terrapin>

D/S>

king solomans marbles>

St of circumstance>

stella>

johnny b Goode 

encuee palm sunday

• Forum MVP

So my day starts by waking at 10am and the gf asking what are we going to do today. I joked isn't DSO in Knoxville. Then look at tour page. Birbingham. Hmm. 4.5 hour drive. Easy. Book a hotel. Split around 12:30. Get to venue early to buy tix. See it's outdoors. Realize I only have shorts and mild weather clothes. Oh well.  What an amazing night and venue. Packed. Pumped for DSO having the big crowd. Sound off the charts. Doesn't get much louder. Love the outdoor sound. Summers here!!!

oh and I got Marbles!!!!!!!  The gf took a whole vid of it. I'll try to post it soon. Told her don't stop recording lol

• Forum MVP

Did u notice the 2nd set was one big continuation. Butter.  Out of space the band just rips into marbles. I was like holy shit. Heard they were soundchecking it in I think Evansville. That's a complicated jam. That 2nd was the goods. Wasn't sure when the dead played takes a lot to laugh takes a train to cry but it sounded like a 78. When Corrina started i was like sweet original. Epic night. 1st outdoor show of the year I think(not sure if any SoCal were). The weather abided. Thats a big risk this time of year. Cold rain would have been another hypothermia show. Instead it was as epic a nights weather as you could ask for. Almost full moon. Stars out. Happy to be alive in great company. And by far the most hot chicks at a DSO show I've ever seen by a factor of 10.  Looked like several sorority houses.  

• Forum MVP

Shakedown>All Over Now?

Si, por favor.  

And RudeDogggg, I enjoyed the synopsis of your day very much.  Thanks for sharing it.  Allowed a teeny, tiny bit of living vicariously through you today.  You are a tour beast, amigo.  Good job.  Be safe.

• Forum MVP

Very very cool. I shall bite my tongue the next time I think of Alabama shows as "missable." Looks like it was amazing. Can't wait to be there! 

DesertDead: Arizona, huh? Super cool. Was just living there. U ever go see noodles or extra ticket? Kept me sane til I could get back Truckin on

• Forum MVP

It Takes a Lot to Laugh and King Solimon's Marbles  ! :wub: and the rest-  what a great shuffle- everyone dealt a winning hand. 

To dance to King Solomon's Marvels would truly be a blast. For me, the dance is everything and is my first impetus since I first heard music. Nothing brings me more joy in this world- no other band brings the dance on and I am not just jive talking, drumbeat balls to wall dancing - it is the soft nuances that revel the soul that I love the best. 

Cant wait for the upcoming nights. STRETCHHHHH....... 

ps SVT- check out VeeDubs in Asheville for some wheels. Don't know if he has something to sell but this fella knows vans and keeps ours in tip top shape. Several always at the garage. 

• Forum MVP

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2017/04/couple_questioned_not_arrested.html

bwahahahaha..... couple questioned by police for rolling around on grass beside highway were just cooking noodles bwahahahaha. Hope they made it to the show! Lmao..... which one of u was it? Hehehehe they said they were on way to GD tribute..... um, you NEVER say that! Lmao 

• Forum MVP

I just streamed that vid through my stereo and I realize we were too close to the speakers and the bass overwhelmed the mic and you really cant hear jeff or eaton's guitar.  As I said in an earlier post, the PA was LOUD.  We were still 20 feet from the stage and the bass was overwhelming and looks like it overwhelmed the iphone mic :/

• Forum MVP
On 4/9/2017 at 5:15 AM, Supplicated Velvet Thunder said:

Very very cool. I shall bite my tongue the next time I think of Alabama shows as "missable." Looks like it was amazing. Can't wait to be there! 

DesertDead: Arizona, huh? Super cool. Was just living there. U ever go see noodles or extra ticket? Kept me sane til I could get back Truckin on

Hi there Lady with the coolest handle on the entire Internet!

Ya, I dig the desert scene for now, too.  Funny you should ask, as I just finally checked out the Noodles for the first time just shortly after the DSO Scottsdale show.  Kynd scene in the 'Tuk and all.  Maybe I would have been more impressed had I not just watched Jeff tear the LiveWire a new anus?  They're good, not great, to me.  Although I certainly appreciate those dudes and shall check them out again. They did do a Bird Song that got up and flew away a bit. :)

And since we're chatting about it, I first laid eyes and ears on Xtra Ticket immediately following the DSO show in St. Pete, Florida a few years back.  They were really good then, and rarely disappoint when I'm able to check em.

How bout you?  Where were ya in PHX, and where'd ya go?  I presume you dig those guys?

• Forum MVP
11 minutes ago, DesertDead said:

Hi there Lady with the coolest handle on the entire Internet!

Ya, I dig the desert scene for now, too.  Funny you should ask, as I just finally checked out the Noodles for the first time just shortly after the DSO Scottsdale show.  Kynd scene in the 'Tuk and all.  Maybe I would have been more impressed had I not just watched Jeff tear the LiveWire a new anus?  They're good, not great, to me.  Although I certainly appreciate those dudes and shall check them out again. They did do a Bird Song that got up and flew away a bit. :)

And since we're chatting about it, I first laid eyes and ears on Xtra Ticket immediately following the DSO show in St. Pete, Florida a few years back.  They were really good then, and rarely disappoint when I'm able to check em.

How bout you?  Where were ya in PHX, and where'd ya go?  I presume you dig those guys?

Really?!?!? MY handle?!?!?! *tail feathers ruffle* thanks, bro :) everyone round here still seems to call me mrs deviled egg cause of the handle I started with.... cept those that stay up with my crazy shit ;) 

i honestly have really strong distaste for most keyboard players I see in Dead music cause DSO has spoiled me so.... but that guy in the Noodles is a mofo!!! In a good way, hehe. He is the whole band. They are all very fun though, from band to fam. Reminds me of the Splintered Sunlight scene in Philly. I was happy to go see Noodles a bunch when I couldn't get my priorities straight to just see DSO as much as possible (you'd think after 8 years a girl would learn to say, "love u, but I'm going on tour," but I just figured it out! Lol) while living in Phoenix. The desert is magical, enjoy it! I did. Glad to be back on tour, now.

I still haven't seen xtra ticket but they all say nice things bout em. I went to a handful of Noodles bf I left town. But I had to get back to DSO.

we are so lucky to have this band. I cried several times today (here is that shameless honesty y'all "love" me for) as I flew home and arrived in the south bc these guys are the reason I left and the reason I always come home. Grateful is a word that can't begin to describe how I am feeling. 

sitting here at hotel in Charlotte after plan after plan changed and enjoying the tailgating action of my room neighbors, I can't help but feel that this is a new beginning for me. I always say, when ppl ask, "where u from?" That I'm from DSO tour. But it hasn't been true. I have been trying to quit DSO since I first decided to follow em cause it didn't jive with everything everyone says. I went to an island in the middle of the pacific to escape... but I came running back. Even my DSO friends kept talking bout all this other shit to do with ones life other than see as many shows as possible and.... well.... I call that shit and raise it a hundred shows. Maybe that's great for them, I'm so glad ppl have this music to spring from!!!! But for me.... this is it. I live for this. I'm only home when on the way to a show or at it. Maybe I'm crazy, I'm sure I am, but I think I can finally accept that this IS home. 

So..... here's to more DSO. I miss you, Chuckles. And all the others I don't see as much. All those that left years ago. All those that got sober and lost interest. All those that had a heartbreak n never came back. Imma keep going for all of you.

We can all be together forever and ever when.... 

Kiss kiss.

Archived