May '77: Get Shown The Light aka "holy shit they're releasing Barton Hall"

John A

• Forum MVP

The matrix of 5/8 Betty with the Moore AUD is a pretty compelling listen. 

So this announcement basically crashed the dead.net servers.  Orders wouldn't go through for the duration of yesterday, and they sent a "we're sorry and we're working around the clock to correct it" follow up email.

• Forum MVP
2 hours ago, John A said:

So this announcement basically crashed the dead.net servers.....

This morning around 8:30 I was able to order with no problem.  Word was that between midnight and 5 am there was significant problems ordering. Then they redirected the orders to the Rhino site which was able to handle the traffic.

• Forum MVP

bs,

Totally agree about the Tuscaloosa show.  It's on fire.  I'm not as big on the Hartford though. At least it's not on my cream of May '77 list.

I think there's one thing we can agree on though - if Boston/Ithaca/Buffalo aren't the best consecutive 3 shows, they're certainly the best 3 consecutive shows in different cities. ;)

• Forum MVP
6 hours ago, Mason's Child said:

John I really like 11/4/77 through 11/6/77. I think those are 3 different venues as well

That's a hell of a 3 venue 3 pack alright.  And maybe all stronger shows than Boston 5-7.  But think about what we have in 5-8 and 5-9 :  possibly the best Morning Dew and the best Comes A Time back to back!

On 2/19/2017 at 2:01 AM, John A said:

That's a hell of a 3 venue 3 pack alright.  And maybe all stronger shows than Boston 5-7.  But think about what we have in 5-8 and 5-9 :  possibly the best Morning Dew and the best Comes A Time back to back!

i loved 5-8 dancin from the first minutes I heard it 

• 1 month later...
  • Forum MVP
On 2/17/2017 at 9:21 PM, John A said:

bs,

Totally agree about the Tuscaloosa show.  It's on fire.  I'm not as big on the Hartford though. At least it's not on my cream of May '77 list.

I think there's one thing we can agree on though - if Boston/Ithaca/Buffalo aren't the best consecutive 3 shows, they're certainly the best 3 consecutive shows in different cities. ;)

I found this analysis to be very well-stated and completely agree.

• Forum MVP

I challenge anyone to listen to 5-22 and tell me it isn't one of the best shows... Ever. The band is so tight, Jerry's leads succinct and on fire. My favorite versions of TMNS and Sugaree. You've gotta find the dp3 outtakes as well, some goodness in there.

• Forum MVP

I would have thoroughly enjoyed attending that show. But 5-22-77 is the day I graduated from college so making the FL shows was not in the cards. We had to wrap it up for a bit after Atlanta. Still and all, it was a fun month.

Archived