Saban Theatre ticket fees are ridiculous...

jeffreybload

27 minutes ago, jeffreybload said:

First time ever...I might skip a concert due to the service fees.  $45 ticket with $17.40 in fees.  Much as I would like to be there, couch surfing with the ipod might be the way to go.  DSO is one of my favorite ways to spend an evening, but $63.40 is too much...thoughts?

You're right that's ridiculous but I have paid about that amount but at that time I hadn't seen a show in a while. I've heard of people paying way more for things they enjoy like the way we enjoy dso I think we got spoiled going to dead shows even in the late 80's they kept ticket prices reasonable and i would think dso tries to do the same but there is only so much they can do i hate greedy ticketing agencies they will keep going until they have all the money. 

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, jeffreybload said:

First time ever...I might skip a concert due to the service fees.  $45 ticket with $17.40 in fees.  Much as I would like to be there, couch surfing with the ipod might be the way to go.  DSO is one of my favorite ways to spend an evening, but $63.40 is too much...thoughts?

Dead and Co will cost more and won't be as good. 

• Advisory Board
1 hour ago, jeffreybload said:

Sucked it up and bought mine...looking for a winner after that strangeness in Ventura last night.

What strangeness? Ventura was a slice of heaven. Wide open dance space everywhere with a super hip crowd and a killer elective. Unless strangeness is being used as a positive adjective. You know it's gonna get stranger, so let's get on with the show!

2nd set open with Corrina. Instrumental Imagine out of drums. Much more but fuzzy memory precludes me from sharing it. 

Dr. B

• Forum MVP

Set One: New Minglewood Blues ; Dupree's Diamond Blues ; Big Boy Pete ; West L.A. Fadeaway ; Beat It On Down The Line ; Broken Arrow ; Me And My Uncle > Big River ; So Many Roads ; My Brother Esau ; Keep On Growing > Don't Ease Me In 

Set Two: Corrina > New Speedway Boogie > Man Smart (Woman Smarter) ; Terrapin Station Suite > drums > space > Imagine (instrumental) > All Along The Watchtower > Dear Mr. Fantasy > If I Had The World To Give > Truckin' 

Encore: Midnight Moonlight

Archived