Scottsdale

DesertDead

• Forum MVP

4/4/91

And...Sis and Bros.

New member, first post!

Show raged.  Sound was great.  The venue does not get a lot of crowds like the one that just rambled on through there tonight.

Stranger was funkified.

ROR was a blast.  Promised Land rocked hard.

H/S/F was such a blast.  Slipknot made believers out of many.  Spacey and fantastic.

Jam to the end He's Gone was also funky and stopped time for me.

• Forum MVP

I wish the kids spaced it out and did a little more dancing and shaking their bones tonite. It was fun but there was more space in the venue than we used. If we all stand one foot further apart we can dance a whole lot more and love each other just as much. 

• Forum MVP

Set 1

Let The Good Times Roll, Feel Like A Stranger, They Love Each Other, Walkin' Blues, Ramble On Rose, Memphis Blues, High Time, Promised Land

Set 2

Help On The Way-> Slipknot!-> Franklin's Tower, Estimated Prophet-> He's Gone-> Jam-> Drums-> Jam-> I Need A Miracle-> Standing On the Moon-> Good Lovin', E: U.S. Blues F:  Sisters and Brothers

• Forum MVP

Haha. I heard a great joke in a cigar lounge the other day. Lock your girl and your dog in the garage in AZ in August for a few hours. Open the door and see who is happy to see you. You'll know who unconditionally loves you. 

The jam I heard towards the end of he gone sounded like I got my mojo working to me. But I could be wrong. Didn't really sound like other one before drums. Did have some other one truckin sounds coming out of space before miracle. 

• Forum MVP
9 hours ago, PoetryGirl said:

Did they harmonize at the end of He's Gone and play what could be a lead in into the Other One before drums? 

A bit, but I would not have assigned any OO attributes to the vibe without being prompted.  There was a repetitive aspect that could be reminiscent of a lead-in for it, but it was Jeff, I think.

It could have also been the giant yellow bear standing next to him for all I know.

• Forum MVP

This show was marvelous and despite the too attentive authorities afterwards, I was stoked that the venue was so awesome (far superior to last year's Tempe show! That place sucked!) We got a whole group of us in with miracles and went in quickly to escape the invasive booty dancing music blasting from the fancy club next door..... *shudder* but it was a warm evening and everyone was smiling!!! Wonderful family vibes from the crowd as we all wandered inside!!

i clued into the 90s vibe, especially after let the good times roll started. Very groovy and very perfect start to the show.... the show I couldn't review til today cause it's the first day most of the hippies have cleared out and since the landlord came hollering about which day we are supposed to leave, I'm fitting this in while packing.... but be damned if I'm leaving bf the agreed date ;) but good to get ready to get back Truckin on.... April dreams manifesting!!!

stranger was electrifying but when they did TLEO I heaved a sigh of relief bc after the gem and jam I thought I might not like the song anymore.... but naaaaaaahhhhhh, just been away from home to long. We spent the night on the rail, and though he had been sick since we got back he felt better day of show and boogied w me the whole night :) lord u can see that it's true ;)

walkin blues was hella stomp down funkdefied and I giggled most of the way thru. Rambling rose following that kinda blew my mind with joy and gratitude and my giggle fit was in danger of overloading me.... but we get by. Memphis blues barely let me catch my breath bf swooning and losing all senses during high time: good golly........... I felt the mud on the wheels and knowing my friends were there from before and now and then I pretty much just gave my face up for the rest of the night... think it got registered as stolen.

promised land, indeed.

looking for a place to smoke at set break was fun bc everyone said, "go upstairs....." which doesn't seem logical but the crowded lil balcony was pretty cool to catch some air and smoke on. Saw friends. Very cool.

second set did me in. Too much energy in all the right places!!! My friend came to her first dead show ever and got a help slip frank?!?!? Yay! So happy I brought her to this one, she loved it!!! Estimated was spooky and the he's gone dreamy.... perfect....... and the drums segment kept me dancing way too hard throughout!!! Yippie!!!!

i melted back into the rail for the moon....... I wasn't the only one that lost their sense of time and space at this point. Really would rather be with you, my sweet DSO family from coast to coast. This music has brought me to everyone I love most. The depths of my gratitude go on forever!!! Good lovin, just on time, every time!!!! Hella way to walk off stage! The blues will hold me over til April when 

we can walk together, little children........ to the promised land :) (aka dso southern tour hehehehe)

but..... the defining moment of the night, personally...... was getting home (with close calls) to 10 hippies hanging round outside my gate and plenty more coming throughout the night to help me have my first DSO after party and MY HOUSE (not my hotel room or car or campsite, lol) We had a blast and I'm so grateful I finally got to share a space after we lost our face...... divine.

have fun in CO..... wish timing had been on but, alas, all good things in all good time!

Archived