New here

MidnightCarouselRider

Hello everybody. I'm new to the forum. Been obsessed with the Grateful Dead for almost 20 years. I'm 34 and live in Michigan with my wife 3 year old daughter and 4 month old little boy. We lived in Chicago for most of our lives and have seen every dark star show on the area for many years. We go to the jubilee every year and do the family camping thing. Dark star is absolutely my favorite touring band. I've known Masons child for many years. (What's up buddy?!)

Hello peeps been reading the forums for awhile, it's an awesome source of entertainment for me my first dead show was nye 86 Kaiser being I was a metalhead we used to laugh about the deads music but my phriend told me to take a chance and let's just say it was like a slap in the face, that night I learned a valuable lesson in having a open mind first dso show im pretty sure was regency sf 2011 best show for me Fillmore when phil walked out for the first set and what a set it was 

• Forum MVP
6 hours ago, MidnightCarouselRider said:

I was also a metal head. Jerry died on my twelfth birthday......sadly, I didn't care and laughed heartily at the late night joke "an estimated 20,000 people that followed the band were called deadheads...now they are called homeless".

that's about what it was, we were homeless. There was nothing funny about August 9th although all the local radio station were making jokes about Jerry's death. Consider  maslov's hierarchy of needs.... that "belongingness" right above "security" in the pyramid? Scary times in the summer/fall of 1986 and then again in 1995. It took years to recover a sense of belonging after having invested so much into the dead scene. that's what's great about this crazy band that keeps the wheel turning with all their touring, the tears start and  stop pouring and then we all get to dance and celebrate life once again enduring, still reaching for collective consciousness, that gold ring deep inside

This is probably going to seem funny but I've been reading these boards for a while though I could never get past that Captha or whatever u call it yeah I know ha ha then I noticed the audio, since i was always just typing those words (like instructed) kinda takes frustration to a new level so after almost 2 yrs I click the audio icon and poof here I am I know John.A is from here (bay area) chuck Vegas bro if I ever get locked up I could only hope to god someone like you would be my savior (go buckeyes) and svt or mango I'll be at the Berkeley shows this probably sounds weird but I feel like I already know alot of you. Sure would like to put faces to names 

• Forum MVP
10 hours ago, helpfrankslip said:

This is probably going to seem funny but I've been reading these boards for a while though I could never get past that Captha or whatever u call it yeah I know ha ha then I noticed the audio, since i was always just typing those words (like instructed) kinda takes frustration to a new level so after almost 2 yrs I click the audio icon and poof here I am I know John.A is from here (bay area) chuck Vegas bro if I ever get locked up I could only hope to god someone like you would be my savior (go buckeyes) and svt or mango I'll be at the Berkeley shows this probably sounds weird but I feel like I already know alot of you. Sure would like to put faces to names 

You had to go ruin it with go buckeyes didn't you ;p

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Thank you, DSO. So many of us would be standing in a corner crying still if it wasn't for you. 

Welcome to the forums. Glad we still have some great ambassadors helping usher everyone back home :) 

i love these forums. They have changed but the love remains! Since I'm about to go to shows I am back on. I dip out when life gets crazy during the days between but we are weeks away from having our own van/tour mobile version 1.0 and days away from Berkeley shows. We will be around for the whole April southern thing and as much beyond as possible. Not too many NE shows (so y'all come down south n play w us, ya hear?!?) stoked to be on full touring schedule again soon. Gonna be a helluva spring n summer!!! Jubilee will be final bash w no kid cause then we bringing the boy along in the van as well for rest of summer ;) yay!

kiss kiss!!

4 hours ago, Supplicated Velvet Thunder said:

Thank you, DSO. So many of us would be standing in a corner crying still if it wasn't for you. 

Welcome to the forums. Glad we still have some great ambassadors helping usher everyone back home :) 

i love these forums. They have changed but the love remains! Since I'm about to go to shows I am back on. I dip out when life gets crazy during the days between but we are weeks away from having our own van/tour mobile version 1.0 and days away from Berkeley shows. We will be around for the whole April southern thing and as much beyond as possible. Not too many NE shows (so y'all come down south n play w us, ya hear?!?) stoked to be on full touring schedule again soon. Gonna be a helluva spring n summer!!! Jubilee will be final bash w no kid cause then we bringing the boy along in the van as well for rest of summer ;) yay!

kiss kiss!!

I will prolly see you in Berkeley I am the tall funny looking guy with long hair (that might narrow it down to 100) but remember a pic you posted from a newspaper awhile back.always have looked fwd to your show reviews 

• Forum MVP
5 hours ago, Supplicated Velvet Thunder said:

kiss kiss!!

Will look forward to seeing you again

Archived