Terrapin suite
Drums
Space
Other one 
Jam
Going down the road

Rainy day women

what a throw down!! Big, big fun!

First show I've seen this year....with all the Carolinas choices, Asheville is certainly a top pick, as you get whole experience there...GREAT beer choices too!

Crowd was a bit slow to start, but man it got rocking quickly, Jeff started his great playing with Half Step & didn't stop all night...Thank goodness they played two nights at the Peal...that place gets rowdy & tight in a hurry, one night only would have been just too crowded...thank goodness they have moved out to Pisgah for their summer shows

To the "expert" that told me Tangled was played by the Dead 60-70 times, I didn't think you were right, so I looked it up...only played twice, both times with Dylan & the Dead, both times with Dylan singing...I told you it was a Jerry Garcia Band staple...I think the kid was trying to impress his GF with his "knowledge"...That combo with Help/Slip/Tangled was just fantastic

There was a guy with a Grizzly Adams vest on that looked like 30 yr old shag carpet dancing through the crowd being a big annoyance...you are not the only one having a good time dude...there are always a few

Some different combos last night that really worked and some rarities that were fantastic...I loved Lost Sailor into the complete Terrapin Suite...Lazy River Road is soo good & Day Job is a nice reminder for us all...Lisa belted out Chimes, I was surprised by the number of young folks that didn't know that song, Dylan lyrics at their finest...nice bluesy Althea....West LA & Passenger rock...Drums into CE/Other One was for the hard core fans, and was just great...then a little gospel/bluegrass with Going Down The Road helped to hit all the notes....Rainy Day was great ending to a fabulous show...

For someone who doesn't get to shows but about once a year, it was a real treat!

• Forum MVP

By second set the whole place was exploding in joy.

setlist said shining star ballad slot, but time ran out so dropped. It's funny bc I was thinking they would do that one

though I really really really want a

let me roll it to you!!!!

ok shower n ride time!!!! Much more on this show later!!!

• Forum MVP

That would have made for 3 I had not seen before with 🌟 Shining Star. 

We danced in a circle around the sun last night.    

May the wellspring of love within flood the world with love where the Ina, the land, is barren, misused and forgotten and bring forth flowers for all. 

• Forum MVP
On 4/13/2017 at 11:20 PM, PoetryGirl said:

John-

each took a stanza - Rob B, Jeff, Rob E and Lisa  - replete with Lisa on kazoo

Perfect - The Weight treatment.  I bet that's exactly how the Dead would have done it.

On 4/13/2017 at 9:59 PM, gr8fulpair said:

Good times
Half step
All over now
West la
Passenger
Lazy river road
Gset
Chimes of Freedom
Althea
Bucket
Day job

Help slip tangled
Lost sailor
Terrapin suite
Drums
Space
Other one 
Jam
Going down the road

Rainy day women

what a throw down!! Big, big fun!

help/slip/tangled! You lucky fucks, not hating just saying 

• Forum MVP
2 hours ago, helpfrankslip said:

help/slip/tangled! You lucky fucks, not hating just saying 

Ha!  And well said, at that.  

Waiting for the Slipknot to spill into Franklin's and realizing you are instead boogeying to the intro to Tangled must have been pure rapture.

Oh, and it looks like someone has to change his handle.  :-)

• Forum MVP
On 4/15/2017 at 1:32 PM, John A said:

Perfect - The Weight treatment.  I bet that's exactly how the Dead would have done it.

I should add- for all the "dirty politicians".

More of that line of misused power and greed tonight with Throwing Stones".  🌈"Dear prudence" and "Wharf Rat" were  homeruns.  "Fun sure is fun" I had no complaints and tonight did not suck. 

• Forum MVP
18 hours ago, John A said:

It was pretty cool. Only the 6th time in last 16 years they have done it. I didn't realize they did it 2x last year and I was thinking maybe it was a 1st time. After the HSTangled dance marathon, it was the highlight for me. So fun seeing all the singers take a verse. 

• Forum MVP

I thought the pump song (which is that, do you know? Haha dead game trivia I answered though I had no logical reason to know that shit.... perhaps playing with people's tapes....) was the last song of first set and def was sure bucket would be but I was wrong every time, lol.

easily my fave of the run so far. Would have had competition from the 76 in Raleigh but the venue was slightly awkward security and vibes wise and after this Asheville show (due to conditions of my dear friends house my almost healed by dancing cold turned into the rocking pneumonia and the boogie woogie flu) I wasn't able to really dance too much at the next two so this was my super fun dance it out to all kinds of fun tunes with a crowd super down for dancing and a lot of good vibes. 

I can see why someone that was at the Portland show may have not had as much fun with the chimes at this show (cause I listened to the Portland show and by that first crowd applause explosion I was on my knees crying and watching the chimes of freedom ring.... from my dining room while sewing DSO Emboidered Pipe Pouches) but I know for a fact that everyone around me in my usual area was totally blown away and when I looked around the room, to see shiny wide eyes yearning for and hearing the chimes of freedom flashing, they rocked my gypsy soul. Completely mystic. Lisa is a goddess. We are so lucky to witness her appeals to all that is good and true on our behalf. I used to not know or get this song but the second or third time she did it she GOT me HARD and I'm still trying to remember all the words so I can properly play it on my mando.

More later after charging this dang device.... lol..... full review necessary :)

17 hours ago, DesertDead said:

Waiting for the Slipknot to spill into Franklin's and realizing you are instead boogeying to the intro to Tangled must have been pure rapture.

no!the handle is correct but it comes with a backstory I'll tell it sometime. with this band elective +help/slip/ =?

• Forum MVP

Ok. I was gabbing with this guy who had a cool vest outside (I am a vest girl) and when I got into the show I went to my spot, place was pretty empty so I went for one of my $5 lagunitas (maybe second beer of day- taking it easy now after the first show lmao!!!) and when I turned the vest dude was in "my spot." I walked over to him and his lady and stood behind (I have no attachment to space left in me- it's nothing you can hold, lol) and started chatting again and he told me a great story about seeing the boys in '87 at the Greek and I busted out laughing, telling him I just saw those shows last month so we had the vests, favorite rail spot, and a few shows in common ;) total giggle fits. Hehe. Time don't mean a thing but timing is everything hehehehe.

the good times came rolling and hopping and popping out in to the crowd and I saw knees and elbows wiggling all around me. Great warm up jig and then 1/2 step started our trip through memory lane from our childhoods we leave behind across the lazy river of bliss wisdom. There was an almost audible hum of excitement in the crowd and the place was PACKED from the start. The soaring releases and peaks as we rowed down the crazy lazy river made my heart sigh and fly. 

But that's all over now ;) I used to love her, I used to love a lot of things, but how could I truly love them when I was just clinging to my perception of them? It may ease the aching head but I'm in this for a bit more than that. Let it all go. It's all over now.

mmmmmmmm west LA!!!! I met my sweet sister whose house I stayed  at when I went to the DSO show in LA that Furthur tried to steal fans from by playing down the street. We were both at DSO and I met two of my current best friends that night. We were dancing together at this show as she brought her man and cousin and when it went into west LA we both lost it and I danced w my girls sooooo hard and sexy and tough and full of beaming smiles. Funky fresh!!!

passenger- I actually thought this may end the set but then was like, oh, it's only been a few songs, no way, lol, but time was pretty wibbly wobbly at this point cause the music was spectacular and I could see little fireflies like beacons across my whole life's past and into the future and I became deeply grateful that I am a passenger in my own body and the destination can be clearly seen through the foggy woods. Wonderful magic coming from the stage!!!! They were having so much fun!!!

ok- so..... I had to be chided to shhhhh during lazy river road. Before you shake your head, let me explain lol. So I am dancing and I scratch the little kitty ears in front of me and the face that turns is one of my favorite faces to see at a show and one I was coming to see again here in the south. We freaked out hugging and we say things and she introduces me to the guy and as she goes to tell him "about me" (TLEO, me n this lady, lol) and he totally put a finger to his lips and shook his head and both of us and then we both stopped being lil schoolgirls and realized we were in the front of the crowd and bowed our heads bashfully and kept dancing. So adorable and innocent lol. Last time I saw her they played that hehe. Perfect timing and perfect rendition of the lonely lazy days of the seeking ones.

more soon

• Forum MVP
On 4/16/2017 at 2:06 AM, DesertDead said:

I called the help slip tangled b4 the show since they did franklins as a stand alone the night before.  Once we got the help slip I backtracked and was throwing out other options like help slip Corrina. Should always stick with the gut instinct. 

• Forum MVP
3 hours ago, rudedogggg said:

I called the help slip tangled b4 the show since they did franklins as a stand alone the night before.  Once we got the help slip I backtracked and was throwing out other options like help slip Corrina. Should always stick with the gut instinct. 

Sweet call bro.

And I must be spending too much time here because I know that you have Corrina-itis.

You are addicted to Corinna.  

• Forum MVP

Not addicted to Corinna. Just know they have been bringing it out and thought it was a possibility. It's a ridiculous funky dance song though. It wouldn't be strange if say George Clinton busted it out. It's just that funky. 

• Forum MVP
2 hours ago, rudedogggg said:

Not addicted to Corinna. Just know they have been bringing it out and thought it was a possibility. It's a ridiculous funky dance song though. It wouldn't be strange if say George Clinton busted it out. It's just that funky. 

We, your Internet family, cannot help you until you admit that you have a problem. :)

On 4/17/2017 at 3:19 PM, DesertDead said:

Sweet call bro.

And I must be spending too much time here because I know that you have Corrina-itis.

You are addicted to Corinna.  

No ,the simple conclusion is corinna has become! !well let's just say they do it justice. 

• Forum MVP

i remember catching Help Slip Tangled filler at the Wolf Trap in Vienna, VA, dancing with Weinke , the venue worked merch that night so she was off ,, Bix and teachMatt ,remember it rained only for that filler 

Archived