DSO 20th Anniversary

• Forum MVP
2 hours ago, PoetryGirl said:

Never!!! All about the alchemy, man. 

It's funny you said that, though, because I have been mellowing out in recent years. Something feels nice about the slower, flowing thing. The dance always evolves~

• Forum MVP

When I was in Mali, Africa as a college kid they had this quote, "you can't dance faster than the music" and from someone who has tried...... it's true. When you get confused, listen to the music play! 

Helpslipfrank I'm bummed we did not connect in Berkeley but I know all good things in all good time ;)

crazy shit trying to get a car and get on April tour, but all is aligning and we are shooting for Nashville as stop one :) may miss Alabama and Mississippi (those places are weird, though glad dso bringing them love!!!) so.... see u soon!!!!

but...... i really think this band is my number one reason for everything awesome in my life right now.

drinking some craftwork Pinot noir (alone, my peeps here don't drink! Yay! Lol) that I got for one full price and one 5cents for my bday and remembering 3 years ago when I left home to go on dso west coast tour south to north: this time preparing for southern skies........ on my goddamn way finally!!!!!! 

Kiss kiss

• Forum MVP
16 minutes ago, Supplicated Velvet Thunder said:

but...... i really think this band is my number one reason for everything awesome in my life right now.

Right on Steph,,,soak it all up! That is a pleasure to read that comment. Enjoy the ride!!

😎

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2017 at 6:34 PM, Supplicated Velvet Thunder said:

When I was in Mali, Africa as a college kid they had this quote, "you can't dance faster than the music" and from someone who has tried...... it's true. When you get confused, listen to the music play! 

Helpslipfrank I'm bummed we did not connect in Berkeley but I know all good things in all good time ;)

crazy shit trying to get a car and get on April tour, but all is aligning and we are shooting for Nashville as stop one :) may miss Alabama and Mississippi (those places are weird, though glad dso bringing them love!!!) so.... see u soon!!!!

drinking some craftwork Pinot noir (alone, my peeps here don't drink! Yay! Lol) that I got for one full price and one 5cents for my bday and remembering 3 years ago when I left home to go on dso west coast tour south to north: this time preparing for southern skies........ on my goddamn way finally!!!!!! 

Kiss kiss

yeah next fall, well I hope anyways. Actually I could only make that first night out of the three, family shit  so that prolly cut down the odds 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone first post here. I would love to know when the first show was it was Atlanta area thinking 99-99 ish...

I was really impressed with the two shows I just saw, and we met some of the guys, keyboard player and Bobby's spot.

Anyway if anyone knows their Atlanta history I would love to know when it was that they first started hitting Atlanta area.

• Advisory Board
2 hours ago, Mike said:

I was really impressed with the two shows I just saw, and we met some of the guys, keyboard player and Bobby's spot.

http://www.darkstarorchestra.net/band

Here is a link for the band that gives their names and some biographical info. I completely realize you meant no harm referring to them as you did and no harm taken. But it seems like you are probably roped in now for the long haul with DSO. And that's a very good thing. And knowing their names and a bit about each of them will make it that much richer for you, and properly honor their true identities. And next time you see them you can go up and say "hi (fill in the blank)". 

Dr. B

Archived