• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dark Star Orchestra

Electric Factory Philadelphia, PA

12/29/2011

Great show, 1st set was acoustic!

https://archive.org/details/dso2011-12-29.mk41v.m222.mk5.cmc6.v3.flac24

*Also Buy a couple DVD's online.  You can get them on the cheap, copies of Closing of Winterland 12/31/1978 | Downhill from Here Alpine Valley July 1989 | Jerry Garcia Band Live at Shoreline 9/1/90 to name a few.

And remember with ALL Dead DVDs make sure to turn visible lyrics ON & enjoy! =>

• Forum MVP

why would a troll post that?  U guys must be too jaded if someone says give me some show suggestions and you would even think someone is trolling. And even if someone did that as a goof, most people here enjoy listing show suggestions so it would be good trolling. 

• Forum MVP
2 hours ago, Billy DeLyon said:

Dark Star Orchestra

Electric Factory Philadelphia, PA

12/29/2011

Great show, 1st set was acoustic!

https://archive.org/details/dso2011-12-29.mk41v.m222.mk5.cmc6.v3.flac24

*Also Buy a couple DVD's online.  You can get them on the cheap, copies of Closing of Winterland 12/31/1978 | Downhill from Here Alpine Valley July 1989 | Jerry Garcia Band Live at Shoreline 9/1/90 to name a few.

And remember with ALL Dead DVDs make sure to turn visible lyrics ON & enjoy! =>

One of my fav DSO shows was one of my 1st and the 1st I went to solo. DSO did 11-7-70 in Nashville 2/20/2012.  Was a thin crowd and the sound stellar and I grooved front row with as much room as I'd ever need. Rob eaton said we are going to do something special tonight. We are going to play 3 sets. It was my 3rd show so I didn't know how DSO operated yet. These were the goods I got. 

Set 1

Deep Elem Blues
Monkey And The Engineer
Big Railroad Blues
Operator
El Paso
*How Long Blues
Ripple
Brokedown Palace-> Uncle John's Band

Set2

Cumberland Blues
Cold Rain And Snow
It Hurts Me Too
Beat It On Down The Line
Truckin'-> Drums-> The Other One-> Casey Jones

Set Three: Attics Of My Life
Sugar Magnolia
Big Boss Man
Mama Tried
China Cat Sunflower-> I Know You Rider
I'm A King Bee
Good Lovin'

Filler:
In The Midnight Hour-> New Orleans

I'm putting together a requirements document for the delivery of financial statements for work.  Doesn't get more tedious then that.  

Just started streaming into my bluetooth headphones the 2012-2-20 nashville  DSO show as suggested by rudedogggg....

Holy shit, that's some great stuff !!!  ....  SUGAREE is incredible..... But wait  ... it's not the 2012-02-20 show it's the 2012-02-02 show in NYC... oh my..

i guess next up  will be  the nashville .  This document may take me all weekend.

can't thank you all enough... that's my last thank you.    

• Forum MVP
10 hours ago, LIkeEveryOne said:

I'm putting together a requirements document for the delivery of financial statements for work.  Doesn't get more tedious then that.  

Just started streaming into my bluetooth headphones the 2012-2-20 nashville  DSO show as suggested by rudedogggg....

Holy shit, that's some great stuff !!!  ....  SUGAREE is incredible..... But wait  ... it's not the 2012-02-20 show it's the 2012-02-02 show in NYC... oh my..

i guess next up  will be  the nashville .  This document may take me all weekend.

can't thank you all enough... that's my last thank you.    

Yeah the Nashville had no tapers and was never released. The next Nashville 2 years later had a 5 song 2nd set GD recreation. It was the goods too.  DSO brings it to music city. 

On 3/23/2017 at 6:35 AM, LIkeEveryOne said:

Thanks everyone so much.  I've a lot to  listen too.   

and ..Docats and HELFRANKSLIP     I am no TROLL !!!  

just bought Jubilee tickets  !!   (none of that VIP for me)  

um! ok but just to be sure. I don't recall ever typing the word troll. 

• Forum MVP

I'm listening 6/9 right now. Just saw FSO or whatever they call themselves today. They had to sub in a bass player. I think it was good time had by all. Good dance party. I liked that their was more Grateful Dead material but bet some of that was w need 15 songs we can nail now go. 

• Forum MVP
On 3/23/2017 at 9:28 AM, Supplicated Velvet Thunder said:

No vehicle has appeared. Big ideas, but the cash is all spent. Heart breaking at thought of missing April shows. Waiting for a miracle. Hope to make it eventually bf month over but that will require extraordinary effort which I am mustering up as I write this. See ya asap ;) least I in co for father son time lol yay

It was good to see you Steph. 

• Forum MVP
On 3/25/2017 at 11:52 AM, ducats said:

i'm 50/50 at this point - no matter what Rude says

I mean considering you trolled this board pretty heavy for a few years, I can see why u don't trust. You have mellowed out in your old age and are like that crumugeoned uncle who's grumpiness has become endearing. 

16 hours ago, rudedogggg said:

I mean considering you trolled this board pretty heavy for a few years, I can see why u don't trust. You have mellowed out in your old age and are like that crumugeoned uncle who's grumpiness has become endearing. 

never trolled in my life. imo a troll is mis-representing him/her self. I only have one face

Archived