45% service fee rants and raves.

yetivanmarshall

DSO is playing at the Stony Pony Summer Stage this August. Price of ticket $27:50. Ok very reasonable for a Saturday night of fun in August. Service fees $2:00 to Stone Pony and $12:50 to Ticket Whore. I'm only going because I'm a half hour drive from Stone Pony and can avoid Ticket Whore fee. I'm also pissed that I couldn't get a phish ticket even though they're playing 13 nights at MSG. Why would anyone want to sit behind the stage. My wife is loosing her mind too and I just fell down outside my office and almost smashed my face. Also, my fuckin Marshall has to go back in for service 2nd time this month.

• Forum MVP

Some, like myself, could careless about Phish.  Although I had a similar feeling,  I had to wait 2 hours with a finger in the air outside Dick's and pay twice face just to get a ticket to one damn Sunday Phish show to hang with friends.  It took quite some effort.  

I'm glad you can avoid the fees.  It should be a good night at the Stone Pony in August . Never done an outside show there only inside.

• Forum MVP

Another good reminder to try and plan ahead and buy your tix through DSO fan club site (Mission Tix--linked to off of tour page) for each show...way less fees, a smaller Indy company selling you the tix, AND the band gets a higher share of the $ from these ticket sales. 

• Band Member

Just to clarify- The band gets a very small share of the $ from mission tix.  A few coins to be precise.  We get ZERO from Ticketbastard.  In a roundabout, indirect way, we actually get charged by TM to use their service.

GO MISSIONTIX

3 hours ago, robbok3 said:

Just to clarify- The band gets a very small share of the $ from mission tix.  A few coins to be precise.  We get ZERO from Ticketbastard.  In a roundabout, indirect way, we actually get charged by TM to use their service.

GO MISSIONTIX

can anyone say RAPE 

• Forum MVP

A year ago I had 19.00 in fees on a 27.00 ticket for Cincy. There was no fan club available as Ticketmaster had monopolized that venue. It's sad when Ticketmaster makes as much as the band on a show. I always do fan club when possible. I'm surprised there aren't more on the fan club list when I pick up my ticket. It's definitely always a few bucks less and so much easier than Ticketmaster bullshit. 

Whats funny is when they look for you on the fan club printout I always see many names I know as everyone here on the boards gets through fan club if possible 

Archived