Columbia Music Farm 4/21

PoetryGirl

• Forum MVP

Original

keyboards on left, 2 kits, Modulus (sp) cowboy, 4 string bass

bertha good lovin jack a roe (super jazzy) me and my uncle ->Mexicali Cassidy Peggy O Sunrise Dire Wolf Let It Grow-> drums-> LIG

Playing-> Wheel-> Playin reprise. Who was John, Trucking->

( to my ears  smokestack lightningesque->)

other one Jam-> samba/ salsa like jam -> other one 1st verse -> drums -> whole band on percussion -> space-> King Soloman's marbles -> Other one. World to give-> Around and Around 

e positively 4th street

Quite dreamy, jazzy, funky, spacey, lyrical , harmonious, meditative,  discordant, psychedelic show

i met my dance style sister. 💃🏻💃🏻 So fun- love her. 

Happy Birthday Ellie

Happy Birthday Zephyr. 

• Forum MVP

It was family night. J, his sister and I had a rare evening to ourselves. Plans happen according to other better ways than I can foresee.  We had a fantastic time - slow ride in the Westy down and back again . 

The Jack a Roe was slow and had a jazzy feel- I loved the delivery style. ❤️* yall are the best- DSO * The crowd was very receptive to "Sunrise", appreciating the beautiful. quietly powerful delivery. Let it Grow....fantastic. The  jam ensued and Skip's bass started booming- laying it down dirty and playing it back clean. He was relentless and as if on dare took it a little further down the line. It was great- drums threw down a daft beat - and as Eaton turned around to call the entry back into LIG the crowd counted- haha. - silly. He restarted.  Fun crowd. We can count in SC. It was quiet without as many talkers -not as drunk a crowd -  it may have been my vantage point though. 

The second set had all the monikers listed. Playing was lovely and dreamy. "Who was John". Trucking dancy and had my attention as it finished and I listened intently for where the music would meander, The strains of Smokestack teased me. Then the Other One with King Solomon's Marbles. The "suite" was epic and tortuous and beautiful and wrought with feeling.  The Caribbean dance feel to the jamming left the Other One - still in the room but decorated so differently. Beautiful........ I love what you were putting out there and creating. Traditional Other one reemerged -meditative at times I closed my eyes_ and dipped into drums with play on the side stage and short space as Marbles surfaced. It was complicated and sweeping, the start and stopping and then fluidity. quite the experience. 

If I Had the World to Give. Such words and sentiment- everything anyone could ask or want and captures the nature vulnerability - I went to the back corner on the concrete and while dancing this beautiful bird flew to me and we were two of a feather - soft spins and delicate light as a feather footwork- circling and spinning - Around and around we laid it out there- the biggest throw down ever- I collapse on the cushy couch almost at the end and was quite done. Dance holds my ❤️ aglow. I poured myself out and then lowered it down again with 4th st. Because it was the end - not that it is a dance I enjoy- an brilliant scathing upbraiding of a song - it makes me sad the rub of that song- the hurt, the pain and doesn't leave me floatin on an upstroke. 

I hope I hope she comes to Black Mountain to dance again. 

And that is it for me until when. Be well, open hearted and thanks for listening. 🌟

Thank you for my mini tour. It was unforgettable and I appreciate it with all my heart. You all rock DSO. Thanks for keeping the dreaming alive; your planning and deadication always impress. May the sun be at your face, the road at your feet, the wind at your back and may God hold you and yours in the palm of His hand.! Mahalo nui loa. 

• Forum MVP

Um..... i have been trying to post words here all day about the epic show last night and it won't let me- internal server error. But I can post that I can't post. I don't think I'm allowed to pubically say what happened last night bc it was too magical and unspeakably perfect....... proves it that I can't even post my review......... 

wow

thank you. 

5 hours ago, Supplicated Velvet Thunder said:

I don't think I'm allowed to pubically say what happened last night bc it was too magical and unspeakably perfect....... proves it that I can't even post my review......... 

wow

thank you. 

WOW is right.  Who or what do you think is reading your mind?  Obviously, you can post.  

• Forum MVP

Terrific  evening in my home  town of Columbia. The  band  brought  the  goods and  the  love. A rare indoor show  where  there  was  plenty  of  space  to  move  and  dance. I  think  the  last  time  I  saw  them in Columbia ,  Tiny had just  died so  it was  a sad evening. Highlights  for  me  were  King Solomons and  World  to  Give. Ended up  on the  rail for  the  last  few songs......enjoyed  watching/feeling Skip bomb the  place.....he raged on the Other One. Please  make  Columbia  a regular  stop....I'll  combine a family  visit with DSO medicine all day every  day.

• Forum MVP

I can post but not that it was the best show ever or that I would give up the last 8 years of following these guys to have made this my first show and start traveling all over again. It wouldn't let me post that it was the best show I have ever seen, or that they made me think it was a 77 the whole time til who was John. Guess I was too excited posting yesterday, hehe.

shows like this are why I left Columbia 8 years ago to follow these guys around the country. And I got to bring friends back to my old house for a hot tub party afterwards..... full circle like a mofo !!!

we are hitching our way to ATL and have a ride to NoLa, but we took a nap at the exit yesterday in the tall trees and shade and I had world to give swirling through my head all snuggled against this amazing guy. Show 5 together, 10 days in on the hanging out and no one believes we just met at the show in Asheville (shit, I don't believe it!) and we melted at this sweet ballad, sweaty and clutching each other and feeling the whole world pour out of us into everyone else. Wasnt sure if I was allowed to have this moment with him so soon..... but it was just exactly perfect ;)

when the got to World to give I fell to the ground and sat- my legs literally gave out in the majesty of the moment and I couldn't believe I was getting this song for the second time in my life. I love my life.

lisas from the heart of me has been whirling through my mind still as well so sweet and perfect. The whole first set was swoops and arcs of light and sound but the second set destroyed my senses and recreated them in the image of the lightning in the sky. 

I have never experienced anything like this. The solomons in the other one, the wheel in the playin.... all of it was beyond me and I danced in ways I didn't know I could dance.

thank you. Thank you.  Small crowd, only a few consistent faces, but by the end all faces were stolen. 

Great 77 show that never was. It has been now, thank all that is grateful and joyful. 

Kiss kiss

• Forum MVP

From the first notes, musically, to me, the entire show was discordant and always on the verge of falling completely apart. That songs came out of the chaos and hearts were beating through Star beams was a special bonus to the one continuous jam/song that was second set. I live for this kind of sound.

satisfied in a world where I can't get none. Deeply. 

Lets do it again!!!!

• Forum MVP

Omg and the family drums!!!! Only my second one and it was soooooo cool watching them all have so much fun hiding out on the side of the stage having a drum and funny instrument party!

oh, Lisa, still have from the heart of me stuck in my head. Everything. From the heart of me. 

I knew I loved this band (quit my career to follow and be a bum) but this.... this is more than love. This is the pure awareness of knowing when life paths are entwined beyond understanding and the recognition that gone are the days we stopped to decide...... we really do just ride.

cant come down, I've been set free

Archived