Jubilee Roll Call

Weather Command

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP
On 5/4/2017 at 9:21 PM, Island Bro said:

Well I won't be able to make the jaunt to Jubilee this year. Spent many hours staring at the chess board, so to speak, speculating and strategizing how to pull it off but at some point it became clear that it wasn't feasible right now. I will really miss it after making the pilgrimage last year (never had been east of the Mississippi) and I expect to be back there in the future,,but I gotta let it go for now. 

I loved being out there with y'all and immersing in that vibe for a few daze not to mention a lovely drive with Matt through the green hills and small towns on country roads with The occasional Amish horse and buggy. Damn those Amish gals are hotties--those bonnets really get me going...oh well...

😍

Unfortunately the gf is coming so I'll have to keep my hands off the hot Amish chicks all over jubilee. But luckily I can still look and possibly catch a bare ankle if lucky. 

• Advisory Board

I will bring a rug and also be free to roam. It's a nice home base. I hear that someone has volunteered to be a rug mule and another has volunteered to be in charge of storage at disco pizza.

The remaining issue is the security and sanctity of the rugs as far as non rug people taking it over. No one really wants to be the "rug cop". Maybe we don't really need a rug cop, just a robust rug community. Although a rug "security guard" would be helpful. A certain friend has a particular armpit dance that serves quite well.

I don't really mind if others dance on our rugs as long as they bring good spirit and intent. Standing and talking isn't what the rugs are all about.

Anyone else bringing a rug? If I'm the only one it won't quite work.... if I'm the only one I won't do it. Add your name if you are in.

1. Dr. B

• Forum MVP

I will rug mule, as I consider it a honor to help others dance and enjoy bare feet with out rocks.  

In and out of the garden I go, but I like coming back around to a place that seems familure!!  

Thanks dr. B!!  I always loved the efforts of others for the larger community!!!

• Forum MVP

I can arrange to have the rugs stored at disco pizza at the end of the night. If Barry can't find a few more people to bring rugs I will probably bring one that belongs to the jubilee and not me. At least that's what I will tell myself. Keep me posted. I will keep checking back here. 

• Forum MVP

The rugs were way too far left last year.  Not sure what happened to put us that far away.  I suggest calling a carpet store to find cut carpet they wont use.  We picked some up last year for free that was leftovers from a job.  It seemed like the rocks weren't an issue like they had been in previous years.  The boulders seemed to be gone.  Plus with that amazing sound system and so much room to dance, I like to wander around.  The rugs were like an albatross around my neck until I broke free to move around.  Unless I find some epic spot at a show I like to move around some and feel different energy pockets in the crowd and to have that much dance energy stored in just the rug area deprives the rest of the crowd the motivation they need to completely let loose.  I force people to leave their comfort zone and my job at shows is to make them feel no matter how weird they dance they wont be any weirder than me. 

• Forum MVP

The rugs need to be put out early in the day. Chairs out. People that know those with rugs should mingle there throughout the day. I can help get them set up each day. The last day we set up way too late. I was in a funk as a human being and really dropped the ball. I have since decided this isn't my job but I will do what I can to help. Homebase is nice. I can sit down there and smoke cigars and such. Hopefully some others can appear earlier in the day. 

The rugs were placed well the 2nd night. Chairs along the VIP fence

• Forum MVP

A few years ago I recall a bunch of us (known DSO aficionados)  would be darn near front center and virtually (pun intended) cordon it off for our gyrations. I've notice this practice morphing into "wherever I can find space". A price for increasing popularity. (UGG!!!!! reminds me of another band I used to frequent a lot!)

Should be at my first Jubilee since the "flood" and will aid in the rugs being in front of VIP, where I will be for some portions. As with rude I tend to wander....

• Forum MVP
19 hours ago, gr8fulpair said:

It's a tradition unlike any other. 

We doing the masters?  It's the opposite direction and dancing is discouraged. But pretty sure they are cool with you playing a dead show in a jam box on the green of magnolia. 

Archived