Ardmore Music Hall ( the Old Brownies ) The Mattson Bunch!

Weather Command

As many or you know, Jeff teamed up with fellow DSO band mates, Lisa, Skip and Rob B. Tom, Rob's son, manned the drums!! Cotter manned the sound! By the way, it was Cotter's 10th different birthday of this year alone!!

Where do I start? 

The band seemed like they were really jazzed tonight.... I, for some reason, thought the show would be dominated by Grateful Dead tunes. It was a different type of night but very, very cool!! After the show, Skip gave me the list and said it was close enough to pretend. Randi Mattson will follow up with accuracy if in fact this is off at all? Many of the songs I had never heard before ;)  

set 1

Arise, Body Parts, High Horse, Mission in The Rain, *Return of the Grievous Angel, *These Lazy Blues, *That's All, Silver Spoon, Shine Your Light, Sleepwalking >The Wheel >Say That I am

Set 2

Time To Kill, Little Knowledge, Blinding Light > Scarlet Begonias, *Jet Plane in A rocking Chair, *Dean Street Mess Around, *Red Dirt Girl, Warm Heart > Palm Sunday, First we Take Manhatten, Talk of the Town > The One > A Prisoner Says His Piece

Encore > The Great Atomic Power, White Rabbit

* Mattson on acoustic

It was so grate to see Randi, John, Deb, Tucket, Michael, Kate, Brian (HB), Steve, Brenda, RJ, Craig....think that's it!!!

In conclusion, Fun night seeing my friends play different tunes....happy crowd, very appreciative...See you at the next one! Peace and Love!!

• Forum MVP

What an amazing night in Ardmore. Jeff with buddies Rob, Skip, Lisa and Tom Barraco on drums, and Cotter doing the mixing, made for a fantastic evening. Jeff plays mostly his own tunes in this format (with a couple of choice covers and a few Dead tunes) and the audience ate them up. Because Jeff has played in DSO for many years, people do not realize the sizable book of original tunes he has and this is a showcase for his material. Zen Tricksters fans will recognize some of them. The place was packed and the crowd stayed right through the end of the show enjoying every minute. It was a particularly special evening for me as it is my birthday weekend and one of my best friends also has his birthday on the same day. And now, wonderfully, I discover that Crazy Digits also has the same birthday! Hearing this music is a special treat for me and I had an amazing time. Here is the setlist:

SET 1

Arise, Body Parts (The Anatomy of a Breakup), High Horse, Mission in the Rain, The Return of the Grievous Angel*, These Lazy Blues*, That’s All*, Silver Spoon, Shine Your Light, Sleepwalking> The Wheel> Say That I Am

SET 2

Time to Kill, Blinding Light> Scarlet Begonias, Jet Plane in a Rocking Chair*, Dean Street Mess Around*

Red Dirt Girl*, Warm Heart> Palm Sunday, First We Take Manhattan, Talk of the Town> The One> A Prisoner Says His Piece

ENCORE:

The Great Atomic Power

Encore 2:

White Rabbit

*- with acoustic guitar

• Forum MVP

As Members of The Zen Tricksters, we released 3 cd's

the Holy Fool

A love Surreal

Shaking Off The Weirdness

all available on ITunes 

filled with Mattson and Barraco(me:-))

original music

i also have( shameless plug)

a cd of original music written with Robert Hunter

entitled  When We All Come Home

RB

• Forum MVP

I love a lot of the old trickster material. One might have noticed, by being there or listening to the recording, that Jeff's playing sounds different. His guitar setup and tone is not what he uses for DSO. Pretty cool to hear.

Ardmore music Hall, formerly brownies, is my local venue, located less than 5 minutes from where I went to high school. I frequently see Splintered sunlight play there along with whoever else comes through town. This particular weekend I missed a three pack of Melvin, Splintered, and this...

Back home now from Peru, ready for some grateful music!

Archived