chasing white whale

helpfrankslip

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Quality is not pristine but this was one of the better JK Elevens to these ears:

https://archive.org/details/dso2009-02-07.mg210.flac16/dso2009-02-07d1t01.flac

Others I really like:

11/15/2008 - Palace Theatre in Albany with Dan Healy on sound  Filler:
New Potato Caboose-> William Tell Bridge-> The Eleven-> Ripple

4/15/09 - GAMH

Set Two: Dancin' in the Streets-> The Stranger (Two Souls in Communion)-> Foolish Heart-> Other One-> Drums-> Space-> New Potato Caboose-> The Eleven-> The Other One-> Dark Star (2nd verse)-> Dancin' in the Streets (reprise)-> Touch of Grey

Encore:
Alligator-> Brokedown Palace

JK did a wonderful job and had a great take on an amazing (and difficult) song!

Jeffs take on The Eleven is music to my ears though.  Primal and aggressive but beautiful :)

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, Tea for Texas said:

4/15/09 - GAMH

Set Two: Dancin' in the Streets-> The Stranger (Two Souls in Communion)-> Foolish Heart-> Other One-> Drums-> Space-> New Potato Caboose-> The Eleven-> The Other One-> Dark Star (2nd verse)-> Dancin' in the Streets (reprise)-> Touch of Grey

Encore:

Wow JK really did love to do Touch of Grey.  What an odd place for it to surface at the end of that set.

• Forum MVP

Went every year until 2015 - Life intervened.  Also missed 1st nite of 2016 which was another tough pill to swallow:

Set One: Morning Dew ; Me And My Uncle ; Doin' That Rag > He Was A Friend Of Mine ; Hard To Handle ; Cosmic Charlie ; Cryptical Envelopment > Drums > The Other One > Cryptical Envelopment Set Two: China Cat Sunflower > Sittin On Top Of The World > Dark Star > St. Stephen > The Eleven > Turn On Your Love Light Filler: Easy Wind ; Death Don't Have No Mercy > The Golden Road (To Unlimited Devotion)

• Forum MVP
4 hours ago, Tea for Texas said:

Went every year until 2015 - Life intervened.  Also missed 1st nite of 2016 which was another tough pill to swallow:

Set One: Morning Dew ; Me And My Uncle ; Doin' That Rag > He Was A Friend Of Mine ; Hard To Handle ; Cosmic Charlie ; Cryptical Envelopment > Drums > The Other One > Cryptical Envelopment Set Two: China Cat Sunflower > Sittin On Top Of The World > Dark Star > St. Stephen > The Eleven > Turn On Your Love Light Filler: Easy Wind ; Death Don't Have No Mercy > The Golden Road (To Unlimited Devotion)

But wasn't that 69 face melter from Jubilee 2015 like nectar from Bacchus' chalice on Mt Olympus !?! What a night !! It was such a dreamy space to dance in. You all set the table for us just right- at Camp Poison Ivy. 

Maybe the NC slot wheel will turn around and read Visions...

• Forum MVP

Yeah - That show is still seared into my soul.  Not sure there have been many better I saw than that one.  Getting to share that experience with awesome people was more than a cherry on top!

Here's to a few more :)

2 hours ago, Tea for Texas said:

Where can I get that blk Mt 2015 would love to hear it?

2 hours ago, Tea for Texas said:

Awesome, it's funny I remember when you would have to wait for tapes to come in the mail. we have it so good now its almost unbelievable at least on the technology front 

19 hours ago, Tea for Texas said:

Quality is not pristine but this was one of the better JK Elevens to these ears:

https://archive.org/details/dso2009-02-07.mg210.flac16/dso2009-02-07d1t01.flac

Others I really like:

11/15/2008 - Palace Theatre in Albany with Dan Healy on sound  Filler:
New Potato Caboose-> William Tell Bridge-> The Eleven-> Ripple

4/15/09 - GAMH

Encore:

Jeffs take on The Eleven is music to my ears though.  Primal and aggressive but beautiful :)

well then that puts that to rest but I had read that somewhere, my dad once said only believe half of what u hear and 1/3 of what u read something like that 

• Forum MVP
On 2/7/2017 at 9:10 PM, Tea for Texas said:

Jeff performing Visions.  I've been told you actually have to go to shows to catch the whale.  2017 will remain sparse.

Eleven was on the list for a long time.  

Yep u have to go to shows. Meili has now heard so many visions live she can quickly identify it and she pretty much refuses to learn the songs.  But I've learned I can't shame or trick you into seeing more shows so I've pretty much given up. Usually offers like u can stay for free with us in _________ are effective. You guys got me to Carolina with that. But you are immune to tour peer pressure :/

• Forum MVP

Since it costs a lot to win....

Pushed my relative-envelope as far as I could but It's Father + Husband + Work time now.

I can be talked into just about anything but the stakes are high and getting higher.  

On a different note, Happy Belated Birthday to Neal Cassidy! A few of you have some of exactly what he had - you know who you are :)

On 2/7/2017 at 10:42 PM, helpfrankslip said:

I could be wrong but I read somewhere that while with furthur jk was kind of struggling with the eleven personally I find that hard to believe so to put it to rest how many elevens did dso do during the jk years. and your right tea the whale only works at the show 

I'm not sure, but I think the first eleven was 11-11-11. JK was gone by then (my memory is fading with age) it's entirely possible I am wrong on both counts😎

7 hours ago, sgrmag2564 said:

I'm not sure, but I think the first eleven was 11-11-11. JK was gone by then (my memory is fading with age) it's entirely possible I am wrong on both counts😎

DSO (w/JK) played The Eleven 33 times 12/14/2003 was first time.  11/27/2009 was  final time. 

• 2003 x 2
  • 2005 x 1
  • 2008 x 11
  • 2009 x 19

Archived