Berkeley night 2

Tom Banjo

• Forum MVP
3 hours ago, Mason's Child said:

5/15/83

Good call MC!

Set 1

Touch Of Grey, New Minglewood Blues, Ramble On Rose , Cassidy, Brown Eyed Women , Hell In A Bucket, Althea, Looks Like Rain -> Deal  

Set 2

Help On The Way -> Slipknot! - > Franklin's Tower -> Samson And Delilah, He's Gone -> Drums ->
Space -> Truckin' -> Stella Blue ->
Throwing Stones -> Not Fade Away  
Encore
It's All Over Now, Baby Blue

Filler?

• Forum MVP

That's what love will make you do. 

Incepredible show. Very packed venue!!! During BEW I tried to find a not rail spot and there wasn't too much space anywhere so  I just went back to the front..... more on music later- I'm trying to make today's miracle actually getting Apache to the show ;)

• Forum MVP

Oh man..... during the drums "someone" was calling out the most beautiful native sounding yelps and calls. I played Buffy st Marie for Apache the other day and hearing this drums got me all excited and I def had to dance. The space was particularly danceable and not too far out but of course quite stellar: the yelps became cooing at this point. Cool. I like voice improv in my drums space!!!!

That was Lisa. She was at the back left of Rob's drum set. 

Beautiful indeed! 

She was "playing the part" of Flora Purim from the ACTUAL 5-15-83 show. 

And Pete was doing Airto Moreira's part. 

I thoroughly enjoyed the D/S last night! A highlight for me, as well as a beautiful Stella!

• Forum MVP

Hehe I know it was her but I like to make believe it was the voice of a goddess descending and gracing us with her eternal love......

oh wait, that wasn't make believe!!! 

Thanks for the background info, I don't do the "research thing" I've mostly just learned about the Dead touring DSO and getting stories and asking questions in person and on this cozy lil piece of space. 

Um....... you made me want a glass of wine lol

• Advisory Board

Not to be a killjoy but...

To do a 67 show there would need to be a  full setlist known from a 1967 show. There are many partial setlists out there. The only show that looks complete is 3/18/67, Winterland. That show is also up on archive. It looks like most of the songs are in the repertoire. I'm not sure if the band ever did Cream Puff War and that song is in this show. 

So, I think if the band ever wanted to do a 67 show it would likely be an elective in that style, or a mix of two shows where partial setlists are available. 

1968 would be a more realistic leap before a 1967 I would guess. Many more complete setlists available.

Dr. B

• Forum MVP

This was maybe my fav show of the tour. This was such a hard rockin show. Jeff had the distortion turned way up during many songs. So many songs had huge hard rockin epic climaxes. It was fun. This show wasn't full of funky versions. It was packed with loud, shredding versions of songs. Franklins was an exception. It was a smooth bass driven version. 

• Forum MVP

So u are saying that 67 is PRIME dso material since they have "made up what a missing show could have been" and put an elective set w a show set? I, for one, am absolutely ready for a show that setlist is incomplete that Eaton dorks out over and fills in for our dancing and listening pleasure! Would be AWESOME and throw off senses of those that are good at knowing which show ;)

and I really think it would be a shame to let the year slip by without hitting 67. 20th and 50th at same time is a precious chance. But I can wait til summer ;) maybe a jubilee idea hehe

Archived