St Louis

Tea

• Forum MVP

Set One: You Never Can Tell (C'est La Vie) > Johnny B. Goode, Half-Step ; Tom Thumb's Blues ; Cassidy ; Crazy Fingers > My Brother Esau ; Dire Wolf ; Sunrise > Music Never Stopped 

Set Two: Iko Iko > Feel Like A Stranger ; Run For The Roses ; Corrina > China Doll > drums > space > Unbroken Chain > Throwing Stones > Comes A Time > Satisfaction 

Encore: Let It Rock

• Forum MVP

Started off on a bad foot getting charged a "minor fee" for the boys on top of a full price ticket, only to get inside and be told they were confined to one small corner of the venue. It was deemed a "sober" area and "for their own good" but a dude vomited thru the whole first set about 7 ft from where they were stuck. Show was good though. 

• Forum MVP

Place was soooo packed with balcony closed. I was in the sober area the whole show as it was only place to move. The pit was so packed 1st set as security forced people in, that you couldn't dance literally. 3 minutes in and we left the pit and went to the 1st tier of sober area. It was solid with room to get down. 

• Forum MVP

Hopefully next time they open the balcony. The pageant needs to see more sales before day of show for them to open the balcony. Dso must have sold a lot of walk up and day off ticket sales. Next time don't wait to buy your ticket. Better chance they will open balcony. 

It is beyond ridiculous that the venue does not open the Balcony for DSO's obligatory once a year stop in St. Louis. Its been that way for a few years. It's Asses to elbows and makes for a very uncomfortable concert going experience. My crew and I skipped it this year for the first time ever. Going forward I will just travel somewhere to see the band..

Let's face it, the Pageant is not going to open the balcony for a DSO show. I think staffing also has something to do with it, not just ticket sales. I think it's time for a change of venue for a DSO show in St. Louis.

I would like to see the band play a show at the Family Arena in St. Charles, Mo. I saw an Elton John tribute band and a Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band tribute band at the Family Arena last summer. They only used half of the arena with the stage was set up in the middle of the arena with NO chairs on the floor. It made for a large dance floor. Yes, you would have to pay for parking ($10), but the lot would be perfect for a Shakedown Street. The tribute shows I saw there last summer were general admission seating. Way more room to shake your bones than the Pageant.

• Forum MVP

I think personally we have a better chance of the balcony being open than necessarily moving venues. We're not selling the current one out. Of course staffing is apart of the issue. That's why day of sales can't really open the balcony. They already have made their staffing decisions for the night. 

Im not saying lose hope in a venue move. It does happen. If and when it does you better hope we show in full force on what could be a week night or we will be moved back to from whence we came. 

I love half sold venues. It's epic for my dance experience. Clearly it's not ideal from the business perspective. Promoters aren't going to intentionally look to half sell a venue. 

By the way i have no inside information. I could be told or we could all find out that we are moving venues next time. I wouldn't be surprised by an outdoor St Louis added in summer. Lots of days off on that very short run. I will be doing all of those shows. I really hope some dates added. Like shows better than days off. 

I feel like DSO has a long running relationship with the pageant that everyone involved may be hesitant to sever.

Once again these are my thoughts and may not actually represent the facts and certainly don't represent the opinion or statements made by any band member or crew. 

• Band Member

The family arena is a bit big and too expensive forus.  To the best of my knowledge we will be sticking with the pageant and we have already discussed the balcony issue with them and it will most likely be open next time.

• Forum MVP

The good ole days were when the pit didn't allow alcohol and we had tons of room to dance. Before the show even started a guy dropped his entire beer in the pit. I got a worker to get a mop to clean it up but it was then we realized the pit wouldn't meet our needs. And we forgot how they remove water bottle caps and didnt bring any like usual. Luckily there was a table near us to leave the water.  

Archived