DNB -Jubilee?

August West

• Forum MVP

I just heard from a friend that David Nelson has just been diagnosed with the dreaded C word. He obviously is going to have more pressing things to attend to, which puts his status for the Jubilee in serious jeopardy. I really love that band, and was actually going to walk down the hill to attend their sets. That is one tight band.

I wish him all the best during his fight. Fuck cancer.

• Forum MVP

Davis Nelson posted on another forum this afternoon that he has colon cancer. His post sounded very positive it that he seemed to have an attitude that he would beat this. He said he was starting treatment and would have to cancel shows but he only listed a few near future shows as canceling at this time.

Peace, Love, and Prayers for David,

Doc

part of the reason I couldn't catch the final 2 Berkeley shows. my older brother who was given three months to live on February 4 was hospitalized on the 17th he could never understand my dead addiction but when I got to the hospital well I haven't seen him in so long this disease shows no remorse I felt like he didn't deserve this anyway I had him listen to the 2/ 9 17 crazy fingers and during Jeff's solo he kinda gave me this smile I hadn't cried in awhile but I almost wanted to believe that he got it, well he hung on for a few more hrs then he left but from this point on I'll always see that smile 

• Forum MVP
4 hours ago, helpfrankslip said:

part of the reason I couldn't catch the final 2 Berkeley shows. my older brother who was given three months to live on February 4 was hospitalized on the 17th he could never understand my dead addiction but when I got to the hospital well I haven't seen him in so long this disease shows no remorse I felt like he didn't deserve this anyway I had him listen to the 2/ 9 17 crazy fingers and during Jeff's solo he kinda gave me this smile I hadn't cried in awhile but I almost wanted to believe that he got it, well he hung on for a few more hrs then he left but from this point on I'll always see that smile 

Wow - My condolences to you and your family.  Gut-wrenching stuff but your brother is free of the pain and finally getting to really rest.

im glad you got to share something you are passionate about with your brother.  That smile was hopefully a little comfort or a brief respite for both of you.  Thanks for sharing your experience during a dark time.

Gotta Hug 'em tight  

• Forum MVP

Bummer !!!

Just to spread some light- they are finding bacteria associated with gum disease in the gut and concomitant with colon cancer. Floss and keep your cleaning appointments !! Eat your probiotics and have a healthy microbiome. 

Wow HFS- that is truly meaningful - I am thankful you and your brother shared that heart space. Crazy Fingers will always be a place you and your brother share. Sorry for your family's loss. 💕🙏🏻🌺

6 hours ago, PoetryGirl said:

Bummer !!!

Just to spread some light- they are finding bacteria associated with gum disease in the gut and concomitant with colon cancer. Floss and keep your cleaning appointments !! Eat your probiotics and have a healthy microbiome. 

Wow HFS- that is truly meaningful - I am thankful you and your brother shared that heart space. Crazy Fingers will always be a place you and your brother share. Sorry for your family's loss. 💕🙏🏻🌺

Thanks you &tea tiny thread drift! pg that kinda makes since bacteria being linked to colon cancer what my brother had was pancreatic cancer which from what I understand is hard to treat even if you detect it early. I used to think that a cure was being suppressed by maybe the pharmi industry for financial gain but I don't think that anymore cause it eventually effects everyone rich or poor up until now it had never hit this close it's just not something I think about but from now on when I hear crazy fingers I will always think about my brother.funny I took shit from my parents for turning my younger brother on to the grateful dead. 

Archived