Jubilee Roll Call

Weather Command

• Forum MVP
On 4/12/2017 at 11:02 AM, bs69 said:

I'll be there in VIP, bound to run into Rude at this one. I'm game for the hippy poker, leave the kids to their game and set up a veterans game.

Count me out. All setlists blend together for me. I know the 2nd set of only 1 show song for song. I'm decent at guessing the year of a show as I know when certain songs were played but besides that my brain doesn't work that way. 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Imma make the trip. Have to. Now a 9yr tradition (including grateful fest). The annual trek to the heartland is always uplifting for the early summer soul. To include fun times with my best friend and sibling bro, who gave me a "bus" ticket back in the mid 80s. Best summer festival out there, bar none. See y'all there. 

• Forum MVP

I'm out. After catching every one, Ledges and Jubilee, since '06 (except for the hurricane-drenched first Jubilee) I have a commitment that exceeds this one in importance. I weep at the thought of probably missing the Low Spark breakout but treasure the memory of having gotten to dance to White Bird there, so the karmic balance is maintained.

In.  Question: I've always camped outside the concert bowl (up the hill)...  What's it like down in the bowl?  Enough space for a 6-man tent and an EZ Up?  Is it all slightly sloped?  I know it's really steep by the Shakedown.  Is it worth a couple of trips, not to mention the purchase of a canvas collapsible wagon, to camp down over the hill?  Any advice is appreciated, and thanks all :) 

• Forum MVP
2 hours ago, DaysBetween said:

In.  Question: I've always camped outside the concert bowl (up the hill)...  What's it like down in the bowl?  Enough space for a 6-man tent and an EZ Up?  Is it all slightly sloped?  I know it's really steep by the Shakedown.  Is it worth a couple of trips, not to mention the purchase of a canvas collapsible wagon, to camp down over the hill?  Any advice is appreciated, and thanks all :) 

More space than you could ever need in the bowl.  Screw that climb several times a day.  We usually have a massive setup with several ezups and create a tarp city.  Space isnt an issue at all.  Its slightly sloped but you always want a slight slope in case of rain when camping.  I use a dolly to take my stuff up and down.  An electric cart would be the ticket.

• Forum MVP

Im surprised they dont do golf cart loads at $20 a pop.  That seems like an easy money maker.  I for sure would pay 20 to take all my gear down.  If you guys provide me a cart, Ill take people up and down all day and split the profits.  You can have me from noon until DSO takes the stage.  I figure a conservative 6 trips an hour so we are looking at $480 each and prob a little less on monday on the pack out. 

• Forum MVP
6 hours ago, rudedogggg said:

Im surprised they dont do golf cart loads at $20 a pop.  That seems like an easy money maker.  I for sure would pay 20 to take all my gear down.  If you guys provide me a cart, Ill take people up and down all day and split the profits.  You can have me from noon until DSO takes the stage.  I figure a conservative 6 trips an hour so we are looking at $480 each and prob a little less on monday on the pack out. 

Fuck that 

• Forum MVP

If I wasn't moving back here to the east coast as of this tour, I would say I would definitely be there. It's a good way to get some DSO when I can't make tours. But..... I'm baaaaaaaaaack!!!! Staying on this side o ol miss for a while and I think I will have lotsa DSO this may and beyond so..... maybe end up at Jubilee, maybe do something else (the new guy wants to take me to his local fest that weekend and show me off to his friends and since he has come along w me this far meeting y'all I suppose I can humor him!) 

love u guys. Happy I will be out here where there are more shows. Summer of love tour continues for this lil unicorn ;)

• Forum MVP
On April 11, 2017 at 11:33 AM, PoetryGirl said:

Can't deal me in- Missing you all this year. Bummed doesn't cover it...... good thing I have #SB2017 coming up in 30 hours. 

Sometimes a door in the fire creaks and in walks an opportunity to make it to Terrapin !!

I bought our tx.:D Leaving midday on Friday after graduation- it's a haul- and maybe, just maybe might catch the 2nd set DSO as we wheel in 9pm/10pm backstage VIP. Hopefully we can move the next day. We are bringing the levelers for the van. 2 days is better than nothing !!

I am in!!!!! I found this forum last year before the Jubilee and was excited to meet some of you. 5 minutes into the gate and I was kidnapped into a family of Dead Heads and never made it to your fire. I will be returning to their fire this year but would love to stop by yours for spell. I am middle aged male with and and don't judge others. I just want pass the love and feel the love for 3 days of utopia. if you are interested in meeting another kindred soul pass on any information on how we can meet up after we are their. Also I will be coming from south eastern Ohio, Athens area. Getting there early on Friday and leaving Monday. if anyone needs a ride. I am even willing to pick up someone in Columbus as long as they are ready early Friday morning.

• Forum MVP
On 4/24/2017 at 9:59 PM, gr8fulpair said:

Fuck that 

I'll drive a golf cart for 60 an hour cash. 1 day of doing that alt I could justify adding hampton>cape cod even though I could come up with justification if I really wanted to do it ;)

• Forum MVP

Well I won't be able to make the jaunt to Jubilee this year. Spent many hours staring at the chess board, so to speak, speculating and strategizing how to pull it off but at some point it became clear that it wasn't feasible right now. I will really miss it after making the pilgrimage last year (never had been east of the Mississippi) and I expect to be back there in the future,,but I gotta let it go for now. 

I loved being out there with y'all and immersing in that vibe for a few daze not to mention a lovely drive with Matt through the green hills and small towns on country roads with The occasional Amish horse and buggy. Damn those Amish gals are hotties--those bonnets really get me going...oh well...

😍

Archived