewhere?   I remember one floating around right here

Been a long time since I posted here.  6-6-69 has Green Green Grass of Home.  It's beautiful.  Listen to Jerry's solo and the way Bobby sings the whole song.  I'm mostly a guy who hears the instruments and only listens to the melody of the lyrics.  This song hit me hard when I understood the lyrics.  

I didn't know what it was about even though I had listened to it 50 times (not bright).  I was listening to it when I googled it and realized what was happening.  Hit me harder.  I wonder why they didn't play it more than 6 times.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP
On 2/3/2017 at 7:55 AM, Tea for Texas said:

It was solid to these ears - what a Birthday present that show was!  Leaps and bounds above the Rosemont the prior evening.  I've heard the grest Lay Down Sally but I'm really excited about That Lucky Old Sun!   I don't know if it'll come off On the recording,  but I remember it being  transcendental !  

Thanks for the heads up !  

New Garcia release is in the house! Lucky Old Sun is indeed very good.  The true prize, however, is the Dixie.  Wow.  In addition to the achingly great vocal delivery, Jerry reaches deep for some dripping wet guitar tone in his solo.  This release is worthy for the Dixie alone, but they clearly nabbed a winner from the '91 Fall Tour.

• Forum MVP
On 2/16/2017 at 5:42 PM, redeyedbert said:

Been a long time since I posted here.  6-6-69 has Green Green Grass of Home.  It's beautiful.  Listen to Jerry's solo and the way Bobby sings the whole song.  I'm mostly a guy who hears the instruments and only listens to the melody of the lyrics.  This song hit me hard when I understood the lyrics.  

I didn't know what it was about even though I had listened to it 50 times (not bright).  I was listening to it when I googled it and realized what was happening.  Hit me harder.  I wonder why they didn't play it more than 6 times.  

I just went and read the lyrics. Only heard song a few times before dso Fort Collins. Never really digested the lyrics. Wow that is heavy. Just as heavy as sing me back home although I didn't find anything from the delivery by either DSO or the dead that rival the emotion felt during sing me back home. The poetry itself rivals it and definitely relates to it. 

• 5 weeks later...

Archived