Charlotte

gr8fulpair

• Forum MVP

Great show!  While papably different from Raleigh, the quality of the playing was top notch!  Quite a few talkers but we eventually found more than a few spots with great space, good dance, and kind people.

Beautiful night, great music, and a fantastic group of people to share it with - just awesome!  So kind, so generous, and a blast to be around!

thanks to Gratfulpair for hosting - a beautiful place with everything just exactly perfect!

• Forum MVP

Fun finish to a great 4 days with friends. I had too much too fast during china rider Sampson. I got too low and danced too fast and burned out my quads. My legs felt like jelly and my body was ready for a day off.  Ate around 6k calories yesterday to replenish. It's hard to eat enough food to compensate for these monster dance parties.  Finally got home 2 hours late after the pilot was afraid to land in the rain and diverted our flight to Nashville to refuel. I could have driven to Asheville and back from Charlotte faster than my flight time but not sure if I'd have survived the drive home without a self driving car. 

• Forum MVP
41 minutes ago, PoetryGirl said:

There were 2 tapers at the show and one front and center in Raleigh 

For Charlotte:

Here's a 16-bit:

https://archive.org/details/dso2017-04-15.m241_16bit

....and the 24:

https://archive.org/details/dso2017-04-15.m241_24bit

Please, please, please let Raleigh surface.  Hey Rob - wanna bend the Originals-only policy? :)

• Forum MVP

Got to dance thru the pneumonia for the whole first set. Once shakedown street dropped into our heads we all burst into silly poking around dancing. Space instantly cleared around us and I saw many familiar southern faces. By minglewood, the adorable college kids were kinda scared of us. The cute girl with lotsa makeup and her hair all did up actually snuggled closer to her man and they moved about three feet before the song was over..... totally scared the hippies were gonna steal her from her man bwahahaha. She actually looked afraid..... guess we were scaring the children a little. But the 15 yr old or so couple by the pole was loving it and they were precious all holding each other. Ah, forever young.

the music was top notch and I was super grateful for an 80s dance out. Second set we had to move over to the side by the bar but this created so ,uch space for us that I stopped breathing again. Damn. Sat down a lot, got up a lot. Def got up for throwing stones- kids gotta dance n shake those bones after all!!!!

i even enjoyed the brother Esau. Haha.  He's gone had the whole place grooving and the good love was sooooooo good!!!

om the way to nola

• Forum MVP

I tried on the floor a bit but not my scene. Though the hair shirt fella was there- forever Esau in my mind- although I think his name is Jeremy. And I had to giggle.  Hung further back - Samson was a throw down and HOT and it made honey in my head.  He's Gone just got down dirty-  especially with the harmony and spiraled around into Truckin- just on fire - slick and on point- we were determined to tear the house down during Truckin- the back corner was a barnyard stomp. I found a great place to float in the back and the Wharf Rat was where it was at. I got to dance without boundary. My new BF found me and gave everyone hugs back there during Good Loving. It was fantastic !!! Haha. Good Lovin is right- all you really need. May you be wrapped up in it like caterpillar in a cocoon and blossom like a new butterfly rejuvenated-  thanks Dr. Feel Good ! This night brought it !!

But forever and forever - that Dear Prudence will soothe my ever loving soul. 🦋 Just perfect. More than that !! Thank you thank you. I blast it off the archive and dance the halls of my house. I am telling you- had my ACL not shredded I would have danced my whole life away. 

Yall are one fantastic band full of so much talent. 

PS my intention was to write it all in one review but it turned into a dissertation. 😜 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP
51 minutes ago, PoetryGirl said:

I can't get enough of tthe Dear Prudence on archive - yeah, like a little child. 

I like that it's listed on archive as Fillmore, San Fran. That way the fact that it was Charlotte can be our little secret. And totally agree on the prudence. I remember making eye contact with you the moment it started and we were both thinking the same thing, "see ya in 10-15 min"... loved it!

Archived