Asheville #2

gr8fulpair

• Forum MVP

Internet never happens when I want it to, but better late than never! These 4 shows were great, but this was easily a favorite. Have to devote enough special time to the review and Easter bunnies and kids and the river then hot tubs in the swamp have taken up my time ;) 

So.... the lazy river road brought me back to where I belong and since I know this is the greatest story ever told I stopped asking questions a long time ago, it's none of my business, anyway, so I simply fell into the music as it caught me without a net and I spun into the chimes of freedom and knew that all those lovers with too personal a tale would be able to show it even if I was born to be a bachelor. And that's how the end of first set went for me. One rolling perfect moment of music after another. On and on and on and its all happening and I am helpless, helpless, helpless. But grateful. 

Sometimes when Althea talks some shit, you gotta remind her that at least you're enjoying the ride. And I fucking did. Champagne from a boot is still champagne hehe. But as for elegant pride..... tear that old building down! Watching everyone get down to day job always gives me deep inner satisfaction and it delivered beyond my 5 dollars a day this time. 

Realized we could leave the venue for set break and had fun  running around with my sis and her cousin and dudes that I hadn't spent time with in years. Good break. Made it back in to a super crowded venue with little space where I prefer.

i moved as soon as the help on the way arrived. We found a spot a little farther to the left with ample room to spin and be silly kids on the crest of the wave so our angels could properly flame. Like a child..... pure. The groove was set to get us tangled and really.... this transition had me giggling for days!!!!! I didn't get how funny it was til I was riding back to our friends and I said it out loud.... and everyone in the car fell into a giggle fit. So good!!! I don't mind the slips and tangles- in fact, I live for them. Drove that car as far as we could.....

when Terrapin started I thought they would do it all the way, but when they really did the whole sweet suite I found myself in another dimension watching the compass spinning and always pointing to Terrapin. Always. They swooned and soared and showed a lost moment of time touched in the starlight of our awareness that made me remember why I follow these people around just hoping they will let the story unfold for me. And they do. Every time. Inspiration. Moved brightly.

i learned about going outside for drums space during Asheville at my second dso show ever, so I went oustside though it wasn't because the music wasn't compellling and awesome. Sometimes u just gotta smoke break to the drums space. It was good.

i saw the shining star twinkling but was floored at the other one comin around right that moment. First verse only but what a showing. Sorry they were running outta time but if u aren't me and don't see this crunch, it just felt like they were on a crazy high energy moment that was never coming down. Can't come down, I've been set free ;)

not feeling bad going down the road anymore- I do wanna be treated exactly this way. Bout fucking time. What a fun night!!!!!

the filler blew my mind. Did this really happen? Were they ever here at all!?! I never knew the real name of this song, and getting the setlist was my education for the night (often is!!!)  the dudes hanging w us passed the do you know this song name test, which made me happy. Kazoo from Lisa and all the fixings. They really will stone ya, no matter what. Especially in Asheville ;) kiss kiss.

went home..... got pneumonia....... stopped breathing several times that night but the windy porch swings were nice. Looks like I still made it...........

• 4 months later...
  • Forum MVP
On 4/20/2017 at 8:57 AM, HelpSlip said:

i remember catching Help Slip Tangled filler at the Wolf Trap in Vienna, VA, dancing with Weinke , the venue worked merch that night so she was off ,, Bix and teachMatt ,remember it rained only for that filler 

I remember well!!   Danced like a timber jack, and spent time smoking with August West half time. 

Largest DSO showing?   Something got a record that night.  My dance shoes were still soaked from the pocohuantus rain out where Eaton could not sing at all second night in VA.   But they played wolf trap well.   

Fun, big beautiful venue!!

Archived