2017 draft

Rude

• Forum MVP

I was looking at the upcoming draft and wanted to post this mock draft for reference.

Pick Team Player
1 Cleveland Browns DE Myles Garrett, Texas A&M
2 San Francisco 49ers LB Reuben Foster, Alabama
3 Chicago Bears QB Mitch Trubisky, North Carolina
4 Jacksonville Jaguars RB Leonard Fournette, LSU
5 Tennessee (from Rams) S Jamal Adams, LSU
6 New York Jets CB Marshon Lattimore, Ohio State
7 Los Angeles Chargers S Malik Hooker, Ohio State
8 Carolina Panthers DE Solomon Thomas, Stanford
9 Cincinnati Bengals DL Jonathan Allen, Alabama
10 Buffalo Bills QB DeShone Kizer, Notre Dame
11 New Orleans Saints DE Taco Charlton, Michigan
12 Cleveland (from Eagles) QB Deshaun Watson, Clemson
13 Arizona Cardinals WR Mike Williams, Clemson
14 Philadelphia (from Vikings) WR Corey Davis, Western Michigan
15 Indianapolis Colts CB Quincy Wilson, Florida
16 Baltimore Ravens CB Marlon Humphrey, Alabama
17 Washington RB Christian McCaffrey, Stanford
18 Tennessee Titans CB Teez Tabor, Florida
19 Tampa Bay Buccaneers TE O.J. Howard, Alabama
20 Denver Broncos OT Garett Bolles, Utah
21 Detroit Lions TE David Njoku, Miami
22 Miami Dolphins DE Charles Harris, Missouri
23 New York Giants DE Derek Barnett, Tennessee
24 Oakland Raiders LB Haason Reddick, Temple
25 Houston Texans QB Patrick Mahomes II, Texas Tech
26 Seattle Seahawks CB Gareon Conley, Ohio State
27 Kansas City Chiefs RB Dalvin Cook, FSU
28 Dallas Cowboys DE Takkarist McKinley, UCLA
29 Green Bay Packers OL Ryan Ramczyk, Wisconsin
30 Pittsburgh Steelers LB Jarrad Davis, Florida
31 Atlanta Falcons DL Malik McDowell, Michigan State
32 New England Patriots S Jabrill Peppers, Michigan

1 Deshaun watson is not accurate enough to play pros.  Scrambling QBs almost always fail and can you think of a true scrambler who wasnt injured half his career???  In the NFL you cant throw passes behind your receivers but he lived on that in college.  Over half his passes were off the mark.  He will be a flop and comparisons to Dak are silly and/or just racist.  Dak is a pocket passer who is slow.  Deshaun is a running QB who's fast. The only similarity is that they both are black.  Dak was a super accurate college thrower with no talent around him.  Deshaun has the best WR in the draft and was good because of his scrambling. 

2.  Mike Williams is an all pro lock.  Serious talent at WR.  I take him higher than Watson.

3.  The cowboys are desperate for pass rusher, but I really like Jabrill Peppers.  The combine will be big for him.  I dont know what his true speed and strength is but think he has lots of potential to move higher.  Cowboys may be losing their 2 safeties so this is a position that needs to be filled.

4.  I heard Jerry Jones was possibly interested in OJ howard as their 1st round pick.  This would be another idiotic Jerry Jones move to go along with the insane talk of him saying hes interested in signing Adrian Peterson.  As anyone who watches football knows, Jones hates to invest in defense which is why the cowboys have had very few winning seasons in the last 20 years.

5.  I still am not a fan of taking a QB 4th in the draft.  Fournette is big and as fast as they come but hes a bruiser in a league where you wont be close to the biggest bruiser on the field.  Jacksonville already has the defense though and the next best offensive player on the board is mike williams.  And to prove my point about running backs not going this high, the 2nd highest rusher in the NFL last year was a 5th round back.  When you compare a lattimore who may be a 15 year NFL star to a RB i take the defensive guy.

6.  Cleveland will be getting the most freakish athlete in the draft in Miles Garrett.  He's 21 yrs old.  6'5" 270 pounds and runs a 4.45 40 which was the fastest time on the A&M team.  Oh and he also has a 40 inch vertical.  He was benching 485 at 20 years old.  Hes the most explosive DE Ive seen in a long long time.  Ultra strong and fast and virtually unstoppable and in the NFL you cant double or triple team him every play like they did in college.

Biggest/stupidest trade of the decade

Cowboys trade Prescott to Cleveland and get the 1st and 2nd round pick this year and their 2nd the next 2 years.  Cowboys trade their acquired 2nd round picks for the next 3 years to San Fran for the 2nd pick and the cowboys get Miles Garrett and Jonathan Allen and instantly have the best pass rushing team in the NFL. 

Oh and on a note from last years draft. Jaylon Smith who the cowboys took high 2nd round and was recovering from a massive knee injury, has had zero progress on the nerve damage.  He is set to play this year, but he will now never be 100%.  The cowboys doctor told Jones before the draft that he was positive that the nerve damage in his knee would heal even as every other team was not confident in it.  Well of course, theres been no progress in that recovery so he will be slower and way less dynamic and we passed on defenders who were ready to play last year. 

• Forum MVP

Those were just a few observations. I follow the cowboys mostly so it's hard for me to know the needs of other teams. I heard the redskins re-signed cousins which was good news for them. He was the only QB all year to outplay Dak.  

• Forum MVP

I assume you mean heads up and regular season?

Rodgers won he out played Dak although only slightly. Dak struggled in 1st quarter put himself behind. Rodgers made one last play that really seperated him. 

Ryan and Brady outplayed him all year. 

• Forum MVP
16 hours ago, DesertDead said:

I think that Jaylon still has some game left in him.

What I've read is he will never be the speed and agility he was in college as his knee will never heal from the horrific injury.  After 15 months there has been no improvement in the nerve damage. He will still play and may be an ok player but even losing .1 on a 40 is the difference b/t elite and not playing in the NFL. 

Min another note jabrill peppers was listed at 6'1" at Michigan. At the combine he was only 5'10" lol. That's a big difference for a safety. Will likely hurt his prospects slightly. 

Looks like miles garrett locked up the 1. Athletic freak. At 270 pounds vertical of 41" is ridiculous. His 40 wasn't his best at 4.61 but he still ran faster than 5 WRs at the combine lol. For an edge rusher it's all about the speed and his initial explosion is lightning fast. Unfortunately the cowboys won't be getting anything like this and Jerry Jones is likely to take a RB 1st round or some other nonsense. He's an idiot so I don't expect anything less from him. 

Article on jaylons smith injury. He's wearing a brace to correct "drop foot" because the nerve is no longer firing. The brace keeps his foot from dragging on the turf. It looks bad for his future.  There were great players at the 34 slot and you take a gimp. That's Jerry Jones at his finest. https://www.google.com/amp/thelandryhat.com/2017/03/06/dallas-cowboys-doctor-skeptical-jaylon-smiths-future/amp/

Archived