Sad but true story.

yetivanmarshall

My wife and I have been having a rough few months due to my mother-in-law's health issues. She was a wonderful person to both of us. We missed NYE with DSO taking care of her. Well, last night was bleak for her and my wife and I went home to unwind, have a few drinks and danced in the living room to 5-8-77. She passed during our favorite show while we we're dancing. She was suffering terribly and this show helped us thru the pain. The full moon last night was a beautiful sight to embrace thru her bedroom window when we arrived to say our goodbyes. Rest in peace beautiful bird.

• Forum MVP

God speed and May you be wrapped in a peace that passes all understanding. She went dancing too... My sincerest condolences.

She has not diminished in size nor freight but just slipped from your view much like a ship dipping below the horizon and a hearty cheer has arisen from the other side, welcoming her into port. (paraphrased from one of my favorite prose pieces.) 

May you and your wife find solace in the fact that you were able to let her go by dancing to a such a seminal GD show. Whether or not your mother-in-law would have enjoyed doing the same is irrelevant. You two had the best possible solution to deal with the stress of knowing she was passing, and in an indirect way may have helped that "beautiful bird" soar into a new realm. Peace and calm be with her, and both of you now.

Archived